Jeepinjimmy

Wanting to make my fiancée to pay more at medical exam

15 posts in this topic

Applicants are only asked to pay once during medical. The medical fee which includes all the tests & required vaccinations is fixed and this value is published on the SLEC & USEM websites.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

SO wat if you had to come back to finish because of the sputum test and it was a few months in between? SHe already paid the fee before for her and her son, they couldn't finish becauuse of her xray. They are finishing now and have not had to do the enitre test again. Will she have to pay the fees again?

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It might be the TDAP vaccine. When I did my medical exam last month TDAP vaccine is not available. So we we're advise to call the clinic to know when it will become available. If vaccine is readily available For men, no fee will be collected for getting the vaccine but for women, whose aged is not greater than 45, there will be fee around PHP 500. I believe it is for the pregnancy test before TDAP vaccine can be administered.

But if the clinic is asking more than the said fee then I might suggest to call St. Luke's to recon firm such information.

Timeline

First of all the OP is our friend, but I was questioning his fiance because she was doing her medical examination at st. lukes last monday and she said that the doctor asked her to see the psychiatrist becasue they saw that she has scaring on her arm. I don't remember when I took my medical examinations that the doctor went through every inch of my body,correct me if im wrong. we met this girl before but i didnt notice that she has a scar on her arm, she said she tried to commit sucide before thats why the doctor ask her to see the psychiatrist, in short she asked for more money from OP to able to do this. its just hard to believe that the doctor saw that or tells to the doctor that she is trying to commit suicide before. and now she is asking him for more money because she need another vaccanation i already told that to our friend that i dont remember paying something else after i paid for the first time. im not trying to make her look bad. I just wanted someone elses input. i feel that she is not being honest to his fiance:(

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is an additional fee for the psychiatrist, I believe it is 1,000 pesos. But there is no additional fee for vaccinations.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

here is what they are telling her quote "I did not pay but they said i will wait for two months to know the result but with the two months our medical is already expired...so they said thats the time we need to redu again our medical and pay agin full payment...Tomorrow i will know the result of sputum and wait for two months for the culture..so they say after that i can do my medical if my petition is good for one year..and need to inform the embassy so that they will send letter to st. Lukes to allow me to redu my medical" ..... any help?

26 Apr 2012---Engaged

Timeline

here is what they are telling her quote "I did not pay but they said i will wait for two months to know the result but with the two months our medical is already expired...so they said thats the time we need to redu again our medical and pay agin full payment...Tomorrow i will know the result of sputum and wait for two months for the culture..so they say after that i can do my medical if my petition is good for one year..and need to inform the embassy so that they will send letter to st. Lukes to allow me to redu my medical" ..... any help?

Someone is giving bad information, they are confusing the sputum with the DOT. With the sputum it is a two month wait for the culture test and the medical is still good if no issues. If culture is positive the DOT is required. With the DOT a new medical is required at the completion in 6 months, and so a 2nd medical fee has to be paid.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Someone is giving bad information, they are confusing the sputum with the DOT. With the sputum it is a two month wait for the culture test and the medical is still good if no issues. If culture is positive the DOT is required. With the DOT a new medical is required at the completion in 6 months, and so a 2nd medical fee has to be paid.

They told her that because of the time between the start of the process and the sputum test, it has been too long and she would have to pay and do entire medical again, it was late Novemeber when she started and she just got back this week. Could that be the reason?

26 Apr 2012---Engaged

Timeline

They told her that because of the time between the start of the process and the sputum test, it has been too long and she would have to pay and do entire medical again, it was late Novemeber when she started and she just got back this week. Could that be the reason?

That is too long for sure, 4 months are already burned, I thought she was just starting the medical process and had to do the sputum.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Note that the visa validity is tied up with the medical date, that is +6 months after medical. So, unless her interview is within the month (even with that, it's a little tight), most likely she will be asked to re-do the full medical. In doing so, yes, she will have to pay the full medical fee again.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.