Girona40

EAD expires soon.........

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
an interim EAD is still available? i didnt think so.

Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.

From the USCIS website - God, I almost stopped breathing altogether then!!! lol

I dont mean to startle you, just as I understand it, interim EAD's are no longer provided effective 9/1/06 and even some offices eff 10/1/06. I think very very few offices still squeak them out, but no one seems to be trying to obtain them anymore since most get rejected. What an infopass CAN do for you is send a request to Missouri asking what the hold up is since you are outside processing times. Again, I believe this is the current state as it standas for Interim EADs

Hmmm. Where did you see that, lal_brandow? I must have missed it and if the policy change was effective as ofd 9/1/06, does that mean that there was a change in policy within 13 days? This internal procedural memo, from Michael Aytes seems also to refute it!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/El...88B_081806R.pdf

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

an interim EAD is still available? i didnt think so.

Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.

From the USCIS website - God, I almost stopped breathing altogether then!!! lol

I dont mean to startle you, just as I understand it, interim EAD's are no longer provided effective 9/1/06 and even some offices eff 10/1/06. I think very very few offices still squeak them out, but no one seems to be trying to obtain them anymore since most get rejected. What an infopass CAN do for you is send a request to Missouri asking what the hold up is since you are outside processing times. Again, I believe this is the current state as it standas for Interim EADs

Hmmm. Where did you see that, lal_brandow? I must have missed it and if the policy change was effective as ofd 9/1/06, does that mean that there was a change in policy within 13 days? This internal procedural memo, from Michael Aytes seems also to refute it!

Hi DD. That is the same document i am referring to. The following statement is what I am citing, in addition to the numerous EAD posts in September who stated exactly what I did - being turrned away with only a request being completed for them. Thsi DID yeild positive results, however as many got their cards relatively seen after their Infopass appt.

Interim Employment Authorization Document

USCIS is required to adjudicate a pending Form I-765 within 90 days from the date of receipt. 8 CFR 274a.13(d). Failure to complete the adjudication within this time frame requires the Service to grant an employment authorization document for a period not to exceed 240 days. The following steps are being initiated to reduce, and eventually eliminate, the need for USCIS to issue an interim EAD.

Field Offices

Local Offices will no longer accept and adjudicate Form I-765 for an Interim EAD. The Service Centers or NBC will be responsible for adjudicating the pending I-765 and issuing interim or non-interim documentation. Upon receipt of Form I-765 requesting an interim EAD, local field offices are required to perform the following tasks.

• CLAIMS Verification

o Underlying application remains pending

o Determine if RFE has been issued, thus tolling the 90-day adjudicative requirement

o Form I-765 remains unadjudicated

o Biometrics have been captured—if not, refer to ASC

Edited by lal_brandow

Filed: Timeline

diadromous mermaid,

It seems to me that Mr. Aytes' memo confirms what lal_brandow says. The anecdotal evidence that I've seen on VJ is that the field offices are taking the steps that Mr. Aytes writes, on the bottom of page 3, will be taken to eliminate issuance of interim EADs.

Yodrak

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes Yodrak I see I was incorrect. I'm glad this discussion came up to clarify things for myself and others.

Becca

rebeccajo,

Yes, the employer initially only needs to see an application for an EAD if the person is EA.

But once the existing EA expires, and the person is no longer EA, the person cannot be employed until they are EA once again.

Yodrak

Glenys, download an I-9 form and read the instructions to the employer.

I THINK the instructions state that the employer only need see at least an application for a employment authorization document with 3 days of the hire, and production of that document within 90 days...........................

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.