whitelove

Take how long to receive letter for the interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Vj Member

just want to check normally its take how long to receive the letter from the embassy for the K1 visa interview ? i did send out the visa payment and the document since last mth,am i been calling the us embassy to check out my visa statue but they only reply just wait, anybody out there can share with me your experience

Timeline

Looking at other recent Singapore K1 filers' timelines, it can take anywhere between a week to a month. Hang in there and keep bugging them for a date!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=161813

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=168899

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=165535

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Hi whitelove,

I sent my Packet 3 by registered mail last Oct 29 and they received it the next day.

I am also waiting for that letter...

Hopefully, it will come by this week or next week...

31/05/2013 : sent i-129f packet

07/06/2013 : noa1 email notification

10/06/2013 : received hard copy of noa1

19/08/2013 : petition approved

23/08/2013 : received hard copy of noa2

02/10/2013 : nvc case number

07/10/2013 : left nvc

10/10/2013 : received by consulate

21/10/2013 : petitioner received notice from nvc, beneficiary to fill up ds160

22/10/2013 : received packet 3

29/10/2013 : sent packet 3

18/11/2013 : received packet 4

04/12/2013 : interview - approved!

11/12/2013 : visa received

02/11/2014 : POE Chicago

Timeline

Hi whitelove,

I sent my Packet 3 by registered mail last Oct 29 and they received it the next day.

I am also waiting for that letter...

Hopefully, it will come by this week or next week...

Hi sis Maeley,

How did you you know that they recieved your documents.Did you give them a call or an email?

I am waiting also for my pocket 4.Hope we could recieve this week :)Goodluck to all of us.

TIA sis..

Timeline

Hi sis, I sent it by registered mail so I was able to track its status...

I did not email or call them...

Timeline

HI vj member

Thank for the reply,i send my package 3 tru normal postage,kind of worried due to there no respond from the embassy,and there no way for me to check the visa statue even i have the case number,i try to check from ceac.com under nonimmigrant if appear invalid applicant id and case number,if i go under immigrant if appear case creation date and statue update date,that make be more confused,K1 visa should be under nonimmigrant visa,i just hope that we all can receive the package 4 by this week..smile.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Asia: East and Pacific Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific, at this stage of process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

HI vj member

Thank for the reply,i send my package 3 tru normal postage,kind of worried due to there no respond from the embassy,and there no way for me to check the visa statue even i have the case number,i try to check from ceac.com under nonimmigrant if appear invalid applicant id and case number,if i go under immigrant if appear case creation date and statue update date,that make be more confused,K1 visa should be under nonimmigrant visa,i just hope that we all can receive the package 4 by this week..smile.png

although K1 *is* a non-immigrant visa, you have to select immigrant visa when checking your case status on the CEAC website. my status update date changed the day after i sent in packet 3 - which i assume meant they received my forms and scanned/touched my case. good luck and i hope you get your interview date soon!

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Hi sis, I sent it by registered mail so I was able to track its status...

I did not email or call them...

Thank you sis Maeley..I just tracked my documents and yes it was already delivered 2 days after I sent.One of my friend told me that she tried to email US embassy to asked about her pocket 4.She's just worried because it was already 3 weeks after she sent her documents and there's no reply at all so she tried to email US embassy and this was the responsed from them:

Dear Madam,

We regret that we are not able to schedule your interview at this time due to a backlog of K1 applications. We do not expect to schedule interviews for at least the next two weeks. Do note that depending on the volume of applications, it may take longer than two weeks to schedule your appointment.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Best Regards, Immigrant Visa Unit U.S. Embassy Singapore 6476-9100 singaporecon@state.gov

Timeline

UH OH :( hopefully, it will not take that long...

I know everyone is hoping to receive the Packet 4 soon...

I for one hopes to have my interview before the year ends...

Sis Smileyme, would you know when did she emailed and received this reply from the US Embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.