xeon

Paris medical review

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi vjers,

I would like to share my experiences in getting through the medical today in Paris. To resume everything in one phrase, the procedure is quite simple but devote most of your day for it.

For my medical I picked Dr Francis SLATTERY. The whole procedure started by booking the day. I advise you to call them as soon as you get your I/L. They are not very flexible with dates. They propose just few choices and you must pick on of the dates.

My appointment was at 11h40, local time. I arrived in time and handed in my passport, one photo (french ID version) and "carnet de vaccination". The secretary gave me three forms to fill while I waited the first meeting. Make sure you fill all the three forms

- medical history (basically a check list)

- form for blood analysis lab (they check only for syphilis, nothing else)

- form for mammography lab (they check lungs for tuberculosis I guess)

The first meeting came quite quickly. The Dr reviewed the checklist and asked few quick questions about it, nothing to worry about. Then he proceeded to checks:

- eyes (if you wear contact lenses, let him know)

- blood pressure

- weight

- closer inspection of ears and eyes

The important part is vaccination card. Do you best to get most if not all vaccines before with your family doctor, else you will see your case delayed! I had missing second shot for one vaccine and he made me to go and find in a local pharmacy.

He did not ask the medical history document "carnet de sante". I worried about it since I was not born in France.

The first and easy step is to go then (just over the street) and get the blood analysis done (you will pay for it on place). Quick and seamless. The second step is to get the mammography scans. This lab is much further away, like 10 minutes of walking. Once at the good number, make sure you do not enter the residential building since it holds the number of the address! It may be tricky to get out xD. There waiting time may be longer. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful, although I doubt if they can speak more than few basic words in english...

Once back from the two labs, I waited at least an hour to get to the second meeting. That classic music started to bug me at the end of it all. Finally I got in, got the missing vaccine shot, the secretary handed over the sealed envelope and opened envelope with mammogram and vaccination card in english. She told me that you might need these documents on the US border. You can pay by check or in cash, which is precisely 180 euros.

Now getting ready to the interview, the most decisive part of the visa journey, which will be the next week!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks for your review. You should post it in the French-American couples topic. :-)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

XEON, can you please confirm that the following vaccinations were the only ones necessary:

1) Diphteria (diphterie)
2) Tetanus (tetanos)
3) Polio
4) Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR vaccine) two shots required (rougeole, oreillons, rubeole)
5) Varicella (Chicken Pox) unless you have actually had the illness (varicelle)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline

XEON, can you please confirm that the following vaccinations were the only ones necessary:

1) Diphteria (diphterie)
2) Tetanus (tetanos)
3) Polio

4) Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR vaccine) two shots required (rougeole, oreillons, rubeole)

5) Varicella (Chicken Pox) unless you have actually had the illness (varicelle)

Yes, these are the ones I got from my family doctor. It took me few months to get them one by one. If you lived in France since childhood, chances are that you have most if not all of them. Make sure that you have your "Carnet des vaccinations" with this information inside.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.