kitthekat

Singapore K1s

516 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I need to do the DS-160 online and wondering what document I should have in hand before I start answering the questions. And also regarding the payment, I saw a couple of applicant made their payment at Standard Chartered Bank. Must it be at StandChart? Can we do it via other means. I intend to do this tomorrow. Also, for those who have successfully did the DS-160, can anyone assist in the steps. It definitely helps a lot.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

We're on the same boat, hopefuLLy others wouLd heLp us about the ds-160..

I've prepare my passport,bc,info regarding about me&my fiance before I'LL fiLL-up the ds-160..

Timeline

Hello,

Can someone tell me how long does it takes for the interview to be called after I have submitted the acknowledgement letter to the emabassy. Is there a way for me to check online on the status?

Thank you.

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I just realised that I have to schedule appointment online or is it not? I have wasted 2 weeks of the time if I need to. Sigh! And I tried to create/register online for a new user in order to schedule for appointment and I cannot do it as there's system error. Can someone help me with this. I'm so frustrated now. Is there a number I could call for support?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I just realised that I have to schedule appointment online or is it not? I have wasted 2 weeks of the time if I need to. Sigh! And I tried to create/register online for a new user in order to schedule for appointment and I cannot do it as there's system error. Can someone help me with this. I'm so frustrated now. Is there a number I could call for support?

Thanks in advance for any help!

An interview will be scheduled for you, unless they have changed their policy. It may take a while for you to receive a letter to notify you when the date is - it could be soon or in a few months time, all depends on their availability due to the influx of interviewees. If you're anxious to know when the interview date is, you could always call up USCIS or the us embassy to find out.

K1 Visa Timeline

Mar 21, 2014 - I-129F Package Sent

Mar 27, 2014 - Email Received case accepted and routed to CSC

Sept 25, 2014 - I-797 NOA 1

Oct 6, 2014 - NOA2 (issuance of USCIS Receipt Number)

Oct 10, 2014 - NOA2 received

Oct 25, 2015 - Packet 3 Received

Oct 29, 2014 - Packet 3 sent & TH COC requested

Nov 3, 2014 - SG COC requested

Nov 14, 2014 - SG COC Collected

Nov 20, 2014 - Vaccinations & tests for Hep B, chicken pox)

Nov 24, 2014 - Vacinnations round 2

Dec 2, 2014 - Medical @ Drs. Horne & Chin

Dec 3, 2014 - Packet 4 received

Dec 4, 2014 - Requested to defer Interview date (TH COC not recv'd)

Dec 18, 2014 - New Packet 4 received

Jan 28, 2015 - Interview @ US Embassy SG

Feb 2, 2015 - Passport received

Apr 3, 2015 - Arrival in USA

AOS Timeline

Apr 4, 2015 - Applied for Marriage License

Apr 7, 2015 - Applied for SSN

Apr 21, 2015 - Recv'd SSN card

Jun 18, 2015 - AOS Application sent

Jun 26, 2015 - USCIS Receipt SMS Notification recv'd

Jul 1, 2015 - I-797C NOA (Biometrics apptmt) rec'vd

Jul 24, 2015 - Biometrics done

Aug 26, 2015 - NOA 2 (EAD) recv'd

Aug 26, 2015 - Combination AP & EAD card recv'd

Sept 18, 2015 - Applied for name change on SSN

Nov 2, 2015 - Received new SS card with married name

Nov 10, 2015 - Received green card :dancing: :luv:

We're on the same boat, hopefuLLy others wouLd heLp us about the ds-160..

I've prepare my passport,bc,info regarding about me&my fiance before I'LL fiLL-up the ds-160..

Hey there, DS160 online application form is to fill up your particulars, information such as your name, date of birth, passport number, parents' names, family information whether you have relatives in United States, point of contact in US, work and education information etc. There is also a section where you are required to fill up questions like security background information such as Have you ever committed a crime, terrorism etc.

You will also be required to upload your passport photograph in jpg to the form.

For more information you may refer to this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/frequently-asked-questions.html

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Hello Everyone,

I need to do the DS-160 online and wondering what document I should have in hand before I start answering the questions. And also regarding the payment, I saw a couple of applicant made their payment at Standard Chartered Bank. Must it be at StandChart? Can we do it via other means. I intend to do this tomorrow. Also, for those who have successfully did the DS-160, can anyone assist in the steps. It definitely helps a lot.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

You will have to pay by the options given in this link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/sg/sg-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Standard Chartered no longer provides the service since last year November.

