dodgyJim73

Pre-paid envelope? Anyone completed their Sydney interview recently?

14 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I have my interview this Friday morning, it was just brought forward from Tuesday 24th to Friday 20th. Which is strange because they only do K-1 on Tuesday mornings, but at this time of the year I'll take it earlier on any day :)

My question is...we have to bring a pre-paid Platinum Express Post envelope with us to the interview but these have been discontinued by Australia Post. What pre-paid envelope did you take with you?

The Platinum Express Post envelopes have been replaced with the much more expensive Courier Post envelope, typical Aust Post gouging us some more. The Courier Post envelope has same day delivery, signature on delivery etc etc...everything that you want with extremely sensitive documents. So I'm guessing it's fine I just wanted to see what a few others did before I go and buy it.

Cheers!

Actually the embassy website just says a pre-paid envelope so I guess it's up to me what I decide to purchase. I'll get the ultra-secure delivery :)

Hi guys. I had my interview in early November. It was pretty straight-forward. Couple of things to mention:

1) Get there early, 730ish because it's first come, first serve. We were there at 7.45, second in line. Took about 2 hours in total.

2) If your spouse is in the country, bring them with you. The guy before us left his wife outside and they found this strange.

3) Interview is conducted at the counter. No privacy at all. But it quick, about 20min or so.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any specific questions, happy to answer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Mine was moved forward too! Maybe they were automatically scheduled for the Tuesday, without taking into account Christmas Eve? And are trying to free that day up?

I'm going the paranoid approach - small flat Express Post (suggested as a replacement by the AusPost staff), Express Post Satchel in case the first is not big enough, and I actually do have a Platinum satchel left over from my last visa application, 2 years ago. Figure something must be suitable! Also, as a side note - Platinum is/was NEXT day delivery, not SAME day. So I doubt they require that.

Malamaja - I assume its only first come, first served for each time slot? I mean, I have a 9:00am time so I can't really get there at 7:45...

2013-07-17: Filed I-129F
2013-07-19: NOA1 I-129F
2013-09-06: NOA2 I-129F
2013-10-29: Packet 3 (rec)
2013-11-26: Packet 3 (sent)
2013-12-05: Packet 4
2013-12-20: Interview (Sydney)
2013-13-30: VISA
2014-01-23: POE Los Angeles

2014-02-28: MARRIED

2014-03-28: Filed AoS
2014-04-03: NOA1
2014-04-29: Biometrics
2014-06-12: EAD/AP Combo Approved
2014-06-13: EAD/AP Combo Received
2014-07-10: Deadly Interview Waiver Letter

2015-01-31: Contacted local Congressman's office
2015-02-17: Congressman told "within four weeks"
2015-02-27: Received request for Vaccination page - again!
2015-03-05: Mailed new Vaccinations page
2015-03-09: GC Approved
2015-03-11: GC in Production
2015-03-18: GC collected by USPS
2015-03-19: GC delivered

2016-12-19: Filed I-751

Mine is at 9am on Friday so I'll just arrive at 8:45am. Some others that I've been chatting to on here have their interview on Tuesday 24th now, they've obviously back-filled our old spots :)

I got the regular express post 3kg bag and paid the extra $2 for signature on delivery. Glad I didn't buy the Courier Post, a waste of 20 bucks :)

Anna&Adam, if you see a guy there for the 9am slot with 1 black and 1 yellow folder, don't be shy :D

Good luck!

Timeline

Can someone link me to where they request an express post envelope? My interview is on Monday...and I must have missed this detail!!

Journey so far:

08/31/2013: Sent I-129F Packet

08/19/2013: NOA1 Received

09/08/2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

10/15/2013: USCIS reported change of address

10/15/2013: NOA2 Received

10/21/2013: NVC Received Packet

11/05/2013: Packet 3 Received

12/12/2013: Status Updated. Awaiting Packet 4 & interview date

12/14/2013: Packet 4 Received

12/24/2013: Interview -- APPROVED!

01/02/2014: Visa printed and arrived in mail.

FLIGHT BOOKED FOR 04/15/2014 <3

Timeline

Yes I have interview coming up to and would also like to know if the express post envelope is needed. As the Sydney Consulate had not listed it in the required documents in the packet 4 email, I thought it had been phased out?

I had a 10am slot.. Got there at 9:30. Long line in front of me. Turns out I was the last person to be seen.. (didn't get my interview til 12pm)... AND I got there half an hour early!! So I'd say it's definitely first come/first served. Good luck :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can someone link me to where they request an express post envelope? My interview is on Monday...and I must have missed this detail!!

