Jeff @ Missy

Another DS-260 question

10 posts in this topic

I have filled out the DS-260 for my wife but will not be submitting it electronically, it is going with her to the interview. At the time I do the electronic signature for it it does submit it but I need to print it and bring with to the interview. Before I do this last step and potentially lose all the data I entered I want to make sure I have the hardcopy ready to present to the interviewer.

I am not submitting electronically and need the hardcopy. The fees are paid at the interview window as well. Does anybody remember what the options are after you submit is there a print DS-260 button?

Edited by Jeff @ Missy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

just submit it!!! its just electronic they will submit it directly to the embassy, and oh by d way i was also skip nvc stage.. thats why i know i suggest submit it! im done with my interview on jan 6,2014

just submit it!!! its just electronic they will submit it directly to the embassy, and oh by d way i was also skip nvc stage.. thats why i know i suggest submit it! im done with my interview on jan 6,2014

Ok but the letter I received said no more correspodence with the NVC. My packet should arrive in Manila this week so if there is a paper version they will not forward it at this time. I just called the embassy to find out about interviews and they said they need to wait till the packet arrives....did they fit you in on an earlier day that was not available otherwise? You paid all the fees at the interview time?

I will be there with my wife and child on the interview day for the payments and all, hope I can get in soon. I waited and waited then flew back to the states for the volley of paperwork with the NVC so I am here with all the orig docs, need get on the plane soon back to MNL. Please fill me in on what all you brought to the IV appt. I have printed the 864 AOS doc and just need the DS-260 I think. I will submit it but not make a payment until IV time.

Thanks!

Hope all goes smoothly for once

Timeline

Ok but the letter I received said no more correspodence with the NVC. My packet should arrive in Manila this week so if there is a paper version they will not forward it at this time. I just called the embassy to find out about interviews and they said they need to wait till the packet arrives....did they fit you in on an earlier day that was not available otherwise? You paid all the fees at the interview time?

I will be there with my wife and child on the interview day for the payments and all, hope I can get in soon. I waited and waited then flew back to the states for the volley of paperwork with the NVC so I am here with all the orig docs, need get on the plane soon back to MNL. Please fill me in on what all you brought to the IV appt. I have printed the 864 AOS doc and just need the DS-260 I think. I will submit it but not make a payment until IV time.

Thanks!

Hope all goes smoothly for once

i know that what also says the last emailed to us from nvc, but its just an electronic hehe.. its directed to your interviewer hehe.. gudluck! yes all the fees you will pay it on the day of your interview

i know that what also says the last emailed to us from nvc, but its just an electronic hehe.. its directed to your interviewer hehe.. gudluck! yes all the fees you will pay it on the day of your interview

Thanks Jane21

How long did it take from the NVC bypass email to when you got the interview date. From your timeline looks like you were waiting a long time such as myself before things started moving. Did you wait till the mail hit Manila before you could schedule your interview? I am going in circles literally...I called the NVC 1 hr before my flight back to the states, nothing, now 2 weeks later I am ready to book a flight back.$$$, what a hassle

you can check your status online using your mnila case number, when it says ready then call us embassy for the appointment of your interview

It says ready but they would not make me an appointment,,,hmm. was your paperwork there when you called? they gave me a few websites but I just want them to get me in as best they can. I will try the websire for now and do the DS-260 electronic submittal, maybe they can see that also?

Timeline

It says ready but they would not make me an appointment,,,hmm. was your paperwork there when you called? they gave me a few websites but I just want them to get me in as best they can. I will try the websire for now and do the DS-260 electronic submittal, maybe they can see that also?

ok i will tell you what i did, when i saw my status ready, i called the embassy for interview appointment then they are asking me if i receive anything intructions from embassy manila i told them that i ddnt heard from them yet and i want to schedule an appointment so the girl said that ok i can give you an appointment but i cant assure you that they will going to let you inside of the embassy, i said thats ok.. so i ask if they going to email it to me, she said yes right now so i print it and go for my medical then i went to embassy on jan. 6 since that the date they gave me,. so its done hehe.. i am done with my interview and visa on hand!!

wow....

i did submit the DS-260 online and called back 30 min later but they said to email again. i have like 3 email addresses now. I will wait a few more days i guess after i email and then push a little harder. they do know about the expedite and all so please please just give me an appt date or a date range so i can plan. either way i am on my way to MNL again and get my family to metro MNL for the med exam and CFO class. Salamat!

you can check your status online using your mnila case number, when it says ready then call us embassy for the appointment of your interview

Jane21,

The phone call thing did not work so I got online and have an appointment the 3rd of Feb, this should give me just enough time to fly back to MNL and retrieve her and my child and get back to MNL for the med exam and all. I could have gotten in sooner but this is pushing it. I should never have flown back to the states or I could have had this over by the end of this week.

Congrats on your visa approval by the way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.