shelbyandroberto

Visa is issued but hasn't arrived :(

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my fiancé and I are getting more and more anxious as each day goes by. Any reassurance is much welcomed!

Our visa was issued April 16, 2014. The El Salvador embassy confirmed this with us when I sent them an inquiry a few days ago. However, my fiancé went to Cargo Expreso yesterday to pick it up and our visa wasn't there. The lady at the desk worried my fiancé when she said it should be here by now and that we better contact the embassy. So that's exactly what I did, but haven't heard back yet.

I know it's been less than 10 days, but it worried me even more when I checked our passport status over the phone today and it said it was on the way to the embassy. On the way there?! I'm praying that's a glitch :(

Please, any help??

April 15, 2012: Met in El Salvador
October 18, 2013: Engaged!!
October 26, 2013: I-129F filed
October 29, 2013: NOA1
December 2013: NOA2
March 12, 2014: Interview - APPROVED! (But missing one document - put in AP)
March 24, 2014: Embassy confirms they received missing document
April 16, 2014: Visa status says ISSUED!

April 29, 2014: Received email from ustraveldocs - visa ready for pickup

May 2014: My future hubby comes home!!

My phone always posts twice, I'm so sorry. Please delete one of my duplicate topics, thank you!

Anybody?? Even just an idea of how long it took to receive your visa after being issued?

Embassy hasn't written me back in several days. I called the ustraveldocs people and they said it might be another 3-5 days before it arrives, they didn't sound very sure of where it could be. Probably best advice.. wait more :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might have luck if you ask your question on this subforum here: Mexico, Latin & South America

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Thank you! I appreciate the reply, I will try posting under that sub-forum :)

We still haven't received our visa, still haven't gotten ANY reply from the embassy. I'm so frustrated!! My fiancé called them today and the lady just said it's still be processed. I don't get it?! I thought the wait was finally over, I haven't read of anybody having problems once the status changes to issued :,(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I was curious about this myself... I am in a slightly different situation since we have been in administrative processing since August. After 7 months, they requested new medicals mid-march, which were completed at the end of march and received by the embassy on April 2nd. We thought that it would be a couple of weeks before we heard from the embassy requesting the passports, but, it was almost 4 weeks, and they finally sent a request yesterday for my fiancé to send his and his daughters passports. He will be sending the passports via cargo express on Wednesday... does anyone have any idea how long it could take to get the visas back? I'm not getting my hopes up, because every step has ended up taking longer than we expected... but, a round about idea would be nice :)

I was curious about this myself... I am in a slightly different situation since we have been in administrative processing since August. After 7 months, they requested new medicals mid-march, which were completed at the end of march and received by the embassy on April 2nd. We thought that it would be a couple of weeks before we heard from the embassy requesting the passports, but, it was almost 4 weeks, and they finally sent a request yesterday for my fiancé to send his and his daughters passports. He will be sending the passports via cargo express on Wednesday... does anyone have any idea how long it could take to get the visas back? I'm not getting my hopes up, because every step has ended up taking longer than we expected... but, a round about idea would be nice :)

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear how long you've been in AP and how stressful all this waiting must be for you guys! I wish I could help you somehow. :( It's so hard to know how long it will be since it's different for everyone.

An update for us - we FINALLY received notice from Cargo Expreso yesterday that our visa was ready for pickup! Praise God!! We are so relieved and grateful. My fiance picked it up yesterday and we have our plane ticket for his flight home. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.