srvman

Photos for the Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know they are not exactly necessary, but I am thinking of bringing a few extra to the interview.

Would it really matter that much if I just printed some photos on normal A4 paper?

Other than that I am good to go hopefully.

I have all my documents, birth certificate, police check thing, medical results, and the affidavit of support with a bunch of evidence for that.

I don't have any pictures yet, or proof of flights other than old emails, but my thinking is that the i-129f was when we should have submitted our "proof of relationship", and they would have sent out an RFE if they needed more. Am I right in thinking the interview is just to make sure that the finances are in order, you wont be a public charge, and an opportunity to physically talk about the relationship.

I am sorry, but it is 5 days until my interview, I am not really nervous, as the one thing I am confident about is our relationships validity :) I just don't want to get tripped up by not dotting the i, or crossing the t.

Thanks,

Chris

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Timeline

I know they are not exactly necessary, but I am thinking of bringing a few extra to the interview.

Would it really matter that much if I just printed some photos on normal A4 paper?

I have all my documents, birth certificate, police check thing, medical results, and the affidavit of support with a bunch of evidence for that.

I don't have any pictures yet, or proof of flights other than old emails, but my thinking is that the i-129f was when we should have submitted our "proof of relationship", and they would have sent out an RFE if they needed more. Am I right in thinking the interview is just to make sure that the finances are in order, you wont be a public charge, and an opportunity to physically talk about the relationship.

I am sorry, but it is 5 days until my interview, I am not really nervous, as the one thing I am confident about is our relationships validity smile.png I just don't want to get tripped up by not dotting the i, or crossing the t.

Thanks,

Chris

I wasn't asked for photos, but took a few just in case. I don't think you will need any, but if they make you feel more confident you may as well.

My K-1 visa interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13931 Sorry for the grammar mistakes! I wrote this very quickly and am not able to go back and edit it!

My POE interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?trim=no&poe=JFK&page=1&dfilter=0

Native Northumbrian

100px-Flag_of_Northumberland.svg.png

Adopted New Yorker

100px-Flag_of_New_York_City.svg.png

Met in London, UK - 8th October, 2010

Fiancee moved back to NYC - October 2011

Two year long-distance relationship

I-129f sent - 10th September 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 24th September 2013

NOA2 - 18th October 2013 (so fast!!)

DS-160 sent - 14th November 2013

Readiness form submitted - 4th January 2014

Medical examination - 13th January 2014

Interview date - 11th February 2014

Visa approved!

Entered the US at JFK - 30th March 2014

Married! - 25th April 2014

Mailed AOS package - 8th May 2014

Recieved NOA for AOS - 12th May 2014

EAD/AP approved - 23rd July 2014

Received EAD/AP - 31st July 2014

Began working again! - 1st August 2014

I am sorry, but it is 5 days until my interview, I am not really nervous, as the one thing I am confident about is our relationships validity smile.png I just don't want to get tripped up by not dotting the i, or crossing the t.

Thanks,

Chris

As long as you take 1 US-Sized Passport Photo (and if you'd read my "Interview Day" part of the K-1 guide, you'd have known that) whether you get it at a photo booth in a supermarket, at Gould's just before your interview or printed out yourself then you will be fine.

Read the "Interview Day" section of the guide. Post 5. And read the nice, detailed review I linked inside it. Just ignore the section on portable electronics as you can now take those in.

You people worry too much ... content ... not quality gets it done. Use your photo printer, that's what it's for.

Take your attitude elsewhere.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

Thanks Wheatley and Stevensane, your advice is very much appreciated.

I have read the section a few times it has been extremely helpful, sometimes people (like myself) just need to get an answer to their little questions to calm the mind, even if they have been answered before in a different way.

Will be sure to leave an extensive review of my interview to help future filers.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

It's fine, no worries.

I remember taking the entire sheet of 4 I got from Sainsbury's (as you used to have to have 2 in the old days where they'd put one on your file, and one on the visa itself) and being told by the gent at the window you only need 1 now as they scan them in. No harm in being prepared. I'm an ex-Scout leader (and will take that back up when I have a driving licence here in RI) and of course the Scout motto is "Be Prepared". tongue.png

So it's up to you how you do it, but as long as you have them you'll be alright. As myself and Nich have said - London wants to approve you, unlike say Lagos where they're looking for reasons to deny you.

Edited by Wheatley

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

I have read the section a few times it has been extremely helpful, sometimes people (like myself) just need to get an answer to their little questions to calm the mind, even if they have been answered before in a different way.

I completely agree. I am the same.

My K-1 visa interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13931 Sorry for the grammar mistakes! I wrote this very quickly and am not able to go back and edit it!

My POE interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?trim=no&poe=JFK&page=1&dfilter=0

Native Northumbrian

100px-Flag_of_Northumberland.svg.png

Adopted New Yorker

100px-Flag_of_New_York_City.svg.png

Met in London, UK - 8th October, 2010

Fiancee moved back to NYC - October 2011

Two year long-distance relationship

I-129f sent - 10th September 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 24th September 2013

NOA2 - 18th October 2013 (so fast!!)

DS-160 sent - 14th November 2013

Readiness form submitted - 4th January 2014

Medical examination - 13th January 2014

Interview date - 11th February 2014

Visa approved!

Entered the US at JFK - 30th March 2014

Married! - 25th April 2014

Mailed AOS package - 8th May 2014

Recieved NOA for AOS - 12th May 2014

EAD/AP approved - 23rd July 2014

Received EAD/AP - 31st July 2014

Began working again! - 1st August 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.