Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

affidavit of support

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Question about income derived. Should I use gross income, or something else?

Total GROSS personal income. Combine all sources.

state CURRENT INCOME, current income means the DAY YOU SIGN THE FORM, it is not last years income. If you got a new job last week paying $350,000 per year and last year you made $12,200 ...your CURRENT INCOME is $350,000 per year. It does not matter that you only earned it for one week so far this year.

Atttach check stubs and/or employment letter to verify your CURRENT income

Some people will tell you "line 22 from the form 1040" which is only true if your income has not changed since you did your taxes last.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.