FILED FOR AOS, EAD & AP: 1-10-07

RECEIVED NOA: 1-23-07

BIOMETRICS APPT: 2-03-07

RECEIVED EAD & AP: 3-31-07

INTERVIEW PITTSBURGH 7-11-07

RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 7-30-07

Congrats... now spill!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Congrats... now spill!

Congrats

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks!

Wednesday they told me quit calling so much, call back in 1 week. Thursday afternoon a woman from the embassy called Lana and said she was approved, but they forgot to get her fingerprints. She was very nice, and kept apologizing for the prints, conserned she had to return and arrange travel, but arranged for her to make an appointment for it, then come back to the embassy 2 days later to pick up her passport instead of DHL. So, Lana is flying here 2/8 APO Atlanta!

A letter of support was emailed to the embassy on Wednesday from my Senator's office. That may have triggered something. I'll never figure it all out.

Barry & gogal - hope my pm's helped a little. I hope you get the call soon also!

Thank you all for your support.

darsdislake-

I am happy for you, I hope all else goes good for you guys...................

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Timeline

Holy #######. I just read all this, knowing Natalia's interview is in February. THANK GOD I went to see her in Germany over New Year's. THANK GOD I have had a 14 attorney imigration law firm in on this from the beginning. We've seen each other 5 times for a total of 9 1/2 weeks over the past year. I have telephone logs of daily calls for 14 months. The attorneys prepared a kit bigger than the Atlanta Yellow Pages to bring to the interview. If they do not approve us, it will be a fight for sure.

BTW - I proposed to Natalia on New Years eve in Munich at the fanciest New Year's party in Munich - under theater floods! We danced to applause to "Stand By Me". Photo attached.

post-28412-1169775931_thumb.jpg

post-28412-1169775949_thumb.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Holy #######. I just read all this, knowing Natalia's interview is in February. THANK GOD I went to see her in Germany over New Year's. THANK GOD I have had a 14 attorney imigration law firm in on this from the beginning. We've seen each other 5 times for a total of 9 1/2 weeks over the past year. I have telephone logs of daily calls for 14 months. The attorneys prepared a kit bigger than the Atlanta Yellow Pages to bring to the interview. If they do not approve us, it will be a fight for sure.

BTW - I proposed to Natalia on New Years eve in Munich at the fanciest New Year's party in Munich - under theater floods! We danced to applause to "Stand By Me". Photo attached.

That's good stuff... congrats Allen!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

You're a pretty smooth dude, Allen!

Good luck with the rest of the process, keep us posted, and hope you guys have a very happy Valentine's day.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Good luck with the rest of the process, keep us posted, and hope you guys have a very happy Valentine's day.

Thanks! I try ;) .

BTW - Cool reply you made to the international super-star guy on the other forum topic. Laughed my A off! :lol: Would like to get your comments on another post I made. You seem like you have a pretty good perspective on things - Linky linky

Thanks!

Edited by AllenK

Timeline

Thanks! I try ;) .

BTW - Cool reply you made to the international super-star guy on the other forum topic. Laughed my A off! :lol: Would like to get your comments on another post I made. You seem like you have a pretty good perspective on things - Linky linky

Thanks!

Couldn't make the link work; can't re-edit the post - here it is: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=688187

I think you nailed it in that post... sometimes you need a "practice run" at something before you really know how to make it right for you. I agree with you, too many people here (especially) in the U.S. measure success and happiness as one, denying how they really feel inside. As long as you learn from what happened to you in the past and are true to yourself about what you really feel, you should be happy in your new relationships.

It's very important to communicate that with your partner, and a lot of the people I talk to are amazed that I can get along well with a girl that speaks another language, and how the process works. They ask, "How do you guys understand what you really are thinking, want, etc.?" My answer is simple, "You and your girl both speak English, and you still have problems and issues... why would that be any different with a foreign girl? The difference is not because the language barrier helps or hurts, it's that we take the time to discuss what it is that's causing a problem. When you speak to a foreigner, you have to take the EXTRA time to carefully translate what you and she both say, thus narrowing in on the problem and actually communicating it clearly to each other. Imagine if you took the time, IN ENGLISH, to slow down and really concentrate on why you or your girl are having a problem. If you slow down and concentrate to identify the problem, then you can take the time to work through it. In a foreign language, it's almost a luxury because you HAVE to concentrate, slow down, and PATIENTLY explore the causes and solutions of issues in the relationship. Imagine if you did that in English. Probably wouldn't have so many problems, would you?"

