heishe

This is the waiting for packet 4 thread.

274 posts in this topic

I just called Dept of State. They say London hasn't received Pigu's P3 yet. Royal Mail says it arrived on the 3rd, but I suppose what State really means is it's still sitting in a pile somewhere at the embassy. I'll try back in a few days, I guess. I'm impatient! But it just two weeks tomorrow.

Trust me I was SOO impatient!! But I didn't call. I was going to and then we got the Packet 4 the next day! Ours took about a month to come through. But I was starting to panic.

It is coming!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I emailed the embassy a week after sending my Checklist (2nd jan ) and they wrote me back confirming that they had received my forms but not the checklist as yet..

I called the 'help'line yesterday to be told to resend the forms as theres nothing on the system that they were received?????

hows that for confusing, think Ill stick with the embassys response...

Im sooooo impatient, Im not planning on moving until end of May as we need the pounds that I earn, but still I feel I cant start really clearing my flat out until that elusive envelope appears.,

Good luck to everyone, its nice to know that Im not the only one going crazy here!

xchloe

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am taking off Feb 10 to head over to England for 2 weeks (for Valentine's) I can't wait!! 25 days and counting. Hopefully we will get our packet 4 by then. Would really love to be able to attend the Embassy Interview. Just wish they would send us our date already!

Curious...did you guys put specific Wedding dates down for your packet 3?

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

I am taking off Feb 10 to head over to England for 2 weeks (for Valentine's) I can't wait!! 25 days and counting. Hopefully we will get our packet 4 by then. Would really love to be able to attend the Embassy Interview. Just wish they would send us our date already!

Curious...did you guys put specific Wedding dates down for your packet 3?

We just put that we intend to marry ASAP or as soon as we get the visa..something along those lines. But we have a wedding date of June 23rd.

I should be close to getting my little heart under my name up there!! Humm

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I have a quick question about this whole cover letter thing. Do you think it would help in my case where we are afraid we will have the interview too soon? We are not wanting to get married until next December, and my fiance doesn't want to come here until after October 13th (His sister is getting married). We can't really have an interview until the end of April or beginning of May if he wants to stay that long. We just got packet 3 the other day and are stressing about trying to hold it too long. We still have to apply for the police certificate and everything, so I know it's possible to hold it a bit, but not for 3 1/2 months. :whistle:

And by the way, how can you guys afford to go shopping there? So expensive with exchange rates! I was just in England for a month and brought back like nothing, aside from loads of chocolate. Mmm.

Edited by midicat

K-1 Timeline

October 5, 2006 - I-129F sent to NSC express mail

October 16, 2006 - NOA1 in mail from CSC

December 19, 2006 - NOA2 notice date

October 1, 2007 - Interview (Approved pending Police Report)

November 22, 2007- Visa in Hand

December 5, 2007 - US Entry

February 25, 2008 - Marriage

AOS & EAD timeline

April 14, 2008 - Sent AOS & EAD

April 25, 2008 - NOA's AOS & EAD (April 21, 2008 notice date)

May 13, 2008 - Biometrics appointment @ 9:00am DONE

May 19, 2008 - AOS Being transfered to CSC

July 2, 2008 - EAD card ordered

July 8, 2008 - EAD card ordered email again?

July 12, 2008 - EAD in hand

November 17, 2008 - RFE

January 2, 2009 - 2nd Medical exam

January 13, 2009 - Mailed RFE to CSC overnight

January 14, 2009 - RFE signed for

January 26, 2009 - Welcome letter sent

January 30, 2009 - Approved email!!

Feb 3, 2009 - Greencard in hand.

ROC Timeline

January 14, 2011 - Mailed ROC overnight to CSC

January 18, 2011 - Signed for by V. Semegi

January 20, 2011 - Check Cashed

January 24, 2011 - Received NOA1 (Dated 1/18/11)

February 28, 2011 - Biometrics @ 8am

April 19, 2011 - RFE

May 24, 2011 - Mailed back RFE

May 25, 2011 - RFE Signed for by V. Semegi

June 1, 2011 - Approved card received (Dated 5/30/11)

I have a quick question about this whole cover letter thing. Do you think it would help in my case where we are afraid we will have the interview too soon? We are not wanting to get married until next December, and my fiance doesn't want to come here until after October 13th (His sister is getting married). We can't really have an interview until the end of April or beginning of May if he wants to stay that long. We just got packet 3 the other day and are stressing about trying to hold it too long. We still have to apply for the police certificate and everything, so I know it's possible to hold it a bit, but not for 3 1/2 months. :whistle:

And by the way, how can you guys afford to go shopping there? So expensive with exchange rates! I was just in England for a month and brought back like nothing, aside from loads of chocolate. Mmm.

