haljbr

Reschedule Interview is it possible?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All,

I received my IL (interview Letter) yesterday morning.

PD 08 JUN 2006

interview in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on 20 March 2014.

I know that after interview I have 6 months to live.

But I am in a big project here.

My intention is to be in brazil till the end of this year.

So I am wondering if is better to reschedule my interview to june or august or go to interview now and explain the situation and ask to stay in brazil till the end of this year.

Does anyone has experience on this issue?

Thanks

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

you need to look at the website of US consulate in your country or wherever you are scheduled to have an interview.

i was able to reschedule my mom's interview.

Timeline

you need to look at the website of US consulate in your country or wherever you are scheduled to have an interview.

i was able to reschedule my mom's interview.

Hi friend.

how many time was the gap between the original schedule and reschedule?

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Timeline

If I understood your question right... Original date was 5 feb and I rescheduled it for 4 march

That''s right.

Tks

Dale Carnegie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They only reschedule for a really really good reason. We thought they'd reschedule our interview for tax purposes, but they didn't. also, the petition expires within a timeframe, I think like 2 months after Noa2, and they have the power to push that date back to reschedule, but like I said, it seems like it has to be a very good reason to reschedule. Hope that helps a bit. We emailed the consulate, they were very nice but didn't budge on pushing our date back. Since then we had our interview and were approved :)

Service Center: California Service Center

Embassy: Rio de Janeiro

Met: August 22, 2005

First Visit: March-April 2011

Second Visit: August-October 2012

Third Visit: August-September 2013

I-129F Sent: 09/14/2013

Package Received: 09/17/2013

NOA1: 09/19/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 09/28/2013

NOA2:10/08/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 10/12/2013

18 Days From NOA1 until NOA2

NVC Received: 11/07/2013

Case Number Received: 11/08/2013

Sent to Embassy: 11/12/2013

Emailed Embassy asking if they got case: 11/10/2013

Response, not received yet: 11/13/2013

Emailed embassy again: 11/17/2013

Response, received but no interview date yet: 11/18/2013

Case Touched by Consulate: 11/22/2013

Interview Date: 01/23/2014

Visa Issued: 2/7/2014

POE: Detroit, Michigan. 5/17/2014

This is going so fast and we are so blessed. You will be in my arms soon, My Love.

Timeline

I sent an email to immigration Rio - Brazil.

I will forward here as soon I get answer.

Dale Carnegie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.