I don't claim (AND WILL NEVER CLAIM) to be an expert on women, but what I do know, and this goes for all the women I've known, whether they've been from America, Europe, Asia, even Africa.... they all want to feel two things; NECESSARY and SPECIAL. If you can make your girl feel that way, she should have no problems making you feel that way right back. If you're concentrating on listening to her (and we're forced to do that with foreign women, just to understand what they're saying) then she should be able to get her point across to you better, and you should be able to correct your behavior. (And vice-versa.)

To Allen, and everyone else out there... sometimes no matter what you do, you just can't get what you want out of a relationship. In that case, find a gorgeous Russian girl that will give you what you want! She'll be more than willing to return your best efforts at happiness!

[And in the side issue of finding things for your girl to do here; that's excellent that you've found her a line-of-work to get into and a church to go to already. Those are very important. Elena is having a tough time lately because she hasn't really found anything to do and can't work. Like you said though, it is important to get out and really jump right in. Encourage your girl to do that as much as possible. Try to find some things before she gets here too, that should help out a whole bunch. Good luck!!!]

Русский форум член.

Timeline
I think you nailed it in that post... sometimes you need a "practice run" at something before you really know how to make it right for you. I agree with you, too many people here (especially) in the U.S. measure success and happiness as one, denying how they really feel inside. As long as you learn from what happened to you in the past and are true to yourself about what you really feel, you should be happy in your new relationships.

It's very important to communicate that with your partner, and a lot of the people I talk to are amazed that I can get along well with a girl that speaks another language, and how the process works. They ask, "How do you guys understand what you really are thinking, want, etc.?" My answer is simple, "You and your girl both speak English, and you still have problems and issues... why would that be any different with a foreign girl? The difference is not because the language barrier helps or hurts, it's that we take the time to discuss what it is that's causing a problem. When you speak to a foreigner, you have to take the EXTRA time to carefully translate what you and she both say, thus narrowing in on the problem and actually communicating it clearly to each other. Imagine if you took the time, IN ENGLISH, to slow down and really concentrate on why you or your girl are having a problem. If you slow down and concentrate to identify the problem, then you can take the time to work through it. In a foreign language, it's almost a luxury because you HAVE to concentrate, slow down, and PATIENTLY explore the causes and solutions of issues in the relationship. Imagine if you did that in English. Probably wouldn't have so many problems, would you?"

I don't claim (AND WILL NEVER CLAIM) to be an expert on women, but what I do know, and this goes for all the women I've known, whether they've been from America, Europe, Asia, even Africa.... they all want to feel two things; NECESSARY and SPECIAL. If you can make your girl feel that way, she should have no problems making you feel that way right back. If you're concentrating on listening to her (and we're forced to do that with foreign women, just to understand what they're saying) then she should be able to get her point across to you better, and you should be able to correct your behavior. (And vice-versa.)

To Allen, and everyone else out there... sometimes no matter what you do, you just can't get what you want out of a relationship. In that case, find a gorgeous Russian girl that will give you what you want! She'll be more than willing to return your best efforts at happiness!

[And in the side issue of finding things for your girl to do here; that's excellent that you've found her a line-of-work to get into and a church to go to already. Those are very important. Elena is having a tough time lately because she hasn't really found anything to do and can't work. Like you said though, it is important to get out and really jump right in. Encourage your girl to do that as much as possible. Try to find some things before she gets here too, that should help out a whole bunch. Good luck!!!]

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. You proved up my suspicions of your good insight. I learned new things today to add to my "make things work and have an excellent life". "Necessary and special" can be easy to forget to express after time, even when it's still true. Communication can be tough with Natalia since she has a quick temper, and is easily inclined toward "keeping stones in her pocket" (Russian saying for keeping little grudges). These "stones" can easily come between us and our enjoyment of each other. This could be a tough one since it is on her to forgive petty issues as I do. Not answering SMS'es when I am busy at work gets me into pretty big trouble.

As for you're issues with Elena and her adjustment - some kind of school is always good. I plan to put Natalia into cosmetology school as soon as she gets here since she can use the 3-month EAD application down time to prepare for the hair stylist job - which are frightfully easy to get, and can be gotten in any city; anywhere. The job is hard work, but it is very social, thin on office politics, doesn't require strong written English, let's her practice her verbal English, and can actually make decent money ($30K to $70K, depending on experience and clientèle buildup). Just giving you food for thought on how you might help Elena try to find similar attributes in any of her work aspirations. Good luck on this too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.