I can't answer from experience. So I think I will just let someone else see if they can help..I would hate to answer incorrectly. But the police certifcate normally takes about a month to arrive at your door. That would seem to buy you some time! Also don't forget that you have 6 months to enter in to the United States. I am sure you know that. :)

How I see it. If you applied for your police stuff Monday..think of it arriving around Feb. 17th. If you then send out your packet...you have about a month or waiting there...so consider March. 17th or more. Then you have about a month until your interview...so April/May...

BUT again I am not sure how long you can hold on to packet 3. So I guess I am not really a help! :( I CAN BE POSITIVE FOR YOU THOUGH *grin*

Umm about affording things due to exchange rate....I just decide how much money i can take over and I never over spend. Recently Chris and I decided that instead of me buying money to take with me he would just supply me the cash and what ever I spend in England I would put the equivelent back into our savings. Works out for me...not so much for him *grin*. Anyway This time I am not going to buy a lot. Although I want a duvet!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I can't answer from experience. So I think I will just let someone else see if they can help..I would hate to answer incorrectly. But the police certifcate normally takes about a month to arrive at your door. That would seem to buy you some time! Also don't forget that you have 6 months to enter in to the United States. I am sure you know that. :)

How I see it. If you applied for your police stuff Monday..think of it arriving around Feb. 17th. If you then send out your packet...you have about a month or waiting there...so consider March. 17th or more. Then you have about a month until your interview...so April/May...

BUT again I am not sure how long you can hold on to packet 3. So I guess I am not really a help! :( I CAN BE POSITIVE FOR YOU THOUGH *grin*

Umm about affording things due to exchange rate....I just decide how much money i can take over and I never over spend. Recently Chris and I decided that instead of me buying money to take with me he would just supply me the cash and what ever I spend in England I would put the equivelent back into our savings. Works out for me...not so much for him *grin*. Anyway This time I am not going to buy a lot. Although I want a duvet!

I suspect you can hold P3 for a pretty long time. It might be good to email londonconsular and ask. (Put your LND case number in the subject line.) Just say you won't be ready to send in Packet 3 until April and you want to make sure that's okay. Your NOA2 will expire in the meantime, so the USC should contact the embassy about having that extended. That's pretty routine, though.

And I have a confession - I called the State Dept again today. It was my lunch hour, and I was bored. Our file still isn't updated with P3. It's interesting that State Dept employees use the term Packet 3 - I thought maybe that was just a VisaJourney thing.

signature here

I suspect you can hold P3 for a pretty long time. It might be good to email londonconsular and ask. (Put your LND case number in the subject line.) Just say you won't be ready to send in Packet 3 until April and you want to make sure that's okay. Your NOA2 will expire in the meantime, so the USC should contact the embassy about having that extended. That's pretty routine, though.

And I have a confession - I called the State Dept again today. It was my lunch hour, and I was bored. Our file still isn't updated with P3. It's interesting that State Dept employees use the term Packet 3 - I thought maybe that was just a VisaJourney thing.

How was the medical?? Wasn't it yesterday?? Am I thinking correctly?

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Medical went great, thank you. He said I was wise to get a letter from my doctor regarding the specifics of my history of depression. I also got the necessary immunizations on the NHS, before I went to the medical. There were no problems.

Oh, also you don't seem to need influenza vaccine unless you're over 50.

Edited by Pigu
bullsam_10.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yup! Although I only posted it all off today, so hardly qualify as 'waiting' yet - I'll give it, ooh, at least until next week* before I start gnashing my teeth over the failure of my Packet 4 to materialise by return post!

Have you had your medical yet? I booked mine this morning, for next Friday (Feb 23rd), and then went to get vaccinated to within an inch of my life by the practice nurse at my GP's surgery. She got a bit carried away and decided she realllly wanted to give me Hep A/Typhoid as well as the MMR & TD that I actually needed, on the grounds that 'you'd need your booster in 3 years anyway, I might as well give you it now!' Um, thanks. I think. Now I have two sore arms and a sore leg. :unsure:

I submitted my final packet 3 checklist on the 7th Feb.. Is anyone else now waiting for Packet 4 from London??

