bgreen19

HELP! Visa interview "unscheduled" by NVC?? (merged)

26 posts in this topic

What?? already closed Oct interview dates??

Talked to the Embassy yesterday, they said there were still slots for October. Called the NVC this morning, they said the October schedule closed yesterday. So, who knows.

same thing happened to me! i was trying to get my mom and i just got an email with the interview date for my mom and abt 24hrs getting the mail, they called me that there was no interview date yet! it was an ERROR!! i am so F***ing mad right now!

Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the club. When I talked to the NVC this morning I insisted, politely, that they send me something in writing stating they made a "mistake" and I DO NOT have an interview on October 3rd. I've heard horror stories of people hearing their interviews were "cancelled" by the NVC and are later denied for not showing up to the interview they were told was cancelled. I had to talk to a supervisor but they finally agreed to send me a letter.

Edited by bgreen19

I would like to hear more about this letter.

I sent a letter to Senator Grassley, he is top man in government on immigrations these days.

I am also one of his constituents so I expect to hear something soon.

We need to get everyone who has had this happen to them and all contact Senator Grassley.

-Phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I would like to hear more about this letter.

I sent a letter to Senator Grassley, he is top man in government on immigrations these days.

I am also one of his constituents so I expect to hear something soon.

We need to get everyone who has had this happen to them and all contact Senator Grassley.

-Phil

Here's the email they sent me Phil...

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently sent correspondence indicating that the immigrant visa petition filed by (redacted) on behalf of (redacted) with the assigned NVC case number MNL%$##$% was scheduled for an interview appointment at the U. S. Embassy/Consulate General in MANILA, PHILIPPINES.

We regret to inform you that this interview is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. If appropriate, the visa case will be rescheduled for an interview as soon as the case is once again eligible. If the case is not eligible for rescheduling we will notify the registered agent associated with this case of any additional action that is required.

Any questions should be directed to the NVC at one of the contact points below.

E-MAIL: NVCInquiry@state.gov

TELEPHONE: (603) 334-0700 - Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 12:00 Midnight (Eastern Time).

POSTAL MAIL: National Visa Center

ATTN: WC

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Edited by bgreen19

I called them again tonight. Still no interview date and again said that October scheduling is closed. Can I ask what your priority date is? Mine is Feb. 8th. Just wondering if anyones had a CR1 interview scheduled with a priority date after mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

received again today 10/03/2013 notification for interview on Nov 12 at 6:15 am.

hope this is not an error again from NVC

Ours was Nov 7th and I called NVC to confirm!

Medical set for the 15th!

-phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I called them again tonight. Still no interview date and again said that October scheduling is closed. Can I ask what your priority date is? Mine is Feb. 8th. Just wondering if anyones had a CR1 interview scheduled with a priority date after mine.

ours is February 13, 2013 and interview is on November 13 too.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Was your case complete before September 1st? Mine was and I haven't been asked to fill out a DS-260. But when I log onto the CEAC website the DS-260 is there and says incomplete. Our case is already complete with the DS-230.

Just wondering what your situation is?

If you want ur case to go fast complete the DS 260 because they will ask you to. That happened to me. The sooner the better for your case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.