Remember to sign up https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Singapore

Edited by Roy&Chanel

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

Hey there, DS160 online application form is to fill up your particulars, information such as your name, date of birth, passport number, parents' names, family information whether you have relatives in United States, point of contact in US, work and education information etc. There is also a section where you are required to fill up questions like security background information such as Have you ever committed a crime, terrorism etc.

You will also be required to upload your passport photograph in jpg to the form.

For more information you may refer to this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/frequently-asked-questions.html

Thanks for the info.. :)

Thanks for the info.. :)

No problem. A reminder to all Singaporeans to update ICA your USA residence address within 28 days. I will just copy and paste what I have from my previous email liaison with ICA. They will send out a sticker and just paste over your IC. It took 1 month to reach me.

I have also asked since I'm staying in a rented apartment, they still do require us to keep updating them our residence of address. I wonder how many stickers I'm going to paste over and over my IC in future O_O

Also, if you still need to check CPF etc that requires Singpass, and you do not have a Singapore local number by then, you will need to inform Singpass by email and they will provide you a "no local number" login.

Under the National Registration Act, an Identity Card (IC) holder is required to report his/her change of residential address (the place a person physically resides) within 28 days, including changes to a place of residence outside Singapore.

If an IC holder is residing overseas, the IC holder could report a change of address to his/her overseas address. For such, there is no need to provide documentary evidence to report to an overseas address. The IC holder may request in writing to update his/her address through email address (here's the email I sent to: ICA_Feedback@ica.gov.sg) or by post to ICA at the following address:

Director

Citizen Services Centre

National Registration Office (NRO)

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority

10 Kallang Road #03-00

Singapore 208718

The IC holder is required to furnish us with his/her full name, NRIC number and overseas address in his/her request.

Upon receipt of the request, we will update the new address in our database and the address sticker will be sent to the IC holder’s overseas address by post to be affixed onto his/her identity card. The IC holder is required to report the change to his/her Singapore address when he/she returns to Singapore permanently.

The overseas address via OSCARS will be transmitted to participating Government and Statutory organisations for them to update their own address records where applicable. Thus, the IC holder does not need to report the residential address to these agencies separately.

*Note: The IC holder should notify the private institutions and non-participating government agencies with which he/she has dealings of the change of address separately.

For more information about update Change of Residential Address in IC for Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents residing overseas, kindly refer to: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=142&secid=72

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I received my Packet 4 today. Is there any specific process that I need to do. I am sooo relying on this site to tell me what to do. Sigh! Sorry, anxiety attack! Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I received my Packet 4 today. Is there any specific process that I need to do. I am sooo relying on this site to tell me what to do. Sigh! Sorry, anxiety attack! Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Hi! Just have to prepare the necessary documents for the interview. Btw,when is your interview date? Mine wiLL be on JuLy 13.. ALL the best for us.. :)

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Hi! Just have to prepare the necessary documents for the interview. Btw,when is your interview date? Mine wiLL be on JuLy 13.. ALL the best for us.. :)

Hi Emmie,

Thanks for your prompt reply. My interview is scheduled for July 12. All the best to you too. Cheers!

Hi Everyone,

Hi Emmie,

Thanks for your prompt reply. My interview is scheduled for July 12. All the best to you too. Cheers!

Hey ladies! Good luck with your upcoming interview.

Remember to bring along the necessary documents, especially tax returns, affidavit, bank statements, bring along your own bank statements if your fiance is only slightly above poverty guideline or has a job change.

You might want to refer to a few pages back on the list of things I've brought with me during interview, but was way tooooooooooo much. (Kiasu)

Keep us updated!

Timeline

Hey ladies! Good luck with your upcoming interview.

Remember to bring along the necessary documents, especially tax returns, affidavit, bank statements, bring along your own bank statements if your fiance is only slightly above poverty guideline or has a job change.

You might want to refer to a few pages back on the list of things I've brought with me during interview, but was way tooooooooooo much. (Kiasu)

Keep us updated!

Thank you so much! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My Visa approved today!

Thank you to everyone who have given so much assistance and guidance. It really made a lot of difference with all those pointers.

Cheers!

Edited by AU150703

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.