jmana

Need help with ustraveldocs.com Process

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Okay, I am completely confused by this whole K-1 visa process. Everything was approved with the NVC and according to the DOS when I called everything has already been sent to the Embassy in Moscow. Now when I called she said they would be sending my fiancee a package with the instructions and interview date. Well that conflicts with what the Embassy website says. It says to go to the ustraveldocs.com site and schedule the interview and put in an address where to have the completed visa sent to. Well here's where I really get confused. This site takes me to a cgifederal.secure.force.com site and from there when I go to schedule for an immigrant K-1 visa, it's asking for passport info, which I assume they want her passport info, but then it asks for an address and it's in the form of "street, city, state, and zip code", so it's almost like they are asking for my info?? And what are they asking for with this "Priority date"? Is that where we enter the requested interview date? Also when I click on where it says to register the address for the visa delivery, it takes me back to the log in page even though I'm already logged in, and I never can get to anyplace where I can actually enter her address for delivering the completed visa. Hopefully someone has gone through this recently and can help me out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi!

You register on ustraveldocs website under Immigrant visa section and fill in all the details for your fiancee, not your info.

The address is the one for the delivery of the visa.

Priority date is a Received date on your NOA1 (look on VisaJourney search more about it).

Problem with being redirected to login page could be with your browser, try another one with reset settings. Or could be their website, try it another day?

First you create a profile, then you get to a delivery address, then you wait for the appointment letter from the U.S. Consulate in Moscow. May take around 10 days for them to receive a hard copy of your case and contact you.

They will send YOU, the petitioner, an email (with details on how to schedule an interview and necessary documents to obtain, you can look it up here now http://russian.moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html), no hard copy letters to your fiancee. You will need to forward it to her though, so she knows what to do smile.png

After that you can pay the fee (if you pay in dollars I guess you can pay earlier, if in Rubles wait till you get your appointment letter as Consulate's exchange rate changes).

Payment procedures are pretty clearly described here http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-paymentinfo.asp You will get a receipt (PDF emailed to you after paying by credit card) for it.

3 hours later (if you pay by credit card) you can schedule the interview as the next step on ustraveldocs. Print the confirmation page! You won't be allowed to the Consulate without it.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your interview :)

Edited by Vitaliy_and_Katya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.