addiction

Address and Lease questions

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got an apartment on the day of my fiance's POE, but I couldn't add him to the lease because he didn't have a social security number for a background check. Then I was told that I wouldn't be able to add him to the lease until he physical has a green card. However, on the application it says I just need one of the following documents:

1. Form I-551, Alien Registration Receipt Card

2. Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, with the following annotations:

(a) "admitted as refugee persuant to section 207"

(b) "section 208" or "asylum"

© "section 243(h)" or "deportation stayed by Attorney General"

(d) "paroled pursuant to sec. 212(d)(5) of the INA."

3. If Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, is not annotated, it must be accompanied by one of the following documents:

(a) a final court decision granting asylum (but only if no appeal)

(b) a letter from a DHS asylum officer granting asylum (if application was filed on or after October 1, 1990) or from a DHS district director granting asylum (If application was filed before October 1, 1990)

© a court decision granting withholding or deportation; or

(d) a letter from a DHS asylum officer granting withholding or deportation (if application was filed on or after October 1, 1990)

4. Form I-168, Temporary Resident Card, which must be annotated " Section 245A" or "Section 210"

5. Form I-688B, Employment Authorization Card, which must be annotated "Provision of Law 274a.12(11) or "Provision of Law 274a.12"

6. A receipt issued by the DHS indicating that an application for issuance of a replacement document in one of the above-listed categories has been made and the applicant's entitlement to the document has been verified.

7. Form I-151 Alien Registration Receipt Card.

Will any of these documents be issued prior to the AOS interview? That way I could bring our lease as evidence.

The lease says having anyone not on the lease move in would result in eviction so I don't want mail for my fiance to come to our address. So for the AOS I have my parents address both for place of residence and mailing address (to be consistent since not all of the forms have a place for both). Will that be a problem? I've heard that sometimes Immigration will come to your door to check if you live there. Is that to remove the conditions or before?

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.