Rick1984

k-1 Ecuador **CROSSPOSTED from the K-1 Forum***

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Posted Today, 04:36 PM

Hey all, this is my first post to this forum. Needless to say, I am in the process of gathering all my paperwork and documentation necessary to begin the proceedings, as I am anxious to get my lady here. The concern I have is when one looks at this guide here, there are several additional steps listed that aren't on the official guides from USCIS/DoS. I'm not doubting the authenticity mind, just wondering that if I go above and beyond the call of duty as it were, would I be risking some sort of paperwork snafu, or does adding the additional documentation help ensure success that much more?

Another question I had is that whenever the time comes, and we receive our NOA2 for her visit to the embassy (I would assume embassy since she lives in Quito... wouldn't make sense for her to go to Guayaquil but then I work for Uncle Sam so I know stranger things have happened...) will she have to do anything in English? She is learning slowly how to speak it, but a government form is intimidating enough to those of us who do read and write it natively; I can only imagine someone who can barely say she doesn't speak English. I only worry because I would love to be there to assist with the interview, whenever that day comes, but I've heard conflicting evidence that it can't help and could actually hurt. Not certain, and as that day will be WAYYYYY in the future... it's a bit of a moot point at this juncture.

Last question I have is, due to the physical nature of the distance between us, is it acceptable to fill in the forms digitally, email them as an attachment, have her print them and sign them, then re-scan them and re-email them? I would hate to have to spend time waiting on the post to get a physical form to Ecuador just for a quick signature and repost (I sent postcards from Ecuador a week before I left and the recipients only got them a month AFTER I returned... Do not want to go through that wait just for a quick signature). Are there any official DHS forms available in Spanish anywhere, if only to give her a copy and have her follow along as it were? I know that for certain things there are official forms in Spanish, especially in the Southwestern border states, but I don't know about this k-1 visa process. I tried searching but found nothing.

I suppose a bit of background is in order here.

-She already has a multiple entry b-2 visa good until 2017

-We met when she was here on vacation a year and a half ago

-I speak/read/write Spanish, but not at an advanced/native proficiency (I suppose you might say it's sufficient to go on vacation and navigate Ecuadorian society but I wouldn't be writing any papers, reports, or technical manuals anytime soon)

-We already have numerous records of my visits to Ecuador and her visits here, including photos of her and I together, her and my parents together, etc. In fact, my parents are absolutely supportive and anxious to have a daughter-in-law...

Thanks in advance for any help! smile.png Eager to begin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Cómo difícil es para traer mi comprometida del Ecuador? Ella vive en las afueras de Quito, la es ingeniera, con educacíon de ESPE etc. Estoy tan ansioso empezar el proceso por traerla. Necesitará entender inglés en su entrevista? Hay formas disponibles en español? Es recomendado que estoy presente a la entrevista? Ya tenemos muchas fotos juntas ambas allá en Ecuador y aquí en los EEUU y con mis padres mi hermano etc. Tenemos mucha evidencia, sólo me falta el conocimiento en que ella tiene que hacer, y por eso, estoy preocupado que tenemos que esperar más mientras ella estudia inglés. Ya la tiene permiso por entradas múltiples con su visa de b-1 (por turismo), con la expiracíon en 2017. A la verdad, nos conocimos mientras ella estaba aquí hace un año y medio en vacaciones a mí país. Graci en avanza por cualquier ayuda me ofrecen y disculpeme por cualquier errores hice en mi español. a la verdad, es tan difícil para mi cambiar entre los dos idiomas y aún, yo lo puedo hacer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread closed; cross-posted thread in K-1 Process forum is receiving answers. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.