louiejane2903

IR spouse visa

7 posts in this topic

hi!

i am a newbie here..i register be able to ask questions regarding my hubby's IR spouse visa petition. i hope somebody can explain to me or maybe would answer my question/s.

1. how long will it take for me to receive the DS-230 forms since we just sent the IV fee bill last Dec. 4, 2004? ;)

2. how many months more before my interview? :unsure:

thanks!

A reply will be appreciated. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome & congrats - you are almost done :)

1 - I'm not sure how long it takes to receive the DS230, but if you look at the link below, it explains how you can generate it yourself if you or your husband feel comfortable doing that - it will save the waiting for it. Or even if you choose to wait you can have everything ready to go when it actually arrives:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

As for how long to interview, by looking at the VJ timelines, it looks like Phillipines is running about 290 days average after the NOA2. Try checking out the regional forum and talking to other people going through the Phillipines.

Good luck!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

OK, i might try the shortcut ..what else needed with DS-230 ..is just photocopy of biographic information of my passport? am i going to send it to the address in the coversheet of DS-230?

thanks..

PS. my case was filed last 11/22/05 and approved last Sept. 11, 2006.

A reply will be a big help. :thumbs:

hi!

i am a newbie here..i register be able to ask questions regarding my hubby's IR spouse visa petition. i hope somebody can explain to me or maybe would answer my question/s.

1. how long will it take for me to receive the DS-230 forms since we just sent the IV fee bill last Dec. 4, 2004? ;)

2. how many months more before my interview? :unsure:

thanks!

A reply will be appreciated. :thumbs:

sorry ..typographical error...we sent the fee bill last Dec. 4, 2006 not 2004.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The documents that are required to be submited with the DS230 varies depending on the country. Some countries it is just the bio page of the passport. I'm not sure about the Phillipines, sorry. I know I have seen this question asked recently, but probably your best bet is to check in with the forum for the Phillipines. :)

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

The documents that are required to be submited with the DS230 varies depending on the country. Some countries it is just the bio page of the passport. I'm not sure about the Phillipines, sorry. I know I have seen this question asked recently, but probably your best bet is to check in with the forum for the Phillipines. :)

okeis..a big thankies :lol:

~*toodles*~

OK, i might try the shortcut ..what else needed with DS-230 ..is just photocopy of biographic information of my passport? am i going to send it to the address in the coversheet of DS-230?

thanks..

PS. my case was filed last 11/22/05 and approved last Sept. 11, 2006.

A reply will be a big help. :thumbs:

Here is the post from the Consular page.

It tells everything you will need for the CR1 & IR1.

Hope that helps, I was just wondering the same thing yesterday.

So Good Luck...Randy

When a beneficiary is eligible to apply for an immigrant or fiance(e) visa (that is, priority date becomes current and/all the pre-processing requirements have been met), the National Visa Center (NVC) queues the beneficiary for a visa interview. The NVC will send the applicant a packet with the visa interview appointment, information, the application forms and a list of the required application documents. It is important that visa applicants submit documentary requirements to NVC to be documentarily qualified for the visa interview, otherwise they will be found ineligible for visa issuance and be asked to return to the Embassy for another appointment. The basic documents that an applicant must submit are:

PASSPORT valid for at least six (6) months.

DS-230 Parts I and II: Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Forms. These forms are sent to applicants along with their appointment letters. Each family member applying for an immigrant visa is required to complete these forms.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Copies must be issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper. Copies are needed for beneficiaries, derivative family members and Philippine-born petitioners. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 or visit their e-census webpage to inquire about how to secure a birth certificate.

NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” NBI is located along Taft Avenue in Manila. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for a year from the date it is issued.

POLICE CERTIFICATES. A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years old. Information on how to secure police certificates from countries where these are available may be obtained by contacting U.S. Embassy Manila’s Immigrant Visa Branch, or an Embassy/Consulate of the country from which the Police certificate is required.

The State Department's Visa Office offers online information on availability of country documents including police certificates through its Country Document Finder. Click on the letter that begins the country name, select the country and scroll down to "Documents".

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. If married in the Philippines, a copy of the marriage certificate issued by the National Statistics Office and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted.

PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE. As applicable, official documents that prove all prior marriages have been legally terminated must be presented. This may be an annulment decree or a copy of a death certificate issued by NSO and printed on NSO security paper, a foreign divorce decree, or foreign death certificate whichever is applicable.

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR) - If never married, a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 or visit the NSO webpage at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp to secure a CENOMAR (Singleness).

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE OF IDENTITY AND/OR RELATIONSHIP. Applicants should be prepared to submit documents that further establish their identity and/or their relationship with the petitioner or the principal applicant. Personal photographs with family members together, taken over a period of time may help to establish the existence of a relationship. Personal correspondence, home telephone records, bank records, proof of joint property ownership and/or joint financial obligations, original baptismal records, medical record and adoption decrees are often useful.

EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (AOS). The I-864 AOS is required for visa applicants in all family-sponsored categories (IR and F) and certain E visa categories. The I-864 AOS is NOW VALID INDEFINITELY ONCE IT HAS BEEN SIGNED AND NOTARIZED (this is a change from the previous requirement of being good for one year only). In other words, applicants will no longer need to submit a new I-864 AOS or tax forms simply due to long processing delays between the date of the signature and notarization of the I-864 AOS and the date of the interview.

Additionally, petitioners (or cosponsors, if needed) filing an I-864 AOS are required to submit ONLY ONE YEAR'S TAX RETURN, CURRENT AS OF THE DATE THE SUBMITTED I-864 WAS NOTARIZED (this is a change from the previous requirement of submitting tax returns from the three most recent tax years).

The actual signed and notarized I-864 AOS must be an original copy. However, faxed copies of tax returns are acceptable.

Click here to read more about the required I-864 Affidavit of Support (NOTE: THE RECENT CHANGES IN I-864 AOS REQUIREMENTS ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED ON THE MAIN U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE WEBSITE)

Form I-134 Affidavit of Support.

The I-134 Affidavit of Support is required for returning residents (SB-1), fiancé(e)s or spouses of U.S. citizens (K1, K3), children of K1 and K3 applicants, spouses and children of LPRs, applicants with special immigrant status, and follow-to-join derivative family members of employment-based (E) applicants. A copy of the sponsor's most recent Federal income tax return (Form 1040) should accompany the I-134. Fax copies of the ITR are acceptable.

10. VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. Two (2) colored photographs printed according to specifications, provided in the visa application packet.

Employment-based applicants require the following additional documents:

Official Job Offer with the salary stated from the potential U.S. employer

Visa Screen Certificate (for nurses and physical therapists)

Old and current professional identification cards

Any document not in English must be accompanied by an English translation. A competent translator must certify the translations.

Consular officers may require additional documentation to adjudicate your application.

Consular officers may ask to see originals of documents. The applicant may submit a photocopy of a document along with the visa application but should bring the original document for the officer’s inspection.

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.