Anonymous456

Medical and Interview coming up in less than a month. Gonna crap myself. Last clarifications help please?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, so my medical and interview are coming up. I am extremely nervous and excited. Every time I think about the interview its like I receive a shot of adrenaline and I get very jittery and nervous. From excitement I start pacing around the house back and forth.This happen to anyone else?

So, my questions and I need some final clarifications on;

1. For the Medical, my proof of vaccinations is a piece of paper from my high school listing the shots I received and the dates. Is this acceptable or does it have to be an OFFICIAL document? If they must be OFFICIAL where can I get them?

2. This is in P4;

*** IMPORTANT *** Interview Reminders
================================================================================
· Applicants may need to bring an additional police certificate to the interview. If the following three items
are all true, the applicant needs to bring an updated police certificate to the interview:
· He or she is more than 16 years old;
· He or she obtained a police certificate more than one year ago; and
· He or she still lives in the country that issued the police certificate.

My police certificate was done in Janurary of 2012, less than 1 year ago.. I do not need to get another police certificate correct?

3. They have all my original paperwork, during the interview is it best to ask for my orginals back and hand them over copies instead? What's easier and what would get me out of there faster? I don't really need anything original from them other than my 2 Birth Certificates.

4. As far as proof goes, I only have pictures. Will this suffice or should I dig deep and try to find call and text records as well? My wife and I do a lot of Skype and Tango. We never call each other due to long distance fees. First couple months cost us an arm and a leg :( so we stuck with face chatting.

5. I don't have a wedding ring yet due to my choice: My wife's financial situation isn't the greatest and I did not want to spend unnecessary money. Am I going to be judged for this in their minds? The wifey is suggesting on buying a decent ring on the cheap side($25 area). Last thing I want to do is give them ANY doubts about anything. I've been far too patient and I'm dying to be with her.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your school records should be official enough. Make sure you have the TDap vaccination as well if that hasn't been done recently.

Correct, you don't need an additional police certificate.

I'm not sure what Montreal does with your original documents. I would bring copies of all the documents if you can or have them. That way they can give you back your originals.

You should have sent all your proof in your original package. You can bring a few extra pictures but they didn't ask me for anything at all.

I wouldn't worry so much about a wedding ring. That is a personal choice. A lot of men these days don't wear wedding rings anyway. Canadian embassies are pretty relaxed so I wouldn't worry about it.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

As far as proof goes, I only have pictures. Will this suffice or should I dig deep and try to find call and text records as well? My wife and I do a lot of Skype and Tango. We never call each other due to long distance fees. First couple months cost us an arm and a leg sad.png so we stuck with face chatting.

I had my interview in Montreal a couple weeks ago and I brought TONS of proof with me, (pics, skype screen caps, boarding passes, etc.) they did not ask for one bit of proof though. But I would bring them, you never know

Edited by JustBreathe

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

For your vaccination records, yes that's fine. If you think about it, most original records are hand written.... LOL My daughter's are and they're from 2003 onward

As long as it's less than 1 yr old it's fine

If you sent everything to the NVC vs using EP then just show up. They'll likely have their own photocopies. Unless you can produce photocopies without the actual document handy....

Bring a little bit of evidence. Emails, some random screenshots showing skype or tango calls, some pictures... Should be good. They likely won't ask for anything but it's good to bring it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Please let me ask here as I dont want to make so many topic for almost the same thing.

I had done medical on Tuesday and received the letter by courier today.

1 One big envelope which I dont need to open

2 One CD

3 "vaccination work sheet".

In that vaccination work sheet, it was checked as

Vaccination History Incomplete

Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver (s) because vaccination (s) not medically appropriate.

I submitted chicken pox record from high school in 1992 and the recent one from June 2013.

Do I need one more chicken pox vaccine or what does it mean? Should I call Dr Seiden's office on Monday to varify that?

Please advise. Thank you.

blanket waiver is what you'll get because of all the vaccines that aren't required due to your age. Even I have one.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys thank you so much for your replies!!

