Jeff @ Missy

Home for Xmas (I130)? I don't think so

4 posts in this topic

I used one of the visa services and the processing times they told me for NOA2 approval at the time was 3-5 months. I live in the Philippines with my wife and child (CRBA processed with passport 8 months ago). I went back to the states to the home I had rented out and renovated it while was waiting for the NOA2 approval. I had called USCIS about 4+ months ago and they said it was taking 6-7 months (NBC) so I locked up my home and came back to the Philippines. Now is 7+ months and case not touched. Now I am paying utilities and internet etc in two places with no end in sight. I wonder if I should have done the DCF route as I have been a resident for over 3 years?

This pushing the date out further and further really sucks for making any kind of plan. I have been ridding myself of my possessions here in the Philippines thinking I would be at my home in the states by Thanksgiving, haha...jokes on me. Just waiting for my heating bill to start kicking up in my empty house. I am sure it will be a white Christmas without me.

I used one of the visa services and the processing times they told me for NOA2 approval at the time was 3-5 months. I live in the Philippines with my wife and child (CRBA processed with passport 8 months ago). I went back to the states to the home I had rented out and renovated it while was waiting for the NOA2 approval. I had called USCIS about 4+ months ago and they said it was taking 6-7 months (NBC) so I locked up my home and came back to the Philippines. Now is 7+ months and case not touched. Now I am paying utilities and internet etc in two places with no end in sight. I wonder if I should have done the DCF route as I have been a resident for over 3 years?

This pushing the date out further and further really sucks for making any kind of plan. I have been ridding myself of my possessions here in the Philippines thinking I would be at my home in the states by Thanksgiving, haha...jokes on me. Just waiting for my heating bill to start kicking up in my empty house. I am sure it will be a white Christmas without me.

You would be better off canceling and starting over with a DCF. April filers time is around the corner, that is, if these service center transfers are a genuine attempt to clear the backlog. Then again, the NVC is slowing down these days, I think. Look around and see how long they're taking these days vs. DCF.

That visa service is so incredibly incompetent for not recommending DCF in the first place. In their defense, back then it was all smooth, but they should have known just how unpredictable USCIS can be. Case in point: the clusterf*ck we're all stuck in.

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

You would be better off canceling and starting over with a DCF. April filers time is around the corner, that is, if these service center transfers are a genuine attempt to clear the backlog. Then again, the NVC is slowing down these days, I think. Look around and see how long they're taking these days vs. DCF.

That visa service is so incredibly incompetent for not recommending DCF in the first place. In their defense, back then it was all smooth, but they should have known just how unpredictable USCIS can be. Case in point: the clusterf*ck we're all stuck in.

Yes, I am an April 1st filer (fool for no DCF) Funny thing also when I finished my petition I was maybe 200 meters from the entrance to the Embassy in Manila and I had been there earlier that morning. I ran around trying to find a courier that would deliver to a PO box, they don't deliver except Philpost who is the slowest..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.