mrss13

Sent to AP for having a common name (CR1 Seoul). I'm devastated. Help!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello to all. I have a similar situation to some of you guys - upon a simple request for renewal of a non-immigrant B1/B2 visa. I am from Brazil. Have had a valid visa for more than 20 years, constantly renewed, and have traveled once a year for the last 10 years on business and tourism. Last August I was just placed in AP for "having a common name in the system". Almost three months have passed and, even though I submitted all information they requested by mail, the process has not even been updated upon checking at the CEAC website. I have asked politely the Consulate in Sao Paulo several times and have been given only automatic replies that my case is "undergoing necessary administrative processing". I was planning a trip to Florida in December, but will have to change my plans because of this. I still cannot understand why this, because I do not feel my name is common. I have an Italian last name and plain Portuguese-Brazilian composite first name, so this is not supposed to be common at all, nor should raise any flags in their system...

Hello again to all. After exactly 60 days of my interview, the CEAC website showed an "update" yesterday. So far no contact at all from the Consulate. Is this a good sign? My expectations grew again... Would like to know what to expect based upon others past experiences. Thanks!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Zefaster the only thing you can really do

is wait. They usually update twice a week,but

thr is.nothing you can do. I email them every weekjust to

remind them were still here. I just get an automatic answer. Thr are ppl

that has been waiting for over a year. My husband interview was aug 6,2013.still on ap

Filed: Timeline

Zefaster the only thing you can really do

is wait. They usually update twice a week,but

thr is.nothing you can do. I email them every weekjust to

remind them were still here. I just get an automatic answer. Thr are ppl

that has been waiting for over a year. My husband interview was aug 6,2013.still on ap

Thanks Bankerbox69 for your kind reply.

It is interesting to note that my case was a visa renewal. CO said to me "have a nice trip" in the first visit. Then I was recalled for an interview, and placed in AP. First interview Aug 8th, second Aug 30th. No updates since Aug 30th. Now CEAC shows update on Oct 31st. This really surprised me, but I am trying not to grow expectations. We are supposed to spend the holiday season in Florida, but... Anyway, thanks again and luck to you and your husband. Hope we all get the visas on time!! Regards

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ya!!!!! My husband got another review.after being on AP for 6 months . Was told

told to bring a new police report,and new physical. Although I think

It's unfair for us to have to pay 500.00 again for a physical that was

Just done in July,But God is still good. Pray you all that this is it. I got

My congressman involved.

Ya!!!!! My husband got another review.after being on AP for 6 months . Was told

told to bring a new police report,and new physical. Although I think

It's unfair for us to have to pay 500.00 again for a physical that was

Just done in July,But God is still good. Pray you all that this is it. I got

My congressman involved.

now medical expired in 6 months .i also give them medical after 6month

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.