Bella27

RFE initial adjustment from b2

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

So i received one of those rfe's basically saying that they are unable to complete my aos without initial information. and then it goes on to say that based on the documents submitted the income did not meet the 125% and to submit evidence of assets that meets the standards or obtain a joint sponsor.

So the story is that my husband's primary job is a bellman at a hotel, so most of his income is tips, and he has another job as a can driver that he does part time. In hindsight I think that my mistake was that i submitted pay stubs from his primary jobs as proof of that job but i did not submit any proof of employment for the cab job. my husband only started driving the cab in may so he has not filed taxes as yet for this job.

Just wondering if anyone can advise as to what "initial information" i should submit to uscis?
if i am sent a request for initial evidence and i miss something wld i get the chance to submit additional evidence?

Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks alot

All they want is the petitioner (USC) to earn above 125% in a current tax year supported by pay stubs, w2s, letter from employer, bank account statements (or a combination of these), plus you need to submit at least last years tax return (2012), but you can also provide last 3 years.

If USC does not meet 125% threshold you'll need a co-sponsor to fill an additional i-864 and provide same documentation as the main sponsor (petitioner).

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Hey agnesb, thanks for the response. My husband does make the 125% between both jobs combined, but the only way we can manage to show the income for the cab driving right now is based on his trip sheets. Trip sheets are just sheets that u record each trip and how much is made for each trip, and u just have to do that every day basically, so it could add up.

Do you think the trip sheets as well as a letter from the cab company saying he is renting the vehicle from them would be sufficient?

Thank you in advance.

Im sorry I don't know if that would be enough maybe someone else can advise. I think if it was me I'd try to get a joint sponsor...but its your call. Good luck!

Edited by agnesb

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS Progress to WST-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Adjusting from B-2 visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.