TEX_715

Ouch, Got the 221G for Administrative Processing

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

No request for additional evidence, just the lady at window number 5 asking odd questions:

Do you know "so and so"?

Have you ever been to Dubai?

Does your father have any other names?

She then said they will contact her with no timeframe given.

Filed: Timeline

Was it in English or Thai?

Any chance she could have been grilled which scared her off and she didn't answer the questions correctly?

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Since they didn't ask for additional evidence, all you can do is wait. I'd ask your girl to scan the 221g and send it to you, just so you know exactly what it says.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Yeah no help from the white co,lor 221g, it states in the other section:

Your case is under administrative processing and we will contact your once completed.

They kept only her medical and the original copy of her proof of birth.

Edited by TEX_715

Timeline

Well, the fact they didn;t keep her Passport doesn't sound encouraging, but like Karee says, all you can do is wait it out.

Anybody know, can they issue a RFE, and ask her to interview again?

The waiting game sucks. Not knowing sucks even more. Keep us posted.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, the fact they didn;t keep her Passport doesn't sound encouraging, but like Karee says, all you can do is wait it out.

Anybody know, can they issue a RFE, and ask her to interview again?

The waiting game sucks. Not knowing sucks even more. Keep us posted.

Probably not good to speculate too much here but I agree returning the passport isn't good.

They don't request info from here because they don't require anything from her. In cases like this that I have seen something happened to make them question something about her. Possibly background or probably the connection to what he calls Burma.

Again in cases I have seen the embassy sent message to the person indicating date and time of continuation of interview. I suppose they could send notification of a denial but I haven't known of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.