Rasenganguy

Which Consulat will my wife go to fo r CP?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone,

As usual I am very thankfull for your efforts on the forum and for your valuable solutions and directions. I am planning to fill I 130 for my wife (I am a LPR). My wife is a dual citizen (Moroccan and French citizenship). She was born in Morocco and lived there till the age of 7 and left Morocco permanantly and was living in France since then. My question is when the NVC fix for her an interview at the consulat. Will they ask her to do the interview at the Moroccan consular or the French one? Also will they ask her papers from Morocco or only France? I am asking those questions because it will be very difficult for her to go to Morocco since she knows little people there and nearly all her familly is in France.

I don't know how the NVC determine which consulat will the person go to. Thank you in advance for your valuable answers.

Regards,

Timeline

Thank you rocWhat address did you put on i-130? What consulate did you chose on i-130? Does she legally live in Morocco?

Thank you rocketman for your answer. I did not fill I130 yet I am just preparing the necessary papers to fill it. I am planning to put her address in France since she is living in France since she was 7 years old. No legally she lives in France. She was born in Morocco and lived there till she reached her 7th aniversary and left it permanantly. She travels once a year or two to Morocco though but just for less than a month's visit.

I did not know we can choose the consulate on the i-130?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

in i-130, Question ( tricky question) you write N/A in first and second column, and then in 3rd column (visa abroad) you put the city of the nearest consulate in FRANCE and write FRANCE as Country. Later when you get NVC case#, check the first 3 letters of it. The letter correspond to the consulate. You can do a search here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html to find the abbreviation for consulate in France.

If for some reason they assign a Moroccan consulate, call and tell them.

Also when you submit i-130 include an explanation sheet why your wife's address in French though she is Morocco citizen. Include a copy of her French legal residence permit or what ever they have to show her legal status in France

Timeline

in i-130, Question ( tricky question) you write N/A in first and second column, and then in 3rd column (visa abroad) you put the city of the nearest consulate in FRANCE and write FRANCE as Country. Later when you get NVC case#, check the first 3 letters of it. The letter correspond to the consulate. You can do a search here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html to find the abbreviation for consulate in France.

If for some reason they assign a Moroccan consulate, call and tell them.

Also when you submit i-130 include an explanation sheet why your wife's address in French though she is Morocco citizen. Include a copy of her French legal residence permit or what ever they have to show her legal status in France

I can't get what questions you are talking about? Which columns there is no table in the I130 form. Can you give me the question number? Are you talking about G-325a form? by the way she is a French citizen she has dual citizenship (French and Moroccan)

Edited by Rasenganguy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I didn't mean a table per se when I said column.

Question number 22. I am not going to type the whole thing. If you look at i-130 Q.22. you will understand what I mean my columns. It's formatted to look like column.

Timeline

I didn't mean a table per se when I said column.

Question number 22. I am not going to type the whole thing. If you look at i-130 Q.22. you will understand what I mean my columns. It's formatted to look like column.

OMG thank you rocketman. Guess what? I have never read it because when I read the bold title of question 22. I see that it does not apply to my case and I jump directly to question 23. That will teach me to always stuff that does not concern me too. Thank you again ^^

Her interview will be schedule at whatever country she is living right now. If she lives in france her interview will be in france since that is the address that you are given in the I-130

USCIS

05/21/13: Priority Day

09/09/13: VSC to NSC

09/17/13: Processing at NSC

10/31/13: RFE

11/07/13: RFE Sent

11/13/13: RFE Received

11/20/13: NOA2

11/26/13: Case sent to NVC

NVC

12/18/13: Case Received

01/10/14: Case# and IIN

01/17/14: Completed DS-261

01/21/14: Paid AOS fee

01/25/14: Paid IV Fee

02/17/14: Completed DS-260

04/07/14: Sent IV and AOS

04/25/14: Case Complete

CONSULATE

03/25/15: Interview

03/27/15: Visa Issued

04/01/15: Visa Available to pick up
04/02/15: Picked up visa

04/02/15: Paid fee on ELIS

Timeline

Thank you for your answers. Last question. Is there any chance they ask her to bring papers from Morocco? Can she just tell them that she doesn't live there anymore and she can't bring any paper from Morocco. I don't think they will ask her police certificate since she left Morocco at the age of 7.

When you summit the application what you need is her birth certificate, marriage certificate( a full translation of both certificates if it's not in english) a copy of your green card and social security back and front, and passport size pictures of both of you, the background has to be white. That's what I summited with my I-130

USCIS

NVC

CONSULATE

Timeline

When you summit the application what you need is her birth certificate, marriage certificate( a full translation of both certificates if it's not in english) a copy of your green card and social security back and front, and passport size pictures of both of you, the background has to be white. That's what I summited with my I-130

I am already preparing her marriage and birth certificates issued by the French authorities since I came back to France temporarly to marry her and translate all the papers from French to English. What scares me is at the day of the consulate interview they ask her for another birth certificate from Morocco since she can't go to Morocco get them. But she has a birth certificate and marriage certificate issued by the French authorities here.

The first part of this proccess is to get your I-130 approved. You don't provide any police records until your case is sent to the NVC. Go to this link it tells what you need for your I-130. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

USCIS

NVC

CONSULATE

But how does she have a birth certificate from France if she was born in Morocco?

USCIS

NVC

CONSULATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.