Anna Sif

My medical experience in Amsterdam

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi,

I had my medical exam last week here in Amsterdam.

I called both the doctor and the X ray clinic and got appointments for 2 days later (their info is in letter in packet 4)

I first had the Xray at the clinic. It took about 10 mins. They are sending the xray to the doctor, but the lady told me it looked fine. I paid 50 euros cash at the end.

Then walked to the doctor's office, which is about 10 mins walk away. There I had to fill in a form, had some blood taken, and then i waited about 40 mins for the doctor to see me. He's a really nice man, he made small conversation about this and that and asked me questions about my medical history (the usual: have you ever been in hospital, seriously ill, take medicines or drugs, etc). Then he measured my heght and weight, took my blood pressure, checked my heart rate and breathing and my eye sight with one of those optician charts. He then checked my vaccination card and told me i didn't need the Hepatitis B vaccination i took, that people older than 17 don't need to get it, even though it says so in the letter i got from the Embassy!! So my advice is to wait til your medical before getting any vaccinations, i took them in advance to be well prepared and ended up getting some i didn't need!

I paid 155 euros at the end of the exam and that was it!

They send the results directly to the Embassy.

So that's done and my interview is next tuesday. I'm a bit nervous, cos this week i gave official notice at work and to my landlord... So wish me luck! I'll post how it went after my interview.

Anna

TIMELINE

K1 visa 2006

May 9th Sent I-129 petition

May 16th NOA1 telling us they sent our case to California Service Center

June 23rd IMBRA RFE

Sept. 5th NOA2!!!!

Dec. 12th Interview at Consulate APPROVED!!!

Dec. 14th Visa received

March 19th Move to the US!

AOS

June 15th Sent AOS and AED package

June 25th NOA1s for AOS and AED

July 21st Appointment for Biometrics

July 24th RFE (co-sponsor's passport copy) sent back

Sept. 10th EAD aproved

Sept. 12th EAD card received in the mail

Oct. 9th AOS Interview. APPROVED!!!

Oct. 19th GREEN CARD received!!

126 days!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.