Sharkano

December Interviewees Please Post If You Get Courier Message

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, I'm going to be dangerously blunt here. Instead of constantly going around saying "woe is me, my visa is lost!" - TAKE CHARGE AND DO SOMETHING!

First step - Email the embassy every single day until they get off their backsides and either find your passport/visa or give you concrete evidence as to what they've done with it. Contact form is here: http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Second step - Get in contact with your Congressman/Senator. Give them all the details of your case, explain the Embassy has potentially lost your visa, that neither the Embassy nor the Courier is accepting responsibility and you're getting absolutely nowhere. Make it clear that this is keeping you two apart.

Third step - Speak to the DOS Visa Team on (202) 485-7600 and explain the same as above in Step 2.

Fourth step - If all of the above fails, get in contact with the Office of the Inspector General: http://oig.state.gov/ - Contact them on the grounds that what is happening is mismanagement.

Just like you claim. I don't know you. I don't know your case. And YOU do not know me or my case.

First step - It does no good to send multiple "emails/contact forms" to the embassy with the same thing. It just clogs the system. We've been in contact with the embassy themselves,the DOS, the NVC and the courier service...all of whom point the finger at the other saying that the other has the visa. I will say that they've all been very polite and helpful.

Second step - I've already been in contact with a Congressman and he has already responded with some assistance.

Third step - As I've mentioned...that's been done.

Fourth step - We have not considered this action yet.

As for me not "taking charge"...try again.

So, thanks for being blunt. Good luck with your life. Congrats on getting your visa/passport sooner than some.

Just like you claim. I don't know you. I don't know your case. And YOU do not know me or my case.

First step - It does no good to send multiple "emails/contact forms" to the embassy with the same thing. It just clogs the system. We've been in contact with the embassy themselves,the DOS, the NVC and the courier service...all of whom point the finger at the other saying that the other has the visa. I will say that they've all been very polite and helpful.

Second step - I've already been in contact with a Congressman and he has already responded with some assistance.

Third step - As I've mentioned...that's been done.

Fourth step - We have not considered this action yet.

As for me not "taking charge"...try again.

So, thanks for being blunt. Good luck with your life. Congrats on getting your visa/passport sooner than some.

Now who's not reading? I haven't got my passport back yet. It could all still go wrong for me as well especially with Christmas coming up.

With the Embassy, I'm also thinking there's one last shot with them you could attempt as well as speaking to the OIG. And that's to get hold of this woman:

http://london.usembassy.gov/ukdcm.html

She's essentially the boss of the day-to-day stuff at the Embassy. Looking at some of the tougher consulates around the world and the advice given to deal with them, you may have to get a letter to her, mark it "Private and Confidential". Explain that you have spoken numerous times to all parties and they are all passing the buck. Say this is keeping you two apart, make it damned clear this is completely unacceptable. If the people at the bottom give you no joy, you go to the top.

I'm also curious as to whether you've explicitly asked for a tracking number for the visa, or whether anyone's offered to give that to you. Surely if they have sent it on to the courier then they have to have some kind of record - e.g. the tracking number.

"What's yours is mine!"

You know what is really annoying? Starting in the summer, London (and the others I guess) added this automation and contracted a third party to take payments and schedule the delivery. It has been a big mess. Their online software is anything but intuitive, even though they tweaked it a few times. K1s don't know whether to pick immigrant or non-immigrant and they tweaked that too I think...going from one to the other. Instead of streamlining the process, it is worse. London couldn't be saving time because of all the confusion and mistakes people make then bombard them with questions and re-dos. Before summer, you used to interview then walk to the courier desk in the lobby and pay them directly. They gave you a tracking number. Within two days, the courier would text that your visa would be delivered next day. There was no contractor middle man sending emails or getting between you and the SMS delivery people. Most visas arrived a week or less after the interview. Progress indeed. We thought it would get the kinks ironed out and all would be better than before. Half a year has gone by and it is very inefficient.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Now who's not reading? I haven't got my passport back yet. It could all still go wrong for me as well especially with Christmas coming up.

With the Embassy, I'm also thinking there's one last shot with them you could attempt as well as speaking to the OIG. And that's to get hold of this woman:

http://london.usembassy.gov/ukdcm.html

She's essentially the boss of the day-to-day stuff at the Embassy. Looking at some of the tougher consulates around the world and the advice given to deal with them, you may have to get a letter to her, mark it "Private and Confidential". Explain that you have spoken numerous times to all parties and they are all passing the buck. Say this is keeping you two apart, make it damned clear this is completely unacceptable. If the people at the bottom give you no joy, you go to the top.

