4 posts in this topic

Hello visa journey friends,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for sharing what you know and taking the time to reply. I had been getting so much support here. Thank you guys.

I have mailed the visa immigration application and affidavit of support and evidences to NVC. Unfortunately got an email from NVC that the affidavit of support was incomplete or something has to be corrected. The petitioner is my mother. She petitioned for my brother unmarried minor child. My husband and my mother filled I-864s and I filled I-864A as the daughter and household member.

I felt stuck and not sure what to do. I need your help.

Here are the details of the checklist I received from NVC.

I-864, affidavit of support , and financial evidence checklist:( the petitioner- mother)

In Part 1. Basis for filing affidavit of Support, please correct the following..

On part I, I wrote down the petitioners complete name.

answer: I checked 1.a I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.

Am I supposed to check 1.e. I am the ___1st ___2nd of two joint sponsors?

When I filled out my husband's I-864, I checked 1.e and checked the box( first) of joint sponsors.

In Part 2. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

Answer: I filled out 1.a, 1.b,1.c ( family name, given and middle of my brother being petitioned)

Mailing address: I filled the lines with my brother's address in the Philippines.

Other information:

Country of citizenship- Philippines

Date of birth: my brother's birthday

In part 3, information on the immigrant you are sponsoring, pls correct the following.

My answer: I checked the box(yes)

Line 7. Answer is 1 as the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring

In part 4. Information on the sponsor, pls correct the following.

Answer: I filled the the section with my mother's information. Full name, mailing address, and my mother's place of residence, telephone number, country of domicile is USA and date of birth.

In part 5. Sponsor' s household size, please correct the following...

household members: My husband, myself( daughter), mother( the petitioner), my 2 children( 4 and 6 yrs.old)

My answer: enter the number you entered on line 7 of part 3.----> 1

Persons not sponsored in this affidavit:

2. Yourself---> 1

3. If you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse. ---->1

7. Optional----> 1

8. Add together lines 1-7 and enter the number here. Household size: 4

In part 6. Sponsors income and employment.

Answer: information about my mothers employment

Person 1.

6.a my name and 6.b relationship to my mother, 6.c my current income

Filled out line 10

I checked line 11.

I checked line 13.

If my mother only have most recent and 2nd most recent tax year, what should I do? She started working around 2011.

If that is the case, that means I don't have to check the line 13?

In part 8. Sponsors contract please correct the following.

Answer: I filled the box with my mother's name and she signed too. ( I don't understand why it needs to be corrected, she is the mother sponsoring her son)

I was also asked to submit a w2 for my mom.

I wrote down the answer under each part questions: any suggestion or answer you may have, please help me.

Thank you so much. God bless everyone. Happy New Year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

your mom as the petitioner files the i864. Did you send it wrong? your mom files the i864, you file an I864 as joint sponsor and your husband as YOUR household member. you and your husband are the ones that can combine their income as spouses, so you as the relative related to your mom, files the i864 and your husband as your spouse files the I864A. why did your file the i864A?

your are correct on part one of HER i864, she is your' brother's sponsor and petitioner. part 2 is your brother's information, so from 1 through 4 I see no problem

household size is the problem, why are you counting everyone? your family is not your mom's household size, all those go on YOUR i864 and your husband's i864A

is your mom married? It's HER family not yours that goes on HER household size

if your mom is unmarried and she has no minor children that are her dependents on her taxes, then she is 1 and your brother is 1, household size is 2 on your mom's i864

on your i864 you put your family plus your brother, and on your husband's i864A as well

Timeline

In part 6. Sponsors income and employment.
Answer: information about my mothers employment
Person 1.
6.a my name and 6.b relationship to my mother, 6.c my current income
Filled out line 10
I checked line 11.
I checked line 13.
If my mother only have most recent and 2nd most recent tax year, what should I do? She started working around 2011.
If that is the case, that means I don't have to check the line 13?

In part 8. Sponsors contract please correct the following.
Answer: I filled the box with my mother's name and she signed too. ( I don't understand why it needs to be corrected, she is the mother sponsoring her son)

I was also asked to submit a w2 for my mom.

why are you putting your information on your mom's i864? you filed wrong you file the i864 not the i864A

your mom can file only 2012's taxes

the contract is between you and your husband, not your mom

re file all the forms with the proper documentation

between you and your husband as joint sponsor and household member, you have to prove relationship, by your marriage certificate, and prove that you live in the same household, mail or something that has both of your names

I hope you understand better

Timeline

hi

or at best, your husband files the i864 and you the i864A, but the same, the contract is between you and your husband. you don't put any of your information on your mom's i864.

one is the joint sponsor and one is joint sponsor's household member. so you and your husband sign the i864A

your mom files her own i864 as sponsor, one of you files the i864 as the only joint sponsor and the spouse files the i864A as joint sponsor's household member

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.