Connie1

Vaccinations BEFORE medical

20 posts in this topic

Hello friends, my fiance is paying for all of this process. Being Dominican he does NOT like to spend his money, HOWEVER, with his current job he only has 6 consecutive days off from work, Is it possiable and EXCEPTABLE for him to go ahead and get all of his vaccinations BEFORE he goes and does his medical exam............. Yes, I know and understand we have a LONG WAY TO GO, but we are both they type who like to stay on top of things and ahead of the game as MUCH as possiable.

Thanks!

In order to get the medical done you need to have your interview letter or packet 4, you still have a long way to go, I just checked your timeline and you guys just send out you I-129. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, my thoughts to you is to keep reading how the process goes, best of luck to you.

1/2008 Met

11/2008 Became a couple

10/23/2010 Visited for the first time :)

12/31/2010 Proposed on New years Eve

4/8/2011 Visited for 2 weeks

12/22/2011 Our first Christmas together ♥

5/9/2012 I-129F mailed

5/11/2012 Received NOA1

5/15/2012 Visited again

11/13/2012 NOA2 text received

11/16/2012 NOA2 hard copy received

11/16/2012 NVC Received case

11/19/2012 NVC number assigned

11/20/2012 CASE forwarded to DR

11/30/2012 Cita (Interview) set for 1/16/2013

12/20/2012 package 4 received

12/28/2012 Medical Done

1/04/2013 Banco Popular paid

1/16/2013 Interview/Cita....APPROVED

ok .... yes i understand, that medical can NOT be done until he has his medical BLUE letter and packet 4!!! i was NOT ASKING ABOUT MEDICAL!!!! i was asking if he could go get his vaccianctions at any time he wanted........ from his regular doctor.

AND that if his shot re shot record would be vaild for medical!!!!!!

ok .... yes i understand, that medical can NOT be done until he has his medical BLUE letter and packet 4!!! i was NOT ASKING ABOUT MEDICAL!!!! i was asking if he could go get his vaccianctions at any time he wanted........ from his regular doctor.

Hello : ) he sure can :) just make sure he does not forget his vac. record! good luck, less money he will pay for Medical....

I believe you can get that done prior. Keep in mind there are vaccines that are needed every few months. Like the flu needs to be yearly. Hmmm maybe that's just it. Just make sure records are brought during the medical for the visa.

That's what i'm planning to do since i pretty much have all my vaccines done.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

ok! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I know that the bottom price will all be the same but my fiance does NOT see it as that, he and I both want as much done BEFORE, it is needed, incase something is to happen..... Job loss, getting packet 4 too late etc..... we just want to be prepared....

Thank you all so much

i think this is what is needed: this is what i found.......

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Infuenza

Influenza type B ( hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumoccal

Polio

Pertussis

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus AND diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

Thats what i found online...... however their could be more or less, I am NOT sure I am still researching.....

Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

• --o Mumps
  • --o Measles
  • --o Rubella
  • --o Polio
  • --o Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
  • --o Pertussis
  • --o Haemophilus influenzae type B
  • --o Hepatitis B
  • --o Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

i believe this is updated....... what i postewd above varies for the age... child verse adult! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think this is what is needed: this is what i found.......

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Infuenza

Influenza type B ( hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumoccal

Polio

Pertussis

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus AND diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

Thank you... =)

Thats what i found online...... however their could be more or less, I am NOT sure I am still researching.....

How will you know what vaccines he needs. Remember this is a place that is part of the immigration process and I would not go anywhere else to get vaccinated if it's not there. You don't want to pay money twice. and if you go outside I'm sure those vaccinations will not be in the documentation with the medical exam. Also with the I129f petition it is an obtion to get vaccinated not required since he is coming with a visa not a green card.

Yes they are optional but he will need them so best to get them now Their is a list of what he will need I also posted it here. In this forum

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What vaccines are need? Thank you =)

Hi, I got this from one of the links made by a K1 applicant from our country. Here is the link for your reference.

http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/review.html

And to quote her:

"Done with the vaccinations after 11 minutes. I got 4 just like what the doctor told me on my 1st day of examination. I got TDap, Hepa B, Flu, MMR

I was given this pre and post vaccination notice/precautions

The nurse kept my receipt then instructed me to go to the ground floor to get my results

The vaccination shot doesn't hurt when the nurse administered those to me except the Hepa B which was painful.. then the after effect of the hepa B vaccine and the other 1 that I couldn't identify which, is still a bit painful after 20 hours as of now.

So I got 2 shots on my left and right arm"

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I thought you couldnt get shots from anywhere else but the consultorio de visas..

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative (mother)

Date I-130 Sent : (2012-02-14)

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt)via email : (2012-02-21)

Date I-130 NOA1 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-02-28)

Date I-130 NOA2 (Receipt)via email : (2012-06-11)

Date I-130 NOA2 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-06-14)

Date Package Received By NVC : (2012-07-02)

ds3032(Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants): sent from mother's email address on 8/3/12. Approved on 8/10/12

AOS paid 8/5/12, IV paid 8/23/12.

ds230,i864ez,aos and iv receipt,documents(6 last pay stubs,job letter,beneficiary's birth certificate(certified and legalized),2 2x2 photos,police report(certified),w2 and transcripts from 2009-2011,copy of beneficiary passport.8/23/12

checklist received from NVC on 8/30/12- missing petioner's documents(marriage certificate,birth certificate,2011 transcript).

checklist sent to NVC by air on 9/1/12 to arrive on 9/4/12.

check list recieved on email 9/13/12 ( petioner INEXTENSA birth certificate and 2011 taxes transcript directly from IRS).

2011 taxes transcript (directly from IRS) sent on 9/12/12.Arrived 9/14/12

petioner birth certificate (INEXTENSA)sent on 9/13/12. Arrived 9/14/12

CASE COMPLETE 09/25/12

10/03/12 INTERVIEW assigned for 11/19/12 received letter via email later on in the day.

Medical done 11/06/12

Visa approved 11/19/12

VISA ON HAND 11/29/12 ( DELIVERED HOME)

POE 12/08/12- SAN JUAN,PUERTO RICO

F2A LPR petitioning for minor children

PD 8/5/13 , NOA2 8/27/13, CASE COMPLETE 3/5/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.