Emerald

I-864 Questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hubby is the USC and i am the AUstralian Citizen. We are both living in Australia, and hubby has been here for 5.5yrs. We have 2 kids togther and one more on the way.

WE are going to go the DCF route here in Australia. I'm sorting out the paperwork to get organised for the interview. WE are yet to file the initial petition, but will be after the new year.

We have a joint sponsor working on their I-864's to sponsor me.

My questions are:

1:-

Does he need to file an I-864 for me and one each of the kids? or just me?

2:- Part 3 Question 8:

In part 3 question number 8, Which box do i tick. Hubby dosn't meet the poverty guidelines, hence we are getting a joint sponsor. So what do i tick?

Part 3 Question 9:

In part 3 question 9 Do i put the kids in there?

3:-Part 4 question 13:-

In part 4 question 13 Do i put his sisters address where we are staying, or his dads address where his mail etc has been going to for the past 5yrs. This is to partly prove domicile.

Part 24:

Do i need to fill out an I-864A form as we will be using my pay that will continue up till Jan 2008 if not longer.

I am finding this form very very confusing, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Emerald

Filed: Timeline

Emerald,

1. He needs to provide an I-864 for each immigrant.

2. 'Yes'

3. You haven't provided enough information to answer the question - are the kids immigrants or US citizens?

Part 24: Depends on the answer to the previous question.

Yodrak

Hubby is the USC and i am the AUstralian Citizen. We are both living in Australia, and hubby has been here for 5.5yrs. We have 2 kids togther and one more on the way.

WE are going to go the DCF route here in Australia. I'm sorting out the paperwork to get organised for the interview. WE are yet to file the initial petition, but will be after the new year.

We have a joint sponsor working on their I-864's to sponsor me.

My questions are:

1:-

Does he need to file an I-864 for me and one each of the kids? or just me?

2:- Part 3 Question 8:

In part 3 question number 8, Which box do i tick. Hubby dosn't meet the poverty guidelines, hence we are getting a joint sponsor. So what do i tick?

Part 3 Question 9:

In part 3 question 9 Do i put the kids in there?

In part 4 question 13 Do i put his sisters address where we are staying, or his dads address where his mail etc has been going to for the past 5yrs. This is to partly prove domicile.

Part 24:

Do i need to fill out an I-864A form as we will be using my pay that will continue up till Jan 2008 if not longer.

I am finding this form very very confusing, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Emerald

Timeline

Emerald,

1. He needs to provide an I-864 for each immigrant. even if the kids are US Citizens?

2. 'Yes' So i tick the yes box

3. You haven't provided enough information to answer the question - are the kids immigrants or US citizens?THe kids are US Citizens

Yodrak

Edited by Emerald

Timeline

Sorry i can't edit the above post so re-posting

1. He needs to provide an I-864 for each immigrant. even if the kids are US Citizens?Does the joint sponsor have to also, as i thought they were just sponsoring me, so i am getting them to fill out the one form, plus his wife is filling out the I-864A i think it is.

2. 'Yes' So i tick the yes box

3. You haven't provided enough information to answer the question - are the kids immigrants or US citizens?THe kids are US Citizens

Emerald,

1. He needs to provide an I-864 for each immigrant. even if the kids are US Citizens? Yes, the kids being US citizens does not change the fact that each immigrant needs an I-864

2. P3 Q8. 'Yes' So i tick the yes box Yes

3 P3 Q9. You haven't provided enough information to answer the question - are the kids immigrants or US citizens?THe kids are US Citizens And the question asks to list what people?

3. Part 24: Depends on the answer to the previous question. You and your husband do not need to fill out an I-864A.

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Emerald,

They are just sponsoring you.

Yodrak

Sorry i can't edit the above post so re-posting

1. He needs to provide an I-864 for each immigrant. even if the kids are US Citizens?Does the joint sponsor have to also, as i thought they were just sponsoring me, so i am getting them to fill out the one form, plus his wife is filling out the I-864A i think it is.

Timeline

Yodrak,

Thanks heaps for your help, its so confusing this form. It's the first one i've had alot of trouble with.

Part 3 Q9 Says:

I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2 (myself) Do not include any relative listed on a seperate visa
So do i put the kids in there? as well as fill out a seperate I864 form for them each?

Also can you help me with this part?

In part 4 question 13 Do i put his sisters address where we are staying, or his dads address where his mail etc has been going to for the past 5yrs. This is to partly prove domicile

His mail was going to his dads etc since he's been here, but we are using his sisters address as where we are staying, as thats where we will be staying. Plus his dad and mum arn't reliable to send us mail etc that arrives at their house.

Emerald,

P3 Q9: I asked you if the kids were immigrants or US citizens, and you responded that they were US citizens did you not?

P4 Q13: Q12 asks for mailing address, Q13 asks for place of residence if different from mailing address. Its crystal clear and you've answered your question in the process of posting it.

Yodrak

Yodrak,

Thanks heaps for your help, its so confusing this form. It's the first one i've had alot of trouble with.

Part 3 Q9 Says:

I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2 (myself) Do not include any relative listed on a seperate visa
So do i put the kids in there? as well as fill out a seperate I864 form for them each?

Also can you help me with this part?

In part 4 question 13 Do i put his sisters address where we are staying, or his dads address where his mail etc has been going to for the past 5yrs. This is to partly prove domicile

His mail was going to his dads etc since he's been here, but we are using his sisters address as where we are staying, as thats where we will be staying. Plus his dad and mum arn't reliable to send us mail etc that arrives at their house.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.