laurenmat

So worried about going through immigration!

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone else over think it so much that you make up this dumb scenario in your head that you'll be denied entry?

I need someone to vent my worries to.

I'm visiting in June for 4 weeks. I have my employment letter already to go, and going to take my noa1 email and my husband is going to email me a copy of the noa1 he got in the mail.

And I will be sure to print out my flight itinerary.

Has anyone traveled this year into LAX and had no bother?

Would appreciate a friendly response to calm my a** down!!

Thankyou in advance guys

event.png

Interview FEB 27TH :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You'll be absolutely grand - I think there is a lot of scaremongering in this forum when it comes to visiting. If you never joined here, and read all up about it, would you be as worried?

I am in the exact same position as you are, visiting my wife for the first time since we married in June time, but I will also have my NOA1, and a letter from my job. If you've got all them and your return flight and your ESTA sorted, you'll be laughing. A letter from your employer will be more than enough, tenner says they don't ask for it.

You have no intention of over staying, that all you need to remember, you are honest and law abiding, the CBP are well trained, they will be able to see that, a long with all you evidence.

Best of luck to you!

That's exactly what I was saying to my husband last night, as much as this forum has helped me with questions regarding our application. If I didn't know it existed, I wouldn't even think about the immigration part even being a problem.

Do you suggest I simply say 'visiting my husband'?

Yeah, they probably won't ask for it. It's just such a pain in the butt that the process is so long and difficult and then they throw in the fact immigration officers scare the hell out of us! I know I will be fine. I'll be laughing at myself come June.

Thank you so much

event.png

Timeline

Yeah this forum has been brilliant, and I love it - but some members like to scare monger and be negative.

I would yeah - usually they'll ask purpose of visit e.g business or pleasure - say pleasure, and if they ask give them the name etc, if they probe further yeah definitely say husband, you've got nothing to hide.

Last few times, I have a joke with the CBP officers as well, but I guess thats just what I am like, Irish people tend to talk to anyone and make jokes in serious situations haha.

I see you're Nebraska, I think theyre goin fairiy quick, so hope you get your visa soon!!

The last time I visited I stayed for 86 days and said I was visiting family (which isn't a lie, my husband is a friend of my cousin which is how we met) and he didn't ask anything else.

I got myself all worked up before I got to the officer and ended up taking my engagement ring off!! I'm an absolute bag of nerves about it haha.

But this time I'm determined to just stick to 'husband' rather than trying to bend the truth. I know I'll be much prouder of myself too lol.

Well Nebraska has been a bit behind from what I've read, but is trying to catch up! Our 'adjucated date' on our timeline has changed twice in a week! But my fingers are crossed for sooner rather than later, kind of was hoping I would be there before Christmas!

Where are you filed at? I'm on my phone right now so I can't see your timeline properly.

event.png

Timeline

Well sure the way I'd look at that is, you have a good track record, you went home in time, no record of overstaying, that's good! Yeah, best sticking with husband, I dunno if they record your answers at the POE, but if you said friend instead of husband, it could be used against you in the future? idk - it probably wouldn't but you never know - sure its always better being honest, especially if you've nothing to hide!

That would be nice to be over there before Christmas alright, christmas in the sun? madness..

I'm filed at California, which is going really fast aparently, but doesn't do me much favours, as my wife is actually Mexican, she needs to get her citizenship, so that is the spanner in our works the moment; but when she does, she will come to Ireland and wait it out with me :)

Yeah all my trips have been weekly/fortnightly trips except my last one which was 86 days but like you said, I didn't over stay. And this trip is only 4 weeks long so I don't think it should raise any alarm.

I hear California is pretty speedy. My husband is from California so I wish ours was there, would make more sense. Oh, good luck to you! When did you file?

event.png

Timeline

Ah its weird how it works, my wife is from Florida, so it was supposed to go to Texas, don't think theres any rhyme or rhythm to it.

We filed last Saturday, our Priority date/NOA1 is 15 April, just want the time to speed up already

Oh I see. We aren't too far apart re: filing time! We sent ours early March.

All the stress will be worth it soon! I'll look back at all of this with a sigh of relief!

Thank you for your reassurance though! It's helped a ton. Just got to stop reading horror stories on here!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.