3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The heading it self says "EB" still let us see

In any ways if its happens in FB also, v will be more then happy

Let us hope for the best

That's not what he said at all. The change would also be applicable to FB categories, but even with the change, the yearly quotas would still be exceeded, thus the need for cut-off dates would still remain. The PDs would move forward significantly though.

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

The heading it self says "EB" still let us see

In any ways if its happens in FB also, v will be more then happy

Let us hope for the best

"

First: The U.S. now issues 140,000 employment-based permanent visas or green cards each year, half of which go to dependents. The Senate bill exempts dependents from the cap, effectively doubling the number of green cards available to principals.

The idea of only counting principals and not dependents, including children, against the cap extends to family permanent residency as well. That provides an opportunity to create brokad-based support for principals-only reform.

A draft letter from several groups to the president calls for the elimination, or at least a reduction, in the "egregious backlogs for legal immigration by counting only principals against the limits set by the Immigration Act of 1990."

"

Don't you guys think this is a good thing?

Timeline

"

First: The U.S. now issues 140,000 employment-based permanent visas or green cards each year, half of which go to dependents. The Senate bill exempts dependents from the cap, effectively doubling the number of green cards available to principals.

The idea of only counting principals and not dependents, including children, against the cap extends to family permanent residency as well. That provides an opportunity to create brokad-based support for principals-only reform.

A draft letter from several groups to the president calls for the elimination, or at least a reduction, in the "egregious backlogs for legal immigration by counting only principals against the limits set by the Immigration Act of 1990."

"

Don't you guys think this is a good thing?

If this really happens then it will be best thing ever for US ...better then immigration reform...

I can see Atleast 3 months movement then...

Timeline

If this really happens then it will be best thing ever for US ...better then immigration reform...

I can see Atleast 3 months movement then...

Dear Friend appreciate your Positive thoughts but can you Pls, share the actual facts supporting this ,

Timeline

Dear Friend appreciate your Positive thoughts but can you Pls, share the actual facts supporting this ,

No data as such but if you see the Number of Visa processed ...on an Avrage one family has minimum 3 visas including dependents....

Out of which 2 will be dependent and 1 will be Principal Appicant.

IF going forward if only 1 will be counted then 1 month movement will increase 3 months minimum....

Timeline

No data as such but if you see the Number of Visa processed ...on an Avrage one family has minimum 3 visas including dependents....

Out of which 2 will be dependent and 1 will be Principal Appicant.

IF going forward if only 1 will be counted then 1 month movement will increase 3 months minimum....

What doe this apply to FB category??

Timeline

What doe this apply to FB category??

The Senate bill exempts dependents from the cap, effectively doubling the number of green cards available to principals.

The idea of only counting principals and not dependents, including children, against the cap extends to family permanent residency as well. That provides an opportunity to create brokad-based support for principals-only reform. (Read earlier post)

Filed: Timeline

Obama Weighs Broader Move on Legal Immigration

"The president has not made a decision regarding next steps, but he believes it's important to understand and consider the full range of perspectives on potential solutions," said White House spokesman Shawn Turner.

One of the more popular requests among business and family groups is a change in the way green cards are counted that would essentially free up some 800,000 additional visas the first year, advocates say.

The result would be threefold: It would lessen the visa bottleneck for business seeking global talent; shorten the green card line for those being sponsored by relatives, a wait that can stretch nearly 25 years; and potentially reduce the incentive for illegal immigration by creating more legal avenues for those wanting to come, as well as those already here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-weighs-broader-move-legal-immigration-25058996

Timeline

Friends need some clarity on these points:

1. Can a petitioner give one AOS FORM for TWO Principal Applicants ?

2. After D261 FOMR what will be the apx. time gap before we receive D260?

3 . Can a School Certificate act as Secondary Evidence along with 'Not found Certificate' from Municipal Corporation in case DOB was not registered in India ?

Edited by manna

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Guys

my prediction for the future Visa Bulletin after the new FY.

it will be 2 month movement PER a month ( 8 weeks / month)

i need your comment

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

come on obama .........yes you can

Does it will effect for F4 ???

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Filed: Timeline
GREEN CARD BACKLOG COULD SHORTEN WITH OBAMA’S EXECUTIVE ORDER

By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

Aug. 21, 2014

REWOOD CITY, Calif. – Could President Barack Obama’s executive orders on immigration actually shorten the backlog in family-based petitions that has affected so many of our kababayans?

That may be the case if the president listens to labor and family groups’ recommendations.

White House officials say Obama is considering major changes in America’s immigration system after meeting with various groups.

Obama’s executive orders could include sparing undocumented immigrants from deportation while also helping documented ones get their visas easier and faster.

Supporters say this could discourage illegal immigration because the government is providing more visa options for immigrants.

Among the requests from labor and family groups are:

• Free-up about 800,000 visas the first year
• Lessen limitations for businesses trying to hire foreign workers
• Shorten decades of backlog for green cards

Immigration lawyer Atty. Lou Tancinco told Balitang America that if such an executive order is issued by the president, the Filipino community would stand to gain from it.

“If this is going to happen there will be shorter waiting times for thousands of Filipinos who are waiting to be reunited with their families,” Tancinco said. “Right now the backlog ranges from 20 to 25, or 15 years, for those who are single adult children. If this is going to happen the waiting times may be cut maybe up to half of that, maybe just 10 years or seven years.”

She added: “For F2A petitions, if there has to be some changes, it might even become current.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.