flowershoes

Fees?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Guys, at what point am I given an opportunity to pay the interview processing fee? I've sent my DS-160+packet 3 off to the consulate last week (I've not heard back from them yet), but I'm wondering when exactly they'll ask for their money? Or can I pay now? I'm super confused!

Journey so far:

08/31/2013: Sent I-129F Packet

08/19/2013: NOA1 Received

09/08/2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

10/15/2013: USCIS reported change of address

10/15/2013: NOA2 Received

10/21/2013: NVC Received Packet

11/05/2013: Packet 3 Received

12/12/2013: Status Updated. Awaiting Packet 4 & interview date

12/14/2013: Packet 4 Received

12/24/2013: Interview -- APPROVED!

01/02/2014: Visa printed and arrived in mail.

FLIGHT BOOKED FOR 04/15/2014 <3

Timeline

For me I paid it at Australia Post, then took the receipt to the interview. But I think maybe the procedure changed since then.

Yeah, at the moment I'm kind of just going by what information I'm given by the consulate and then bulking my knowledge with VJ entries, but as of yet I haven't heard anything about payment except over here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-visaapply.asp but I've not been linked there yet by official sources. Just want to get things right!!

Journey so far:

Hey flowershoes

Details regarding the payment of the fee are included in Packet 4 (your interview schedule).

It states via Packet 4 that you print off the Australia Post scanny thing and take that into Australia Post for payment. Well for me (in Qld) Australia Post wouldn't accept it and said something about having previously accepting it but didn't anymore because of some contract...?!?!?!

After panicking for about 3 hours and eating chocolate, I went back over the Packet 4 email and revisited the link to US Travel Docs http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html (I signed up the moment I got my Packet 4 per the US Consulate instructions) and updated the K-1 visa option and I was actually able to pay for the K-1 Visa online by Credit Card...huzzah!!. (FYI - The payment information wasn't available at the time I originally signed up because I wasn't able to choose K-1 Visa, therefore you may need to give it a day or so before that option pops up, or not.) A receipt for payment will be sent to your email, which you print off and take to the interview.

Anyway, hope that helps, especially if you encounter what I did...

Have a fantastic weekend.

Take care

cj

Timeline

Hey flowershoes

Details regarding the payment of the fee are included in Packet 4 (your interview schedule).

It states via Packet 4 that you print off the Australia Post scanny thing and take that into Australia Post for payment. Well for me (in Qld) Australia Post wouldn't accept it and said something about having previously accepting it but didn't anymore because of some contract...?!?!?!

After panicking for about 3 hours and eating chocolate, I went back over the Packet 4 email and revisited the link to US Travel Docs http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html (I signed up the moment I got my Packet 4 per the US Consulate instructions) and updated the K-1 visa option and I was actually able to pay for the K-1 Visa online by Credit Card...huzzah!!. (FYI - The payment information wasn't available at the time I originally signed up because I wasn't able to choose K-1 Visa, therefore you may need to give it a day or so before that option pops up, or not.) A receipt for payment will be sent to your email, which you print off and take to the interview.

Anyway, hope that helps, especially if you encounter what I did...

Have a fantastic weekend.

Take care

cj

Thank you, you are an absolute gem! This is a big load off of my shoulders :)

Journey so far:

• 2 weeks later...

As CJC said, that is exactly what I did also.

I paid online with my credit card, printed the website confirmation page, printed a screengrab of the browser and also printed the e-mail transaction receipt. The woman at the counter only wanted the e-mail copy but I took them all as I want to leave nothing to chance :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.