Danno

Do you know a battered Homosexual who need support?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

After such interest in the high rates of sexual abuse of men by other men in the military I thought I should share this website.

and start another conversation about what we can do to help those who are battered?

The high rates of domestic violence everywhere is concerning and something we should all take note of but Gays like everyone else also suffer at the hands of their Partners, some research shows in even higher numbers

so that I why I wanted to get this avenue of support out there.

Now it is true, I am not a big fan of the militant Gay Movement but I think we can all agree, "No one deserves to be beaten" so please pass this link on to your gay friends and perhaps post it to Facebook as I have. And share your thoughts on what else we can do to protect the LGBTQ folks.

http://gmdvp.org

GLBTQ_Website-e1360272168896.jpg

Pride.jpg

Resources

How to File a Restraining Order: a restraining order is free, and you don’t need a lawyer to obtain one. GMDVP’s legal advocate can assist you in getting a 209A.

How to Clear Your Browser: when you search for information or communicate about partner abuse, do not use any computer to which your abuser has access. Your Internet and email activities leave traces on your computer that can be found by your abuser.

Services for Friends and Family of Victims and Survivors: You may know someone who is currently being abused by an intimate partner or who has left an abusive partner.

A Service Provider’s Guide for Working with GLBT Victims and Survivors: Gay Men’s Domestic Violence Project offers a range of services for service providers, including: Case Consultation, Safety Planning, Crisis Intervention, Information and Referrals, Education & Training, and Educational Materials.

Information for Batterers: do not make excuses or blame others for abusive behavior. Abusive behavior in any form, including violence or the threat of violence, is always your choice. Counseling is available for abusive behavior. Seek a qualified professional who is knowledgeable about intimate partner abuse.

GLBT Domestic Violence Attorney Program: offers legal advice, referrals, and representation to low-income survivors. All services are free and confidential. Although our target populations are the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities, we work with all survivors regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also work with the leather and S/M communities. Our services include assistance with: restraining orders, immigration, family law, housing, and employment. Click here to download the full brochure.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

god-hates-bigots.jpg

That looks like the Westboro Baptist crew.

Ahh you do know that they are registered Democrats and the head guy ran in elections a couple times.... wearing "D" on his shirt... just like the one you wear.

:)

William Penn

Timeline

Please people, take your hate to another topic, I was hoping we could use this space to help the broken among us.

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

That looks like the Westboro Baptist crew.

Ahh you do know that they are registered Democrats and the head guy ran in elections a couple times.... wearing "D" on his shirt... just like the one you wear.

smile.png

The Westboro Baptist crew is a lot more like you than it is like me. I don't wear letters on my shirts and I ain't no bigot. ;)

Please people, take your hate to another topic, I was hoping we could use this space to help the broken among us.

Should have spared this thread of your hateful comment in the OP, then. But you can't because your bigotry always gets the upper hand.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

EDITED AS IF YOU CARED

After such interest in the high rates of sexual abuse of men by other men in the military I thought I should share this website.and start another conversation about what we can do to help those who are battered?

The high rates of domestic violence everywhere is concerning and something we should all take note of.

So that I why I wanted to get this alternative avenue of support out there.

I think we can all agree, "No one deserves to be beaten" so please pass this link on to your friends and perhaps post it to Facebook as I have.

And share your thoughts on what else we can do to protect the LGBTQ folks.

http://gmdvp.org

Timeline

In this thread I am not going to give in to the hate..... my goal to bring help is more important than defending my honor.

I also have additional resources for the LGBTQ folks, if you need it, PM me.

I am there for you.

No one deserves to be beaten.

William Penn

Timeline

Troll thread.

Why can't we all just link arms and agree- Violence is not an answer?

I disagree with alternative marriages but we can agree that domestic violence should never be acceptable.

Will you take my hand?

William Penn

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In this thread I am not going to give in to the hate..... my goal to bring help is more important than defending my honor.

I also have additional resources for the LGBTQ folks, if you need it, PM me.

I am there for you.

No one deserves to be beaten.

Cant wait to see your dedication to the abused LGBTQ folks.

I look forward to seeing this thread bumped in a months time to keep the message 'out there'?

You know not been beaten, dedication to the cause and all that.