Karee

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I ran across this Bangkok embassy review from long:

She arrived early for her interview around 6 am and there was already a line about 15 people. She was first to be called for the interview and the CO had ask her why she only had 15 pictures of us together. The photos that we summitted were from Jan 2013 thru June 2013 with time and date stamps with the varies stages of her being pregnant. He didn't care about any other evidence of our relationship other than he wanted to see a lot of photos. He told her that the photos that we summitted wasn't her even though they were me, her, and her son. He had another CO come over to look at the photos and said they wasn't her which made her very mad. He asked her basic questions as what's your fiance name, how long have you know him, where does he live, and what does he do. As far as her son's interview they only showed him one of the photo's of us together and asked him does he know this man in the photo with him and his mom.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13281

For some reason Bangkok has a hard-on for pictures. This was the case in 2009 when my wife had her interview, and still seems to be the case today. I lived with my wife in Bangkok for 2 years, and gave them all kinds of evidence of this, but only a few pictures. They gave her 221g and made us submit more photos together. So, make sure you go crazy with the camera whenever you're together prior to the interview.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I ran across this Bangkok embassy review from long:

For some reason Bangkok has a hard-on for pictures. This was the case in 2009 when my wife had her interview, and still seems to be the case today. I lived with my wife in Bangkok for 2 years, and gave them all kinds of evidence of this, but only a few pictures. They gave her 221g and made us submit more photos together. So, make sure you go crazy with the camera whenever you're together prior to the interview.

This serves to indicate how strange BKK can be on a given day. We submitted zero pics . They never asked but it could have been because my husband was standing right there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good advise to be sure, but I suspect the strength of the packet as a whole is what matters. Just sending a bunch of photos without any other evidence will probably not get you approved. Likewise written evidence without photo proof of actually meeting won't get it done either.

Ning, how did your husband get inside for the interview?

Timeline

what does everyone think of pictures that show us not together but in the same spot because we passed off the camera. worth anything for proof?

They want pictures of you together.

Timeline

Good advise to be sure, but I suspect the strength of the packet as a whole is what matters. Just sending a bunch of photos without any other evidence will probably not get you approved. Likewise written evidence without photo proof of actually meeting won't get it done either.

Since we were IR-1, there was no packet. In IR-1/CR-1 cases there is no packet 3. They just send a letter (packet 4) saying show up on this date, bring the relationship evidence, and get the medical done. Everything else is submitted to NVC in the U.S. Police report, IV fee, Affidavit of Support etc.

Timeline

He was in the embassy I V section many times during the two years he was living in Thailand. At that time USCs were allowed inside to wait in the seating area. While there he was allowed to speak to the officer several times. On my interview date he was asked to come to the window to listen and was asked a couple of questions as a polite gesture.

Events inside the embassy in BKK and around the world changed the security levels to what we see now.

Timeline

Events inside the embassy in BKK

I heard that some K-1 applicant got denied at an interview at the BKK embassy, and the USC flipped out and attacked the interviewer. Not sure if that's true or not.

Timeline

I heard that some K-1 applicant got denied at an interview at the BKK embassy, and the USC flipped out and attacked the interviewer. Not sure if that's true or not.

Yes we heard some of this story. Don't know about the attack due to security devices including the interview windows.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thai people are always up for pictures. Heck some even go to the beach 5 hours away to get out of a car take a picture and bring it home to show what they did for the weekend. I think maybe with the Thai culture they think that if there's not lots of pictures there's little evidence. My wife takes pictures all the time and so does her friends in Thailand and across the world so I think that's why its semi important to everyone.

event.png

Timeline

From our experience the photos played a big part too. We front loaded our application with about 12 photos. When the CO came out he had the photos on top of the stack and started off the interview asking who, where, when, etc. We also had a nice little photo album as well that he went through. The CO then moved on to perfunctory, where did you meet, what's your fiance do etc.

Timeline

i separated my photos into 2 section

primary- photos of us together about 20 pictures

secondary- photos of us with the others family and separate photos of us at the same location just in case they wanna see more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.