cokebbeh

Phone Cards to Africa

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I checked Pingo's rates and it is several cents higher than the one I am using.

www.call-sierraleone.com .......it is for all countries, don't let the name fool you.

No connection fees, no hidden charges, itemized call record print out on request, pinless dialing, excellent customer service, check it out if your country may be cheaper than Pingo

with this card.

I signed up with pingo and my experience has not been nice. Anybody have to wait for 24 hr verification before using service?

I used two different debit card accounts to sign up and they have a hold on $100.00 worth of my money. On December 20th, I signed up and I kept entering my card information. For each time I did that it put the money on hold in my account. They even sent me an email saying they noticed I started but did not complete process. I gave up after the fourth try and figured I would just try using card from another account on Dec 22nd.

It registered that card information without any problem. I found out about issue when I went out to make a purchase and the card declined. I knew I had money on this card, so I called company and was told that I had four charges on hold with Pingo for $20.00.I am pissed :ranting::ranting::ranting: because I called them first I was told that I would have to wait til Tuesday to talk to someone in billing I was like.....I don't think so..... he then told me that I could send an email to verification and they would answer. Still not happy about this, I called back to ask to speak to supervisor thats when I found out about the 24hr verification. I was told the second time that the matter will resolve it self. I have sent numerous emails to Pingo and no one has responded. I will get this resolved on Tuesday for sure.

Felshen I gave your e-mail address to recieve the credit but, after I could not get a resolution to my problem I won't be dealing with Pingo as that was unacceptable.

Edited by forchika

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Timeline
I signed up with pingo and my experience has not been nice. Anybody have to wait for 24 hr verification before using service?

I used two different debit card accounts to sign up and they have a hold on $100.00 worth of my money. On December 20th, I signed up and I kept entering my card information. For each time I did that it put the money on hold in my account. They even sent me an email saying they noticed I started but did not complete process. I gave up after the fourth try and figured I would just try using card from another account on Dec 22nd.

It registered that card information without any problem. I found out about issue when I went out to make a purchase and the card declined. I knew I had money on this card, so I called company and was told that I had four charges on hold with Pingo for $20.00.I am pissed :ranting::ranting::ranting: because I called them first I was told that I would have to wait til Tuesday to talk to someone in billing I was like.....I don't think so..... he then told me that I could send an email to verification and they would answer. Still not happy about this, I called back to ask to speak to supervisor thats when I found out about the 24hr verification. I was told the second time that the matter will resolve it self. I have sent numerous emails to Pingo and no one has responded. I will get this resolved on Tuesday for sure.

Felshen I gave your e-mail address to recieve the credit but, after I could not get a resolution to my problem I won't be dealing with Pingo as that was unacceptable.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the cynical part is that I recieved your credit right away when you applied.. It takes usually a day to verify. I even have to verify when I change my CC . It is a security measure to ensure that there is no CC theft occuring. They should have the situation rectified shortly. I feel bad because I told you about the site. I apologize for not mentioning the verification process, although they do give you a $5 credit when you sign up until the card is verified so that you can make calls during the process. The dept that handles verification is different from the dept that is customer service. I am sure that they will address the issue and start the process to credit the extra funds back to your card on the next available business day. I too experienced a similiar problem when I first signed up.

Edited by felshen
.png

I also just went to pingo and I show that yesterday they did something to your acct becatus I thought the credit went thru on the 20th but it just says tried but on the 22nd it says signed up. so maybe they are making the corrections needed. your initials are JR right.. I didnt want to post your name as I am not sure that you are comfortable with that.

.png

Yes my initials are RJ, it's okay it happens sometimes. I liked everything else about Pingo I even used the credit on the Dec 22nd to make call. I was not upset until I was not able to resolve my issue. It's all good!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

When I signed up for pingo, it states clearly on the site that they make you wait 24 hours to use your time, and you may use the 5 dollars that they give you for free, right away. After I submitted all my information, I got an email from them, saying to call or email them to verify that it is really me. Ok so I tried to call and they happend to be closed that day, so I sent an email with what they requested and within a couple hours I received an email back saying that my CC was approved and I can begin using the time. I quite remember reading on the site before I clicked the button for submitting my CC info. that it said ONLY click it one time, so that you will only be charged but one time.

I am really enjoying the service, although a few days ago, Kwabena travled to Oda, and we kept getting cut off every couple minutes. He was able to call me, so I know his phone was working, anyway I don't know what was going on, but as soon as he returned to Accra, it was working fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.