pedroh

The other side of the raids..

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Pardon me, your paraphrasing is quite different than what he said. Hispanics are not all Mexican.

No, I didn't paraphrase him either, keep going with that dictionary.

I'm fully aware that not all Hispanics are Mexican, however Mexicans are Hispanic!

First, my original comment was meant to point out what I assumed was your passing his use of 'Mexican' as hispanic, again, pardon me if I got that wrong, I wasn't deriding your post.

Second, no, not all Mexicans are hispanic. In fact, many are not.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
If you were a law abiding American Citizen of hispanic appearance / descent and were subject to this kind of treatment - why would you not sue?

Is it unreasonable for a person who has committed no crime, pays their taxes etc to accept being tarred with the "illegal immigrant" brush just because of the way they look?

Seems to me that's just another way of justifying racial prejudices... What should they do? "Go somewhere else" I suppose :rolleyes:

So, then illegals mix in with their own of legal standing and get a free ride? We just capitulate because they're hiding among law abiding citizens of similar appearance? Should those standards then not also apply to your drug pushing ganstas, to your pimps and gamblers? I mean, they all probably have some law abiding citizen nearby who would feel inconvenienced when their up to no good neighbors are getting their butts busted.

The other side of these raids, folks, is Americans applying for the jobs that the busted illegals can no longer do. That's the other side of the raids. And I, for one, would like to see a lot more of it. It's proof that the illegal cheerleading squads wrongly claim that illegals only do the jobs Americans won't do. The truth is quite different and recent events bring out that truth.

Send them all home, I say. Or better yet, take away their ability to make money and watch them leave on their own. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If you were a law abiding American Citizen of hispanic appearance / descent and were subject to this kind of treatment - why would you not sue?

Is it unreasonable for a person who has committed no crime, pays their taxes etc to accept being tarred with the "illegal immigrant" brush just because of the way they look?

Seems to me that's just another way of justifying racial prejudices... What should they do? "Go somewhere else" I suppose :rolleyes:

So, then illegals mix in with their own of legal standing and get a free ride? We just capitulate because they're hiding among law abiding citizens of similar appearance? Should those standards then not also apply to your drug pushing ganstas, to your pimps and gamblers? I mean, they all probably have some law abiding citizen nearby who would feel inconvenienced when their up to no good neighbors are getting their butts busted.

The other side of these raids, folks, is Americans applying for the jobs that the busted illegals can no longer do. That's the other side of the raids. And I, for one, would like to see a lot more of it. It's proof that the illegal cheerleading squads wrongly claim that illegals only do the jobs Americans won't do. The truth is quite different and recent events bring out that truth.

Send them all home, I say. Or better yet, take away their ability to make money and watch them leave on their own. :thumbs:

True, but from a purely selfish perspective if I was hassled by law enforcement, arrested or otherwise molested for no good reason other than how I look, I would complain. Screw the illegals, but law abiding citizens have a right to stand up for themselves.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

True, but from a purely selfish perspective if I was hassled by law enforcement, arrested or otherwise molested for no good reason other than how I look, I would complain. Screw the illegals, but law abiding citizens have a right to stand up for themselves.

it seems that the anti-illegal cheersquad is avoiding the fact that this lawsuit is made by US citizens, not immigrants, not residents, and there's no proof that they were harboring illegals.. happening to live in a hispanic community does not equal harboring illegals, besides it's their right to go live wherever they want, again, as I said before, I don't think noone who is in their right mind is gonna go knocking on all the neighbors doors to ask if they are legal or not to stay in the neighborhood..

the fact is that they got raided just because they had a hispanic lastname, and that is profiling, they entered the house withouth warrants, even worse.. noone is talking about the illegal immigrants in this issue, but rather how worrying is then for anyone with hispanic descent or their children to have a last name that 'looks like the ones illegals have' and justify the action of the law just because 'most illegals are hispanic, therefore you can be raided because you fall in that group, even though you are an US citizen'

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline

it seems that the anti-illegal cheersquad is avoiding the fact that this lawsuit is made by US citizens, not immigrants, not residents, and there's no proof that they were harboring illegals.. happening to live in a hispanic community does not equal harboring illegals, besides it's their right to go live wherever they want, again, as I said before, I don't think noone who is in their right mind is gonna go knocking on all the neighbors doors to ask if they are legal or not to stay in the neighborhood..

the fact is that they got raided just because they had a hispanic lastname, and that is profiling, they entered the house withouth warrants, even worse.. noone is talking about the illegal immigrants in this issue, but rather how worrying is then for anyone with hispanic descent or their children to have a last name that 'looks like the ones illegals have' and justify the action of the law just because 'most illegals are hispanic, therefore you can be raided because you fall in that group, even though you are an US citizen'

Of course, all you have at this point is what the plaintiffs allege in the lawsuit. Or has the actual trial brought out the complete details you state as fact? If a trial hasn't made that determination yet, then those "facts" are nothing but the complaint of the plaintiffs. Those may be true or false. I don't know. Do you?