22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think in the earlier cases they only sent email messages and now they are sending the snail mail copy more often. We did go to Philly and were treated like dirt. The woman kept making these weird faces at her computer goes, hmm..I don't know what's happening, maybe you're stuck in name check but I am not sure. Then she went in, talked to her supervisor and her attitude changed. "we don't have your file and we can't help!"

Waren316 and others I hope your cases are going well. For those stuck in namecheck hell (that includes me i guess) hope we're out of this soon.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

• 11 months later...

Hi,

This is a long shot, but I hope you guys are still active here at VJ. Can you tell me what happened to your cancelled interviews? I'm in the same boat as you were. Just received an email of interview cancellation today.

thanks,

babycakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

This is a long shot, but I hope you guys are still active here at VJ. Can you tell me what happened to your cancelled interviews? I'm in the same boat as you were. Just received an email of interview cancellation today.

thanks,

babycakes

Ours was rescheduled about one year later.

Hi,

thanks,

babycakes

My goodness, that's a long wait.

Timeline
Hi,

thanks,

babycakes

Yes, It was quite maddening. Our application took over two years altogether. Hope you don't have to wait as long.

Hi,

thanks,

babycakes

Yes, It was quite maddening. Our application took over two years altogether. Hope you don't have to wait as long.

Did you just wait for the reschedule or did you do some follow-ups on it? Pardon me for asking too much questions but you are the only one I meet here that has the same case as mine, which is still active in VJ. I really appreciate it.

Timeline
Hi,

thanks,

babycakes

Did you just wait for the reschedule or did you do some follow-ups on it? Pardon me for asking too much questions but you are the only one I meet here that has the same case as mine, which is still active in VJ. I really appreciate it.

We made an Infopass appointment to see if we could get some answers as to why it was taking so long but they didn't tell us anything, just to wait. I also wrote my congressman (Mike Bilirakis) to no avail. All we could do was wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.