OneLove143

Where do i begin? New to this site. Interview next month.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I received the 751 interview letter not long ago so i decided to go online to find out more about what the interview will entail and I came across this useful website.

When it comes to the joint documents proof, we agreed to keep a lot of accounts separate for the time being. We have the basic certificates. In regards to our tax documents, each of us chose "married but filed separately" I assume bringing in these tax documents would help? My parents wanted us to move into their house as it is just my mom/dad that lives in this big house. Ever since she's been here, we haven't been on any major trips as we decided to get back to school and finish up with that first. I don't know what else they would ask other than reading what you all put from your experience.

I shouldn't have anything to worry about but the more and more stuff i read online, the more antsy i get as I have anxiety about big events such as this one. Worst case, what happens if we don't get approved? If we do get approved, how long before we find out? Does each state interview differently or does it just depend on who our interviewer is?

Advice, suggestions? Our interview is next month.

Edited by OneLove143

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I received the 751 interview letter not long ago so i decided to go online to find out more about what the interview will entail and I came across this useful website.

When it comes to the joint documents proof, we agreed to keep a lot of accounts separate for the time being. We have the basic certificates. In regards to our tax documents, each of us chose "married but filed separately" I assume bringing in these tax documents would help? My parents wanted us to move into their house as it is just my mom/dad that lives in this big house. Ever since she's been here, we haven't been on any major trips as we decided to get back to school and finish up with that first. I don't know what else they would ask other than reading what you all put from your experience.

I shouldn't have anything to worry about but the more and more stuff i read online, the more antsy i get as I have anxiety about big events such as this one. Worst case, what happens if we don't get approved? If we do get approved, how long before we find out? Does each state interview differently or does it just depend on who our interviewer is?

Advice, suggestions? Our interview is next month.

Mail addressed to both of you, insurances, emergency contacts at work, car title....church documents

A photo copy of your drivers licenses or state Id's if you dont drive showing the same address on both is one I included. Others to consider are few signed affidavits from friends stating they know you as a couple (there is an example of one on this site). any photos you have of the both of you taken over the past 2 years. As mentioned, any mail sent to your address for you and your spouse will bear the same address so those are good too. I dont know your faith but were there any christmas cards sent to you in the past 2 years addressed to Mr. and Mrs.?

Edited by little_g

7y6qm4.png
.....................................................................................................................................................
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

Thanks!

I will look for the friend affidavit form and try to use that. Also, once in the interviewing room, will they or could they ask personal questions to each of us such as sex life, etc? Or is that too personal? Maybe random questions such as pets, future kids name, etc?

A photo copy of your drivers licenses or state Id's if you dont drive showing the same address on both is one I included. Others to consider are few signed affidavits from friends stating they know you as a couple (there is an example of one on this site). any photos you have of the both of you taken over the past 2 years. As mentioned, any mail sent to your address for you and your spouse will bear the same address so those are good too. I dont know your faith but were there any christmas cards sent to you in the past 2 years addressed to Mr. and Mrs.?

I found the friend affidavit and im not 100% sure where to replace the prefilled information with my information so i revised it and put where i think i need to put mine or my friends name. Can you take a peek at this form and see if I did everything correct? Not sure on the top where it showed A###### what that represents.. Thanks again

USCIS_I751_Affidavit Friend.doc

Also, once in the interviewing room, will they or could they ask personal questions to each of us such as sex life, etc? Or is that too personal? Maybe random questions such as pets, future kids name, etc?

I havent been to an interview so I wouldnt know but I would imagine not a lot is off limits when trying to discover the ligitamacy of a marriage. They might sequester you and ask you both individually the same questions like when the last time you had intimate relations was or maybe all they ask is the color of your bed sheets and who cooked dinner last night and what was it. I guess it could be anything but I really dont know. All I know is I am not the least bit nervous about our ROC because I know I love my husband and entered our marriage in good faith with the intention of being together forever. Just try to relax as much as you can. A nervous disposition is a suspicious thing.

Not sure on the top where it showed A###### what that represents..

A####### is your Alien Registration number printed on your green card. it will have dashes in it like so... 000-000-000

Also saw the cover letter in the forms section as well, Would i need to have everything compiled neatly prior to presenting to the interviewer?

The more organized and carefully put together the better. My cover letter for evidence submitted listed everything in the packet. I tried to put it together in a way that I would want to receive something so that it is clear and easy to go through. you dont just want to show up with a shoe box full of papers, photos and reciepts. That would be frustrating. Bring copies of EVERYTHING as you will most likely have to leave the evidence submitted behind. You want that to be the copies not the originals I am sure.

Edited by little_g

7y6qm4.png
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.