louiejane2903

DS-230 received

11 posts in this topic

hey everyone! :D I am just happy to share my good news of receiving the DS-230(Instructional packet)after 19 days of waiting...i'll send this back to NVC on MONDAY thru special courier.

Does anyone knows how long will take before the case is completed?I'm so excited for my medical and so as the interview but also tensed.

PS. I was looking to all the timelines of VJers for my reference but only few has the same case like mine.

~*toodles*~

<3 o(^:^)o

hi louiejane2903.im happy for you. im waiting for my DS-230. I called the NVC and they said that they already sent the said Phacket . in my calculation i should be getting it by now but i guess there is delay in the delivery of mails because of the holidays. I also have the same question as yours. As what ive observed in other's cases , after the submission of the DS-230 it usually takes like a month or two for them to review and check everything , before they will forward the case to the US embassy in the country you are in. as in our case ( as we live in the philippines), it will be in the US embassy in manila. when the case is already in manila they will send an appointment letter as to when is the medical and interview gonna be. Some got appointment letter within 2 months some even up to 4 months or even longer than that ...and that i wonder how they will assess each case ....

Good luck to you... :thumbs: hope ill get mine sooonn.... :cry:

hi louiejane2903.im happy for you. im waiting for my DS-230. I called the NVC and they said that they already sent the said Phacket . in my calculation i should be getting it by now but i guess there is delay in the delivery of mails because of the holidays. I also have the same question as yours. As what ive observed in other's cases , after the submission of the DS-230 it usually takes like a month or two for them to review and check everything , before they will forward the case to the US embassy in the country you are in. as in our case ( as we live in the philippines), it will be in the US embassy in manila. when the case is already in manila they will send an appointment letter as to when is the medical and interview gonna be. Some got appointment letter within 2 months some even up to 4 months or even longer than that ...and that i wonder how they will assess each case ....

hello filipinawife! we are in the same boat. Im waiting for my ds 230 also probably i will received that around second or third week of January hopefully..But we are doing the k3 too...which ever i get my appointment for medical and interview first then im good to go..By the way I am from Pasig Manila..Do you know how long it will take to have an appointment for med and interview? Any idea? Where are you in Philippines? Good Luck !!

Boo Wilson

Hello there! in my case it took 19 days for us before we get the actual packet ...when we called NVC they said they'd sent it DEC. 22 but we received it JAN. 5 and it's stamped JAN. 3 ..meaning the packet passed through a certain process before it reaches the post office. Since my agent is just next to NH so that's a lot of delay.But it's ok at least we got it. don't worry it will arrive soon. Let's just pray that we can have our medical and interview as early as possible.

Goodluck to you too. :thumbs:

~*toodles*~

(^:^)

hi BOO. oh im glad to know you are from Pasig. By february we might go there in pasig. Im from cebu. I really hope that i ll get the phacket soon. I have everything prepared,except for my police clearance. I asked louiejane 2903 if she sent NBI only or police clearance and NBI and she said she will send both. What about you? did you already file for your NBI? will you also send both? My problem is: i worked overseas for two years and i know they will ask for my police clearance during those time. I have one, but i got it on 2004. I dont know if they will honor that. If not then ill just get a new one when i go there in manila.

as for the appointment for interview and medical..some get lucky..in less than 2 months they got a letter from the embassy. and some are bound to wait much longer ...i already prepare myself for the worse: (maybe up to six months.. :cry: ) its really case to case basis...

during my sister's time(2001) : it took them only 6 months from the submission of the I-130 to the release of the spouse visa. Back then the flow of the processing isnt this slow and complicated. :ranting:

im praying that everything will really go smoothly with our visa processing guys! Goodluck!

hi BOO. oh im glad to know you are from Pasig. By february we might go there in pasig. Im from cebu. I really hope that i ll get the phacket soon. I have everything prepared,except for my police clearance. I asked louiejane 2903 if she sent NBI only or police clearance and NBI and she said she will send both. What about you? did you already file for your NBI? will you also send both? My problem is: i worked overseas for two years and i know they will ask for my police clearance during those time. I have one, but i got it on 2004. I dont know if they will honor that. If not then ill just get a new one when i go there in manila.

