Texas Bound

Frustrated with New Embassy Location!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just called the embassy to find out if fiancee can pick up packet #3. We dont want an appointment just come by & pick up the packet & drop off DS230. How hard it that????? Well it appears that the information window doesnt really exist anymore without an appointment. She told me to call back between 1:30-3:30 on Tuesday!!! Then she says have you contacted Airpak!!!! Clueless!!!! Great, so we lose a freakin week because they move to God knows where & now they wont answer questions on Monday!!!!! I just want to confirm receipt of the packet (DHL shows received 12/8). I just want to pick up paperwork. Any suggestions? None of my emails from last week have been replied to either!!!! Im trying to hang in there but I dont understand how hard it is to provide a clear quick answer!!! I dont want to send him 3-4 hours for nothing.

EMBASSY LOCATION CHANGE LINK:

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/u.s._embassy_changes_location

As a result of the move, effective December 8, 2006, no walk-in visa services of any kind will be provided. All persons seeking visa services, including nonimmigrant visa renewals and immigrant visa information, must have an appointment, without exception.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline

Well, still to no avail nothing provided via telephone. But, I emailed the embassy a few times last week & they responded today. They have provided fiancee with an appointment time for later this week to PICK UP THE PACKET. All listening. You will YES need an appointment time to pick up a packet.

Edited by Texas Bound

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A friend of mine has been waiting for 3 weeks now and today they tell her that they did not receive the DS-230 that was sent via airpak and signed by them. They told her to have him send another form and as soon as they receive they will schedule the interview. No appointment.

Who knows what is going on with them.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
A friend of mine has been waiting for 3 weeks now and today they tell her that they did not receive the DS-230 that was sent via airpak and signed by them. They told her to have him send another form and as soon as they receive they will schedule the interview. No appointment.

Who knows what is going on with them.

The address for him to pick up the packet is at 142 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6. Not the new one. Lets keep each other updated on this.

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I will let you know what happens. They said to send it to the new address.

She is trying to call. Needless to say she is very upset.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
I will let you know what happens. They said to send it to the new address.

She is trying to call. Needless to say she is very upset.

Darlene, here is my latest.

My sweetie drove 4 hours yesterday-- went & got the police record ordered. Then went for his 1pm Info. Window appointment to pick up Packet # 3-------------FORGOT to drop off the DS230. He had it already typed out by me & all he had to do was sign & leave it. Forgot...... I think he was so overwhelmed with waiting 2 hours & seeing the chaos with many many people outside that he got totally distracted or something. Crazy, crazy. You got to love 'em. At first I was like What, you didnt drop it off? But then God reminded me that this is new for him too & I need to be patient & patient & patient. Even though it was all typed out & I gave him a simplified (simplified) Instruction sheet. Patience, patience. Good luck on your Journey.

We are going to DHL the package with tracking (just as your friend did) & pray they get & say they get it. Dang it same boat.

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.