thebeat4c

Interview letter??? Doesn't have case number...

10 posts in this topic

I am going to have my medical exam with Dr Cheema. It says that I need to bring a letter that has my name, interview date and case number on it.

The confirmarion that I have of my appointment only has my name and interview date on it.... so... does anyone know of what letter he is needing?

I know a couple others have asked this same question, but i have yet to see an answer.

Can someone please help us out?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I have the same question! I don't know what letter they are referring to. Like is Vancouver going to mail a letter now that the interview is booked... Or can we bring a separate letter, along with the confirmation email, that has our name and case number (Like the packet 3 instruction letter, has my name and case number)

K1 VISA

01/15/2013-I-129f sent
01/17/2013-NOA1 date
02/01/2013-NOA1 hardcopy received
06/19/2013-NOA2 APPROVED!
07/11/2013-Case forwarded to DOS (took them long enough)
07/30/2013- Case received by Vancouver. Received packet 3 via email
08/16/2013-Received packet 4
09/09/2013-Medical
09/11/2013-Interview APPROVED!
09/23/2013-POE YVR airport
10/22/2013-Marriage

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/23/2014-Filed for Greencard
02/10/2014-NOA1 received
03/12/2014 RFE :(

03/18/2014-Biometrics
05/20/2014 Work permit received
July 2014 interview and approval! Received green card!

August 2014 found job!

and the journey continues....

Yeah I have the same question! I don't know what letter they are referring to. Like is Vancouver going to mail a letter now that the interview is booked... Or can we bring a separate letter, along with the confirmation email, that has our name and case number (Like the packet 3 instruction letter, has my name and case number)

I just read somewhere that packet 3 is what we need. But the consulate isn't going to send me packet 3, because I already faxed in my docs, they told me they are mailing out packet 4 instead....

I did just email the consulate, asking them what I needed.

Hopefully someone with some experience will answer this question for us.

event.png

Timeline

I just read somewhere that packet 3 is what we need. But the consulate isn't going to send me packet 3, because I already faxed in my docs, they told me they are mailing out packet 4 instead....

I did just email the consulate, asking them what I needed.

Hopefully someone with some experience will answer this question for us.

Yes hopefully! Its coming up fast, my medical is Sept 9th and Interview on the 11th. When did you schedule yours for?

K1 VISA

01/15/2013-I-129f sent
01/17/2013-NOA1 date
02/01/2013-NOA1 hardcopy received
06/19/2013-NOA2 APPROVED!
07/11/2013-Case forwarded to DOS (took them long enough)
07/30/2013- Case received by Vancouver. Received packet 3 via email
08/16/2013-Received packet 4
09/09/2013-Medical
09/11/2013-Interview APPROVED!
09/23/2013-POE YVR airport
10/22/2013-Marriage

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/23/2014-Filed for Greencard
02/10/2014-NOA1 received
03/12/2014 RFE :(

03/18/2014-Biometrics
05/20/2014 Work permit received
July 2014 interview and approval! Received green card!

August 2014 found job!

and the journey continues....

Yes hopefully! Its coming up fast, my medical is Sept 9th and Interview on the 11th. When did you schedule yours for?

I scheduled my appointment for Sep 4th and medical.. well I am still waiting to here back from Dr. Cheema's office.

I did also ask them what I need to bring for this "letter". If they tell me anything I will post it up here, so that you will know too. :)

event.png

Timeline

Your case number is written in the packet 4 email. at the bottom.

''

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Montréal

Case Number: MTLXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Name (P) : XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Preference Category: K1 - CAN

Traveling Applicants:

(P)XxXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Appointment letter: (Packet 4)''

So I brought that letter + the confirmation letter for my appointement.

K1 Journey AOS Journey

I-129f sent - 2013/02/27 I-485 sent - 2013/12/17

NOA1 - 2013/03/05 NOA- 2013/12/24

NOA2 -2013/07/09 (126 days (4 months and 4 days) from NoA1) Biometrics- 2014/01/22 at Metairie, LA

Packet 3 mailed - 2013/08/02 NOA - Approved!!! 2014/08/28

Packet 4 received - 2013/08/12

Interview scheduled -2013/09/11

POE - 2013/09/20 (By car at Highgate/Vermont)

Your case number is written in the packet 4 email. at the bottom.

''

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Montréal

Case Number: MTLXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Name (P) : XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Preference Category: K1 - CAN

Traveling Applicants:

(P)XxXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Appointment letter: (Packet 4)''

So I brought that letter + the confirmation letter for my appointement.

Thank you sooo much! I should be fine then.

event.png

Please update you info OK( the beat 4c).I want to book my medical appointment but until now i don't have my packet 4 yet.

Please update you info OK( the beat 4c).I want to book my medical appointment but until now i don't have my packet 4 yet.

I dont know what you want me to update...

The consulate sent me an email saying that they were sending packet 4 in the mail. As soon as I got that email I booked my appointment.

You may not get an email. The only reason that I received an email, was because I emailed them first asking them to email me.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.