Yes I have interview coming up to and would also like to know if the express post envelope is needed. As the Sydney Consulate had not listed it in the required documents in the packet 4 email, I thought it had been phased out?

This is a link to where it show the express envelope.. You'll need to scroll down to packet 4 details. Keep in mind this page is for K1 and CR1 so some info is not related to k1. So dont stress when you see forms listed that you haven't done smile.png

Damn typos.. need to cut my fingernails rofl.gif

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Australia&cty=Sydney

Edited by Ozgirl1981
Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Timeline

This is all I got in the email. No mention of the express post envelope.

The following items are required before your visa can be issued. Please refer to the list below of items that will be required on the day of your interview.

P PASSPORT: A passport must have at least 8 months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

P POLICE CERTIFICATES from United Kingdom (if you have resided there for more than 6 after reaching the age of 16 years old)

And Canada (if you have resided there for more than a year).

Submit the originals and one photocopy. Click here for instructions as to how you may apply, police instructions.

Submit the original and

Submit one photocopy

P FEES:

K Visa applicants this is NOT payable at the Consulate, please see our website for payment instructions. Bring the receipt for this payment to your interview.

P K VISA APPLICANTS ONLY: For the return of your documents (passport and visa package, once the visa is issued), please login to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html and create a profile. You must ensure you provide the address listed is where you wish to have the documents returned. It must be an Australian address.

Additional Information:

Immigrant visa processing times vary. There may be unexpected ineligibilities that become apparent only at the time of your interview which require additional time and processing. For this reason, you should not make any irrevocable arrangements, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or quitting your job, until after your immigrant visa is actually approved and issued to you.

Please ensure that the panel physician provides you with a copy of Form DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet as part of your permanent health record. You should hand-carry this document with your sealed visa package and any other medical paperwork, which you will only receive once your visa has been issued. If you did not receive a copy of the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet we can provide one for you at the time of your interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is all I got in the email. No mention of the express post envelope.

The following items are required before your visa can be issued. Please refer to the list below of items that will be required on the day of your interview.

P PASSPORT: A passport must have at least 8 months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

P POLICE CERTIFICATES from United Kingdom (if you have resided there for more than 6 after reaching the age of 16 years old)

And Canada (if you have resided there for more than a year).

Submit the originals and one photocopy. Click here for instructions as to how you may apply, police instructions.

Submit the original and

Submit one photocopy

P FEES:

K Visa applicants this is NOT payable at the Consulate, please see our website for payment instructions. Bring the receipt for this payment to your interview.

P K VISA APPLICANTS ONLY: For the return of your documents (passport and visa package, once the visa is issued), please login to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html and create a profile. You must ensure you provide the address listed is where you wish to have the documents returned. It must be an Australian address.

Additional Information:

Immigrant visa processing times vary. There may be unexpected ineligibilities that become apparent only at the time of your interview which require additional time and processing. For this reason, you should not make any irrevocable arrangements, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or quitting your job, until after your immigrant visa is actually approved and issued to you.

Please ensure that the panel physician provides you with a copy of Form DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet as part of your permanent health record. You should hand-carry this document with your sealed visa package and any other medical paperwork, which you will only receive once your visa has been issued. If you did not receive a copy of the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet we can provide one for you at the time of your interview

It's a good thing to read the Sydney Consulate reviews to find out what everyone else goes thru there.. Here's the latest one from yesterday.. it mentions the express envelope

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13509

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

The last official document I read about this is that you require a pre-paid 3kg satchel. I read some older forms that said Platinum but they don't do platinum anymore. I purchased the standard yellow and red 3kg express post one so I could track the package, I also paid a few extra bucks and made sure it has to be signed for as well. I figure with documents that are so important why wouldn't you make sure a signature is attached. At the pre-interview window yesterday I gave the woman the normal express post satchel and it was fine.

Also. When you create a profile and fill out the info on this site (https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?country=Australia) it saysthat you need to put in the address so the document delivery service can return your passport and documents to you. I found this very confusing, do we need an envelope or not? It also says no PO Box addresses on that website. I asked her if it could go to a PO Box and she said that it could because I brought my own satchel/envelope with me. If I hadn't pre-purchased one then they would send it to my home address by default and I have no idea what kind of envelope it would have traveled in. I shudder at the thought of my passport and those ultra-important documents going by regular mail.

My advice...buy the express post one so you can track it and pay the extra to make sure it has to be signed for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.