xeon

Has anybody sent Chronopost International from France to NVC?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I could not post my question in France portal so I am asking it here. Has anybody sent Packet IV to NVC using Chronopost International from France? Is the NVC address for sure NOT a PO Box? What is the contact phone number for NVC?

All those questions trouble me since Chronopost will not deliver to PO Box and requires the contact phone number of receiver. I am worried that I will see my package delayed and eventually sent back!

Has anybody sent documents to NVC using Chronopost? Did all went smooth?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi, we went thru all the process with the basic service with "la poste" and it went well, it just took maximum 5 days for each letter that we send. So dont spend a lot of money using chronopost.

Timeline

Hi, we went thru all the process with the basic service with "la poste" and it went well, it just took maximum 5 days for each letter that we send. So dont spend a lot of money using chronopost.

Thinking about it critically, I tend to agree with you. I needed some papers from my wife in states and she got it delivered to France within 5-7 days using the standard shipping. The same was true when I sent some cards and letters (sometimes it took bit longer though). All I wanted is speed+tracking+assurance but I see that it is too expensive compared to the standard service which works just well.

Timeline

Thinking about it critically, I tend to agree with you. I needed some papers from my wife in states and she got it delivered to France within 5-7 days using the standard shipping. The same was true when I sent some cards and letters (sometimes it took bit longer though). All I wanted is speed+tracking+assurance but I see that it is too expensive compared to the standard service which works just well.

Yes when we sent our i-130 via chronopost to Chicago....we paid like 52 Euros! Insane.

Our noa2 was just mailed monday! So now we are in the same boat as you...We were discussing the best/safest/fastest shipping. I appreciate this topic!

Edited by Michael85.asl

Living in France since 04/04/2013

Married: 06/07/2013

USCIS:

Filed I-130: 08/02/2013 (filed from France)

NOA1: Date accepted: 08/06/2013

NOA2: Date recieved email 11/04/2013

NVC:

Received our file: 11/08/2013

File # and IIN 11/19/2013

expedite granted 11/21/2013

mailed to Embassy 11/21/2013

Embassy:

Received files 11/25/2013 (DHL)

CEAC "ready" 12/04/2013

Received packet from Embassy 12/10/2013

Submitted DS-2001 "ready for interview" 12/10/2013

Interview 12/19/2013 -Approved-

POE 02/02/2014

Timeline

Yes when we sent our i-130 via chronopost to Chicago....we paid like 52 Euros! Insane.

Our noa2 was just mailed monday! So now we are in the same boat as you...We were discussing the best/safest/fastest shipping. I appreciate this topic!

Currently we are at the last stages of processing at NVC. They are reviewing the Affidavit of Support sent by my wife and a co-sponsor, and yesterday I sent the civil documents to supplement the online DS-260 form which I filled online. I agree, all this takes time. So we need loads of patience! :)

Timeline

Currently we are at the last stages of processing at NVC. They are reviewing the Affidavit of Support sent by my wife and a co-sponsor, and yesterday I sent the civil documents to supplement the online DS-260 form which I filled online. I agree, all this takes time. So we need loads of patience! smile.png

Oh I hope it has gone smooth for you and continues too. We were expedited for the USCIS stage, so I will re-submit the same documents for the NVC stage and see what happens. We already have all needed documents/translations/forms finished except the new DS-260/261 which as I understand are only online once they recieve our case.

Living in France since 04/04/2013

Married: 06/07/2013

USCIS:

Filed I-130: 08/02/2013 (filed from France)

NOA1: Date accepted: 08/06/2013

NOA2: Date recieved email 11/04/2013

NVC:

Received our file: 11/08/2013

File # and IIN 11/19/2013

expedite granted 11/21/2013

mailed to Embassy 11/21/2013

Embassy:

Received files 11/25/2013 (DHL)

CEAC "ready" 12/04/2013

Received packet from Embassy 12/10/2013

Submitted DS-2001 "ready for interview" 12/10/2013

Interview 12/19/2013 -Approved-

POE 02/02/2014

Timeline

Oh I hope it has gone smooth for you and continues too. We were expedited for the USCIS stage, so I will re-submit the same documents for the NVC stage and see what happens. We already have all needed documents/translations/forms finished except the new DS-260/261 which as I understand are only online once they recieve our case.

Thank you! Hope we get our case accepted and then get the interview date soon! That would be great news!

From my experience of F2A visa, the process is as follows. My wife submitted the I-130 form and within a month we got both NOA1 and NOA2. The case then was transmitted to NVC which processes in two independent flows: AOS of my wife and a AOS of a sponsor, DS-261 and DS-260 forms from me. Both AOS and DS-260 are possible only if the fees has been paid.

My chronopost tracking says that it entered USA yesterday. Hope NVC will receive it very soon and will start processing our case! Crossing fingers that everything goes smooth!

Bon courage pour vous aussi! L'attente c'est ne pas facile :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.