What's ur priority date ?

And what's ur CSPA age ?

my pd 11 feb 02 and.my CSPA age 17.

What's ur priority date ?

And what's ur CSPA age ?

my pd 11 feb 02 and.my CSPA age 17.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am NOT sure but one of the two options may help you out.

1) Call NVC and tell them about your CSPA age. If they agree with your eligibility, they will allow you to fill DS260.

2) During the visa interview, you may not be allowed to accompany your parents but they can convince the officer that CSPA applies to you and if everything goes alright, you will fill the form afterwards and attend the visa interview separately.

Timeline

I didn't got Question , are you saying that your DS260 is open or are you saying that when it will open? Have your family members DS260 opened already?

my family member status is avillable.but only my status is not avillable.

Timeline

i am going to be 22 this november...and i have just completed my bachelors...and now waiting for my pd to get current... pd is 1 November 2002...

In the meanwhile can i do job here in india ??

Or else can i apply for student visa and go to usa for masters and then when my pd gets current, i ll attend my visa interview for immigration visa... ??

Is there any risk in both cases ??

Because someone told me that i cant do job till i receive immigration visa...because i must be considered as a child though i am above 21...

and i m not sure that if i go to usa on student visa, then will i be eligible for my immigration visa when pd gets current...

If someone can guide me through this..please clear my doubts... :/

i am going to be 22 this november...and i have just completed my bachelors...and now waiting for my pd to get current... pd is 1 November 2002...

Or else can i apply for student visa and go to usa for masters and then when my pd gets current, i ll attend my visa interview for immigration visa... ??

If you plan to settle in USA, you should go for USA on students visa and start building your career in that direction so by the time you get GC, you are halfway on getting US degree or already got a degree. Now depending on your field of study, if you wanna get good job, corresponding Degree in USA is required. (For some fields like comp science you can add fake experince on resume to get interview and if you you perform there are chances tht you would land a good job without going through MS) rule of thumb is get a degree in the country you want to work so that you have something to say at the time of applying/switching jobs now and in future.

Second part of this question is should you wait till you get green card and than start masters as you will get loan from govt from studying at lower interest rate after you get GC ? I would say this depends on you but speaking in terms of money avg fee for education is usa would be around 15K USD and if you get loan from India that would be around 12-13% interest rate whereas if you get GC and than get loan from usa it would be around 5-6% interest rate. So annually you have a loss of max 8% which is which is 1200 USD but if you start earning 1 year late min salary after Masters would be atleast 40K annually so its worth giving extra interest in India and taking loan than waiting for the GC. Secondly immigration through F4 is not something for which you should waste precious years especially at the start of your carrer bcz you never knw if it will retrogate again in future or it will move fast. Everything that ppl say here about date being current is just prediction based on analysis of data from past movements but there can be some events like Obama planning to use executive decision on immigration reform which can influence the movement in good or bad way so you should not wait for the file to be current and start planning to come to USA on student Visa.

And Yes if you are in USA when file becomes current you can apply for Adjustment of Status and take the visa interview in USA and directly get gc as long as you have not aged out after applying CSPA and there is no risk in any cases it is just a different route to get GC as long as you can produce all documents that they ask.

Because someone told me that i cant do job till i receive immigration visa...because i must be considered as a child though i am above 21...

and i m not sure that if i go to usa on student visa, then will i be eligible for my immigration visa when pd gets current...

If you come here on student visa it will in no way affect your immigration file. Both the things are completely separate. While you are on student Visa you need to follow the rules about working limited hours at school and after you get GC you can work wherever & any number of hours that you want so no need to get confused consider. If you are asking about working in India there is no restrictions for you as you are and Indian citizen and if you think that working in India will take away your child status than that is myth bcz in USA children as small as 12-14 soemtimes work extra pocket money and almost everyone in bachelors work along with study to get their pocket money. So working in India or USA will never take away your dependent status from you.

Source - I was at the same spot before 4 years. At that time files were moving 3 months at a time & I was two years away and many people told me that if you wait for 6-8 months you will be current but i didn't wait and that turned out to be good decision because there was retrogression and after 4 yrs I am still 1 year away and now people say it is still at least 1 year.

feel free to send direct msg to me in the inbox if you need more details bcz I m not able to check all the posts regularly

Timeline
I130 - NOA1 : 02/11/2002
I130-APPROVED : 01/12/2009
NVC RECEIVED : 20/03/2015

Interview Complete - Visa Received

Timeline

If you plan to settle in USA, you should go for USA on students visa and start building your career in that direction so by the time you get GC, you are halfway on getting US degree or already got a degree. Now depending on your field of study, if you wanna get good job, corresponding Degree in USA is required. (For some fields like comp science you can add fake experince on resume to get interview and if you you perform there are chances tht you would land a good job without going through MS) rule of thumb is get a degree in the country you want to work so that you have something to say at the time of applying/switching jobs now and in future.

Second part of this question is should you wait till you get green card and than start masters as you will get loan from govt from studying at lower interest rate after you get GC ? I would say this depends on you but speaking in terms of money avg fee for education is usa would be around 15K USD and if you get loan from India that would be around 12-13% interest rate whereas if you get GC and than get loan from usa it would be around 5-6% interest rate. So annually you have a loss of max 8% which is which is 1200 USD but if you start earning 1 year late min salary after Masters would be atleast 40K annually so its worth giving extra interest in India and taking loan than waiting for the GC. Secondly immigration through F4 is not something for which you should waste precious years especially at the start of your carrer bcz you never knw if it will retrogate again in future or it will move fast. Everything that ppl say here about date being current is just prediction based on analysis of data from past movements but there can be some events like Obama planning to use executive decision on immigration reform which can influence the movement in good or bad way so you should not wait for the file to be current and start planning to come to USA on student Visa.

And Yes if you are in USA when file becomes current you can apply for Adjustment of Status and take the visa interview in USA and directly get gc as long as you have not aged out after applying CSPA and there is no risk in any cases it is just a different route to get GC as long as you can produce all documents that they ask.

If you come here on student visa it will in no way affect your immigration file. Both the things are completely separate. While you are on student Visa you need to follow the rules about working limited hours at school and after you get GC you can work wherever & any number of hours that you want so no need to get confused consider. If you are asking about working in India there is no restrictions for you as you are and Indian citizen and if you think that working in India will take away your child status than that is myth bcz in USA children as small as 12-14 soemtimes work extra pocket money and almost everyone in bachelors work along with study to get their pocket money. So working in India or USA will never take away your dependent status from you.

Source - I was at the same spot before 4 years. At that time files were moving 3 months at a time & I was two years away and many people told me that if you wait for 6-8 months you will be current but i didn't wait and that turned out to be good decision because there was retrogression and after 4 yrs I am still 1 year away and now people say it is still at least 1 year.

feel free to send direct msg to me in the inbox if you need more details bcz I m not able to check all the posts regularly

Thanks a lot buddy...u almost solved most of my doubts... :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filled DS 230 back in 2010 and agin I filled DS 260 3 month back my priority date is 1 april 2002 but my cousin who,s priority date was dec 01 they did not filled Ds 260 but the were granted visa on same DS 230 which was submitted during 2010 and they were not asked for new affidative of support or new tax return even

Timeline

I filled DS 230 back in 2010 and agin I filled DS 260 3 month back my priority date is 1 april 2002 but my cousin who,s priority date was dec 01 they did not filled Ds 260 but the were granted visa on same DS 230 which was submitted during 2010 and they were not asked for new affidative of support or new tax return even

what is your cousin age?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.