I need some company while i wait.. :whistle:

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Feather B - I have my last set of vaccinations on wednesday and then the dreaded medical booked for Friday..

Am gnashing teeth already about the failure of Packet 4 to arrive on my door step. I have buyers for my house that will only wait until the 13 march for me to exchange or they'll pull out - so I'm panicing about everything right now.. I don't think I'll get the visa interview within that time, and don't want to exchange without first getting the visa...... Oh the stress :(

I tried calling the Visa dept to get an expedited appointment - but there is nothing they can do.. We're all in the same boat as far as they're concerned..

Timeline

Ill join you and feather we sent off our packet 3 yesterday so now the wait for us begins too! Me being the worrier that I am was reading about the cover letter and date and asked my fiancee today so what did you put in for the wedding date and arrival date? He says he left them blank cause nothing has been set in stone yet -.-. Hope this doesnt mean the embassy is like meh we cant wait as long as we want to give them their interview! Fingers crossed for all us, I thought I was bad obcessing over the NOA2 but already my nerve level is going past that knowing we are at the final step lol. Everyone that just sent off keep us posted!

Scott and Misty Offcial Webpage!

How does it happen, Great love?... Noone knows.. But I what I do know is it happens in a blink of an eye. One minutes your happily living your life and the next your wondering how you ever lived without them.

*I-129f sent* 10-31-2006

*I-129f recieved at VSC* 11-02-2006

*NOA1* 11-03-2006

*Check Cashed/Touched* 11-09-2006

*Touched* 11-15-2006

*Touched* 11-16-2006

*RFE email notice* 12-05-2006

*RFE snail mail* 12-11-2006

*RFE mailed back overnight* 12-12-2006

*RFE recieved VSC* 12-13-2006

*Touched* 12-14-2006

*Touched* 12-15-2006

*Touched* 12-18-2006

*Touched* 12-19-2006

*NOA2 email* 01-25-2007

*Touched* 01-26-2007

*Case Recieved at NVC* 01-29-2007

*Case Sent to London Embassy* 01-30-2007

*Fiance Recieves Packet 3* 02-10-2007

*Fiance Mails Back Packet 3* 02-12-2007

*Medical* 02-21-2007

*Mailed Packet 3 (2nd Time)* 03-09-07

*Delivery Confirmation Embassy Recieved it* 03-12-07

*Recieved Packet 4* 03-19-2007

*Interview Date* 04-20-2007 *APPROVED*

Soon to Come

*arrival in the US* 05-03-2007

*Official Marriage* 05-12-2007

*Big Wedding for Family/Friends* 7-14-2007

Timeline

I put in the wedding date box - ASAP

I know it won't really make much difference, but it was worth a try.. We don't have a date for the wedding set - we're waiting on the visa before we make concrete plans, so its gonna be a hectic one to plan !!

Timeline
Feather B - I have my last set of vaccinations on wednesday and then the dreaded medical booked for Friday..

Am gnashing teeth already about the failure of Packet 4 to arrive on my door step. I have buyers for my house that will only wait until the 13 march for me to exchange or they'll pull out - so I'm panicing about everything right now.. I don't think I'll get the visa interview within that time, and don't want to exchange without first getting the visa...... Oh the stress :(

I tried calling the Visa dept to get an expedited appointment - but there is nothing they can do.. We're all in the same boat as far as they're concerned..

Hey, let us know how that medical turns out, okay? My fiance has his medical on Friday the 23rd. I don't know if he's nervous, but I sure am for him! You know the what if he's got a serious illness that they won't let him over for? Paranoia, that's all it is.. lol He checked online, and the Embassy received his packet on the 12th, so we're in the P4 waiting line as well. Good luck with the selling of the house. I'm sure it's quite stressful, but at least within a few months you'll be with you honey!

April 21 Dave arrives in America!

April 28 WE GET MARRIED!!!

May 9 Went to SS office and was denied

May 15 After gathering all paperwork, told we must file through DORA program

July 19 DORA appointment - they send paperwork to Chicago after this.

July 24 Paperwork is received by Chicago

August 9 Notice for Biometrics appointment

August 28 NOAs for AOS/EAD

Sept 6 Biometrics

Sept 26 Email saying card production ordered for EAD.. YES!!!

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Dec 31 Finally got the Resident card! Yay!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.