approveus

London Embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I received a letter stating that my case has been passed to the Embassy in London. I'm wondering how long I should wait before contacting them.

I received the letter in mid October.

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

Jamie (Scotland) + Katie (USA)

01-01-2002 - Moved to NYC on J-1 Student Visa.

30-10-2002 - Met Katie in NYC.

01-02-2003 - I return to Scotland.

2002 /2004 - Back and forth UK/USA (many times!)

30-10-2004 - Proposed to Katie. YES!!!

03-02-2005 - Married in Glasgow.

01-03-2005 - Katie returns to US to file UK visa application.

29-03-2005 - UK visa issued!!

06-04-2005 - Katie comes home to Scotland.

11-04-2005 - Filed I-130 DCF London Embassy

14-04-2005 - DCF rejected. Must file through a US SC.

02-06-2005 - Filed I-130 TSC

13-06-2005 - Receipt notice from CSC

28-12-2005 - Received email notification, I-130 approved 21-12-05!!

09-01-2006 - Case received by NVC, case number assigned.

15-11-2006 - NVC complete case and forward to Embassy in London.

19-01-2007 - Interview scheduled for Feb 28th.

06-02-2007 - Medical in London

28-02-2007 - Visa Interview - APPROVED!!!

02-03-2007 - Visa in hand.

23-05-2007 - Enter USA through Newark (EWR)

Me waiting too...the NVC stated that it had forwarded the case to the Embassy on December 13, and the embassy is claiming that they have not received it. Ok, it is the holidays, but come January, there should better be something...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

The NVC sent my petition to London in late October, you can see from my timeline that I didn't wait long for Packet 3. If I was still waiting I would have been in touch with the Embassy by now.

I know K-1 timelines are different but I would still want to check.

Maggie

Edited by mmb

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

The NVC sent my petition to London in late October, you can see from my timeline that I didn't wait long for Packet 3. If I was still waiting I would have been in touch with the Embassy by now.

I know K-1 timelines are different but I would still want to check.

Maggie

The embassy recieved our case in Oct.. we are still waiting for an interview....

Filed: Timeline

The Embassy has a right so they call it to keep you waiting for at least 12 weeks, there have been people that have waited far longer but eventually got an interview (Scott comes to mind) if you email them with your case number you will get a canned response and nothing else. Some have been told in e-mails not to e-mail again with enquires, it is a waiting game, you will get an interview at some stage (this being the last stage) be patient, I know this is hard ( I found this part very difficult).

Janice

P.S Do not even bother with the Misinformation Line they know as much as somebody with an IQ of -100

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We did K-1 through the London Embassy which might be different system than CR-1, but I waited over 2 months to be called for an interview. I contacted them several times both on the Info phone line and the email but was never told anything helpful. Then one day out of the blue they rang me and asked me when I wanted to come in!

P.S Do not even bother with the Misinformation Line they know as much as somebody with an IQ of -100

I can only reiterate the above... we called the expensive number and were told that they did not receive our packet 3 and would have to wait at least 2 more weeks. Two days later, we received packet 4 with our interview date for the 12th of January!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.