as for the appointment for interview and medical..some get lucky..in less than 2 months they got a letter from the embassy. and some are bound to wait much longer ...i already prepare myself for the worse: (maybe up to six months.. :cry: ) its really case to case basis...

during my sister's time(2001) : it took them only 6 months from the submission of the I-130 to the release of the spouse visa. Back then the flow of the processing isnt this slow and complicated. :ranting:

im praying that everything will really go smoothly with our visa processing guys! Goodluck!

hi filipinawife! :) for your police clearance..i think just get your police clearance coz based on the intructional packet

"if the applicant is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months"

or

"lived in a different part of the country of nationality for more than 6 months should get the clearance from the police authorities in that locality"

or

"lived in different country for more than 12 months should get the police clearance in that locality"

In your case, if you're in CEBU for the last 6 months maybe its right to get the clearance in your locality.

Well, regarding the slow processing its because of the 9/11 incidents..everything changes after that...we just have to admit the aftermath and face the worst effect...anywho..hardwork and patience always pay off. :thumbs:

PS. validity of Police clearance is just 6 months here in the PHILS in any locality.:huh:

Goodluck to us :innocent: !

~*toodles*s~

o(^:^)o

hi filipinawife so nice to hear that you will be visiting Pasig i hope you will have good time. Yes all documents are ready for submission.. I have my BC(nso), my MC (nso) annulment(nso), Police clearance, NBI and my colored zerox of my passport biographic page all now is lucking is the DS 230 from NVC and as soon as i get that they are ready to send in back to them. I suggest that in my own opinion,, you should get a new police clearance the country you worked before just to be sure just in case they might need it. I wish and pray everything will turn out posstive for all of us.Good luck and i hope you keep me posted too.

Boo Wilson

Hello LouieJane:

Just so you know, My DS-230 was sent and from mailing took 16 days to arrive, so yours should be soon.

In them receiving my instruction Packet (DS-230) They e-mailed me with a reply thru NVCInquiry.

In the Inquiry reply, it say that the packet will be reviewed and a decision made in 2 to 4 weeks.

Today is day 18, and I still don't believe everything they say. So i am giving them atleast till the end of January so as not to be too upset if the date is not sooner.

According to the time lines for those who have chose to update, which I wish more would so we could actually have an idea of actual dates closer to reality.

But for those who choose not to, only result in helping no one.

But as they are as of this month, the average wait for interview in the Phil's is around 110 days from arrival at embassy.

Hope this helps give you an idea and as up to date as we can hope for at the moment.

Good Luck....to all of us.

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

if everything is in order with your DS230, NVC should approve it between 2-4 weeks from date it was received by them

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

Hello LouieJane:

Just so you know, My DS-230 was sent and from mailing took 16 days to arrive, so yours should be soon.

In them receiving my instruction Packet (DS-230) They e-mailed me with a reply thru NVCInquiry.

In the Inquiry reply, it say that the packet will be reviewed and a decision made in 2 to 4 weeks.

Today is day 18, and I still don't believe everything they say. So i am giving them atleast till the end of January so as not to be too upset if the date is not sooner.

According to the time lines for those who have chose to update, which I wish more would so we could actually have an idea of actual dates closer to reality.

But for those who choose not to, only result in helping no one.

But as they are as of this month, the average wait for interview in the Phil's is around 110 days from arrival at embassy.

Hope this helps give you an idea and as up to date as we can hope for at the moment.

Good Luck....to all of us.

Hi randynrose! i have received my DS-230 after 19 days it's generated. and i am sending it back on friday and yes i am aware now of 2-4 weeks before its completed.As for me, i just keep my fate that..everything will end accordingly even it's kinda slow when the times comes it arrives in USE manila.

And the processing i believe is for case to case basis depends on the visa category. In my case, i fall to IR1 visa once it's case completed ..it's a priority and would fall to a fast lane processing..i just hope it's all true.

thanks for the informations and as well as the ideas...just keep me posted.

goodluck to all of us...

~*toodles*~

(^:^)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.