tetlee

Referencing Proofs in Question 18 attachment

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for a while, the sites been a big help to us so thanks for everyone contributions!

Hopefully we'll file over the next week but I was just going over the guide and I'm now not sure what I have done for question 18 is appropriate.

I answered the question on a single page but then also include another 4 pages with 3 photos of us and 2 copies of entry stamps to the US in my fiancée's passport.

My thinking was the pages would be paper clipped together, with a footer on each stating "I-129F Question 18 Continued" and then the page number.

So it reads like this

Whilst Matthew was on holiday in Phoenix (02/27/2013 till 03/24/2013) a mutual friend thinking we were well suited introduced us.

See page 5 a copy of Matthew's entry point passport stamp, dated 02/27/2013.

Amongst many other things while staying with Matthew we took a trip to Paris for 2 nights. See page 3 and 4, pictures of us at the Eiffel Tower, July 6th 2013.

Is this too much for question 18?

I've kind of blurred the line between the question and including proof of an on going relationship

As Matt is British I believe the burden of proof asked for by the London Embassy is less, so in the initial packet we intend to only include the 3 pictures and copy of the 2 stamps.

Any thoughts gratefully received

Edited by tetlee

I think you are using an older version of the form, which is only going to be accepted until Sept 16, so keep that in mind.

I think I am following your idea about referencing pages you have numbered yourself....like page 1-5 of your meeting pages. The problem with that is they take off your paper clips and totally rearrange your submission so it may not remain together. Usually the answer to 18 (or Part 2, 34a) is all that is referenced with a question number from the form and is fairly brief.

Then maybe head your evidence pages with Proof of Meeting in Person if you want to title it. I always write on my evidence pages. I highlight dates and names with yellow and I print in red Sharpie in blank areas at the bottom...Mary's boarding passes for trip to England 8/23/2012.....Mary and John in Paris 8/30/2013. The pages stand alone so to speak and it jumps out what I'm showing because I noted it in red and highlighted the date.

And tie the Eiffle tower to dates. Your entry stamp into France at Calais or Gare du Nord, the ferry or train tickets. Matthew probably didn't get stamps.

For Phoenix-- entry stamp to US, boarding pass, and maybe a credit card charge in your town. I sent one photocopy page of each of our credit card statements where we each purchased something in Harrod's on the same date. The photocopy was highlighted on the Harrod's line, my name was highlighted and I wrote in red "Mary in London 1/5/2008". His was the same "John in London on same date 1/5/2008" Tie your meetings down with dated documentation.

London won't ask for additional proof of your relationship at the interview, but they will look at what you sent with the petition so clearly define your meetings and include a few photographs.

That's my two cents---

Example fo

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Ok Thanks, I'll split the proofs off into a separate document and change/update references within it.

It's our intention/hope that I will be there with Matt when he has the interview, that's allowed right?

If so, that'd go a long way to act as proof I'd hope smile.png

Aslo, I did just notice that I have an old form.

I guess I'll copy stuff over to it now - very annoying!

Edited by tetlee

Ok Thanks, I'll split the proofs off into a separate document and change/update references within it.

It's our intention/hope that I will be there with Matt when he has the interview, that's allowed right?

If so, that'd go a long way to act as proof I'd hope smile.png

Aslo, I did just notice that I have an old form.

I guess I'll copy stuff over to it now - very annoying!

Just get your petition approved by USCIS by showing US citizen, both fee to marry, intend to marry within 90 days, and met in person and you need no further proof for London. The embassy is not USCIS by the way. That is Dept of State.

Yes, you may attend the Interview if you get prior written permission from London. Don't go just to prove relationship. London doesn't care. Only go if you can easily afford it and want an adventure sight seeing in London. Don't go because you think it will help him get the visa. It won't.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.