However I have one more question. Just a couple hours after making this thread I had received and email today saying my interview has been rescheduled.. I opened the email and my interview date has been pushed back 6 days from October 16th to October 22nd... Has this happened to anyone else? The email states;

"Due to some previously unforeseen circumstances, we need to reschedule your interview for Tuesday October 22, 2013 at the same time."

What exactly does "unforseen circumstances" mean? I don't like the way the word "circumstances" has been used :( seems to be bad.

sweety-sweet.

I'm going to get a chickenpox vaccine as its not in my record. I told the lady at the medical office that I had chickenpox when I was a child. Didn't really understand what she was saying as far as getting the vaccine or not. She had a foreign accent.

She did however tell me that there are a few vaccines I don't need due to my age as NLR said. The list that you receive in your packets are a general list, not a specific list (age).

Edited by Anonymous456

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anon 456: I think you're reading too much into their wording. It could be a scheduling conflict of some sort but nothing to do with you personally.

You can get the varicella vaccine or get your varicella titer done to prove your immunity to chicken pox.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys thank you so much for your replies!!

However I have one more question. Just a couple hours after making this thread I had received and email today saying my interview has been rescheduled.. I opened the email and my interview date has been pushed back 6 days from October 16th to October 22nd... Has this happened to anyone else? The email states;

"Due to some previously unforeseen circumstances, we need to reschedule your interview for Tuesday October 22, 2013 at the same time."

What exactly does "unforseen circumstances" mean? I don't like the way the word "circumstances" has been used sad.png seems to be bad.

sweety-sweet.

I'm going to get a chickenpox vaccine as its not in my record. I told the lady at the medical office that I had chickenpox when I was a child. Didn't really understand what she was saying as far as getting the vaccine or not. She had a foreign accent.

She did however tell me that there are a few vaccines I don't need due to my age as NLR said. The list that you receive in your packets are a general list, not a specific list (age).

I got the same email earlier! Our interview date was the 16th as well and got moved to the 22nd.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a scheduling issue. Perhaps one of the interviewers is going to be away on a leave of some sort (medical/maternity/personal) and now they're rescheduling to cover it? Or they lost an interviewer somehow. Don't stress about it, it's nothing to do or against you.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: Timeline

I am now arranging all the papers in the big plastic folder. Kindly check these for me.

1 AOS packet - I 864 EZ (org + copy), W-2s, tax returns for 3 years (org + copy), scanned last pay stub from him on this Thursday

2 Visa application form

3 Birthd certificate (original translated one + copy), marriage certificate (org + copy), Police certificates (org + copy for each country),

4 medical report (sealed envelope + CD + vaccination worksheet)

5 Relationship (chat, phone list, phone cards, birthday cards, pictures together in wedding and other places), tickets to visit him, boarding passes

6 Interview letter

7 passport

8 photos - 2 Nos

Are these good enough? I will put this whole big folder in plastic bag (may be grocery bag) and bring to counslate.

Can I allow to bring a small wallet as I should bring my IDs and a few cash for the taxi (in case) if I need. May be like $10 or $20. I will leave my cell at the hotel.

Thank you.

Don't forget your loomis paper. They won't let you in without it. I'd use a ziploc bag, binder or accordion file folder vs a grocery bag. You cannot bring in your wallet upstairs but they may be able to keep it at security for you.

As for the copies of the originals, they'll have copies as they print off the EP pdf you gave them. They only asked to see my originals. I brought my entire AOS package and all they wanted was the I-864EZ as they had the photocopies of everything else from printing it off.

(I saw the copies in my file, that's how I know they had them.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't forget your loomis paper. They won't let you in without it. I'd use a ziploc bag, binder or accordion file folder vs a grocery bag. You cannot bring in your wallet upstairs but they may be able to keep it at security for you.

As for the copies of the originals, they'll have copies as they print off the EP pdf you gave them. They only asked to see my originals. I brought my entire AOS package and all they wanted was the I-864EZ as they had the photocopies of everything else from printing it off.

(I saw the copies in my file, that's how I know they had them.)

What is the Loomis paper??? I don't have this! Is this for K1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.