Siham.fahad

Getting married in morocco

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello dear visajourniers lol...I'm a Moroccan girl who is planning on getting married next month to an American originally from Pakistan....it's been a year and a half now and we're falling even more inlove with each other( I know this is cheesy ...if there's anything I hate most in this world it would be cockroaches.....and cheesy love stories) but...who would've thought I'd ever fall inlove lol ...anyway I'll just cut to the chase

Inshallah on September the seventh ill be picking my fiancé from the airport( woohoo can't wait). We want to get married here in morocco but he's only here for 2 weeks.. Now we are preparing everything beforehand but since its only a few days untill he comes we're or should say I AM freaking out.

If anyone out there has already went through this....would you care to elaborate..enlighten us please...I'm desperate

I've been going through forums and checking out other people's experiences however, most of them are from 2006 or 2010 and not very much detailed.also most of the. Are foreign women marrying a Moroccan man. Please if any of you out there have a peice of info that can be of great help.. I'd appreciate it ...again I don't have much time left

Thank you in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

All i can tell you is a good luck, marrying someone not from your culture is a big challenge in a long run, not trying to scare you off but from experience perspective, but there is some successful stories also, i wish you best luck on your marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi! First of all - congratulations on your upcoming marriage! I got married to my husband in Morocco in April. Do you already have the list of documents that your court requires? If you and your fiance already have all your documents then one thing you can do to speed things up is have him send you the documents before he arrives so you can have them translated. When your fiance arrives he will need to go to the US embassy in Casablanca for a certificate of citizenship and eligibility to marry (I think that is what it is called) and he will need to go to Rabat to have that document stamped and also to get a police record check in Morocco.

If you have not gone to your local court to get a list of required documents you need to do so right away because different courts require different documents and things seem to vary depending on where you get married. It took us 29 days to get married but I have heard from others who completed it in just a few days. We had a judge give us some problems so that is one reason it took a little longer.

I don't know if I answered your question so feel free to ask me any questions. And again - good luck and congratulations!

Timeline

hello sister,i'm very happy for you,im halima,married to an american originaly and i got married last december in the south of Morocco,my husband took a months from his job,but thank Allah we did marry here only for 4 days whch is a miracle,he brought all the documents we need and i fixed mine two weeks before he came excepte the medical checks,i get him from casa airport and we went straight to Rabat brought his Moroccan criminal record( he never been here so i don't know why he need it, strange)...

and we went back to casa get his Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry he pay $50 for i,then we translate all documents into Arabic( his and mine) then we made medical and blood check for him,and we head to my city and we started the process on friday,we madr sure they work on it and send it to the police that day so they can interview us on Monday....the police ask us some questions and they send the file on Wednesday we got married same day and we made a big weeding Alhamdolilah.

note that we married in 4 days just because my cusin work in the court and other work with the police....otherwise it takes from a week to 15 days.

for more information,please go here,this site help us alot

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/service/professional-services/marriage-information.html

event.png

event.png

note that we married in 4 days just because my cusin work in the court and other work with the police....otherwise it takes from a week to 15 days.

I was going to say...WOW 4 DAYS!?

That is quite an incredible result to get it all approved and returned. Even if one prepares everything ahead of time, realistically t would not take 4 days for normal people.

I remembered it took 4 days just for the court to make their decision to stamp the paperwork lol

Congratulations on your marriage in Morocco

Timeline

That is quite an incredible result to get it all approved and returned. Even if one prepares everything ahead of time, realistically t would not take 4 days for normal people.

I remembered it took 4 days just for the court to make their decision to stamp the paperwork lol

Yeah I think 4 days is quite an accomplishment and I would not count on it going that fast - athough anything is possible. Everything went pretty fast for us until it reached the court stage - then it seemed to take forever. For us it took 29 days.

Timeline

It just happen because i prepaire well for the precess before my husband come also i made them to hurry in the

court because i love my husband and can't wait to be his wife,and the most important thing is that we prayied

alot for Allah to make things easy for us.and it happend Alhamdolilah.

thank you for the wish....

event.png

event.png

Hey all. Thank you so much for your replies I appreciate it!

Okay so I did go to the court and got the list of requirements ...I've already prepared mine and I've translated the list into English and sent it to my fiancé. As for the capacity of marriage and notarized passport/passport size photos/criminal record/written statement we can get all that here.

I also hired a adoul to organize everything for us in advance. I sent the docs for translation I.e his full birth certificate/ proof of employment/ FBI police record

Like I mentioned before he only took 14 day leave from work, we are going to pick hi m from the airport on Saturday early morning so we can't really do much on weekends. But inshallah we have an appointment at the us embassy in casa Monday morning 8:30 . My plan is to get the capacity and passport thingy go straight to Rabat get them stamped and get his criminal record

Now I know my dad knows a lot of people back where I live so if they wanna to bribe them we will (even though I don't like it but we don't have much of a choice here)

Like my sis @browneyes86 said we need to pray and pray and PRAY for everything to go smoothe and fast

Thank you soooooooo much for your replies everyone I really appreciate it. I will keep all of you updated on the process

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good luck for u sis my advice for u is take much picture as much as u can and also he nedd to visit u at least twice or more befor ur interview

nd for u to get married don't waist time do it fast cuz the procese will took more than week start getting the paper tht ull need and m here for any question

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.