I'm also curious as to whether you've explicitly asked for a tracking number for the visa, or whether anyone's offered to give that to you. Surely if they have sent it on to the courier then they have to have some kind of record - e.g. the tracking number.

I am sorry for that misread. I do hope that you receive yours soon. The wait is pretty awful and I don't wish that on anyone. I am very thankful for the advice from you and others. It has definitely helped and it kept me sane to know that there are so many going thru the same process. I did enjoy your words.."If the people at the bottom give you no joy, you go to the top." Haha. I never mean to cause a ruckus but you are right. If my fiance does not hear anything next week, we will consider this action.

As for asking for the tracking number vs the visa, we have asked for both. There is a bit of hope that has shown thru, recently. We were in contact with a couple who had their interview the day before ours and they just received their tracking number via the payment site - no email or word from the embassy/courier. We checked ours with no luck. We feel a bit defeated but we'll hope again for next week.

Good luck to you and your fiancee. Happy holidays.

You know what is really annoying? Starting in the summer, London (and the others I guess) added this automation and contracted a third party to take payments and schedule the delivery. It has been a big mess. Their online software is anything but intuitive, even though they tweaked it a few times. K1s don't know whether to pick immigrant or non-immigrant and they tweaked that too I think...going from one to the other. Instead of streamlining the process, it is worse. London couldn't be saving time because of all the confusion and mistakes people make then bombard them with questions and re-dos. Before summer, you used to interview then walk to the courier desk in the lobby and pay them directly. They gave you a tracking number. Within two days, the courier would text that your visa would be delivered next day. There was no contractor middle man sending emails or getting between you and the SMS delivery people. Most visas arrived a week or less after the interview. Progress indeed. We thought it would get the kinks ironed out and all would be better than before. Half a year has gone by and it is very inefficient.

You know what's funny Nich? They still have the courier desk in the Embassy somewhere according to some of the reviews of the others here. So if you changed your mind and decided you did want it delivered on the day, you could ask to be directed to where they are and get it all sorted there and then apparently. I don't mind paying the fee online and now they've made it a bit clearer on the AIS site (Go to Immigrant, put your details in, and then when you add applicant you pick the K Visa option and put in the rest of the details like your appointment time and all that).

Still, I too wish the courier part had remained the same.

"What's yours is mine!"

Interview 9th Dec

Email 12th Dec for delivery 13th Dec (but i changed it as not convenient - delivered today as rescheduled)

Good luck in progressing things to those who are still waiting

1-130 - sent 30 July 2013
NOA1 - received 2 August 2013
I-130 approved - 27 August 2013
Pkt 3 letter arrived - 21 Sept 2013 (took bit longer because of mail redirect)
Phoned for medical appt - 23 Sept 2013
Medical - 24 Sept 2013
Pkt 3 returned - 15 October 2013 (cover letter requesting interview after 3 Dec due to travel)

Interview letter from Embassy reccd - 20 Nov 2013

Interview Date - 9 Dec 2013 - all went well

CEAC showed issued - 10 Dec

Email re courier - 12 Dec for delivery 13 Dec

(actually rescheduled delivery for 16 Dec as more convenient)

POE - fly in to Seattle 24 Dec

Interview: 10th Dec

Admin Processing: 11th Dec

Issued: 12th Dec

Courier Email: 17th Dec

Delivery Date (according to tracking info): 18th Dec

Looks like I'm having a day in then.

"What's yours is mine!"

And it's here at 11:45am. Package contained my passport with visa, the brown envelope with casefile, and a slip reminding me of the terms of the visa (e.g. must be used within 90 days and once it's used if I leave the country I would need to refile unless I had AP or my GC).

"What's yours is mine!"

Hi there. Fiancee interviewed on Dec. 16 (this past Monday) and today the CEAC site says "Administrative Processing." She's freaking out about that but I'm thinking it's just a part of the normal process. Am I right? AM I RIGHT? Anyway, I'm giving it until Friday and I hope by then it says "issued" or "ready" or whatever.

Hi there. Fiancee interviewed on Dec. 16 (this past Monday) and today the CEAC site says "Administrative Processing." She's freaking out about that but I'm thinking it's just a part of the normal process. Am I right? AM I RIGHT? Anyway, I'm giving it until Friday and I hope by then it says "issued" or "ready" or whatever.

She's freaking out. AP is a normal part of the process. It usually switches to "Issued" soon after which means the visa's in your passport.

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.