Sheri&Rich

US Fiancee Made Redundant Today :0(

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My American fiancee was made redundant today. I am currently have a NOA1 dated 1/30/14 and waiting for NOA2. Is this going to be a problem assuming she gets another job? Plus, whats the worst case scenario.

Need some reassurance from VJ :goofy:

Best

Rich

That sucks! If she gets another job, it is not a problem. If she cannot find a new job, then she will need a co-sponsor. London also allows self-sponsorship. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

That sucks! If she gets another job, it is not a problem. If she cannot find a new job, then she will need a co-sponsor. London also allows self-sponsorship. Good luck.

Could you explain self sponsorship to me.

Thanks

Could you explain self sponsorship to me.

Thanks

No, not really. It is a thing London does and I don't know the ins and outs. You could ask in the UK regional subforum.

You will need a co-sponsor for AOS if she doesn't get a job, so I would work on that anyway, because you'll need one for later.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

No, not really. It is a thing London does and I don't know the ins and outs. You could ask in the UK regional subforum.

You will need a co-sponsor for AOS if she doesn't get a job, so I would work on that anyway, because you'll need one for later.

Thanks for the info.

Being positive, What will be needed from her new employer once the NOA2 is approved?

She will need to fill out her I-134 and show proof of current employment, either a letter or paystubs.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

My American fiancee was made redundant today. I am currently have a NOA1 dated 1/30/14 and waiting for NOA2. Is this going to be a problem assuming she gets another job? Plus, whats the worst case scenario.

Need some reassurance from VJ :goofy:

Best

Rich

Its not going to ruin everything. My fiance was made redundant while we were waiting for NOA2. He got a new job about a month later and we used a letter from his new employer verifying that he was employed by them and his salary and the last 3 payslips at his new job to support the i-134 that i took to the interview.

Worst case scenario is that she is still unemployed when it comes to submitting the i-134 in which case she may need to get a co-sponsor or you could look at self-sponsoring as mentioned as London is one of the Embassies that does allow this. For the latter you need to show that you have means - a bank account with a savings*, I know one person around the same time as me just showed proof that he'd sold his house and was due to get x amount from the proceeds of the sale.

*How much in savings? Search VJ or ask again in the UK forum, I can't remember the amounts others have said but it wasn't enormous iir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.