del-11-03-13-3

DS156 and DS230 concern

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've been helping my fiancé fill out the forms for the interview and came across something that concerned me. We filled out the DS156 form online first and for question 29 where you list all the times visiting the US, we rounded the time to say X weeks or X months instead of counting all the days. Well, his most recent trip to the US we said was 6 months even though it was a few days short of 6 months. I didn't think anything of it until we filled out DS230 later and saw question 30, where you list where you lived for at least 6 months. He has not lived anywhere outside his home country for at least 6 months so we put the entire time as living in Brazil. My concern is how it will look when viewing the two forms. I know we can't change the DS156 because we already submitted it online and its not truthful to say he lived at least 6 months in the US on DS230. Do you think this will cause an issue at the interview?

I've been helping my fiancé fill out the forms for the interview and came across something that concerned me. We filled out the DS156 form online first and for question 29 where you list all the times visiting the US, we rounded the time to say X weeks or X months instead of counting all the days. Well, his most recent trip to the US we said was 6 months even though it was a few days short of 6 months. I didn't think anything of it until we filled out DS230 later and saw question 30, where you list where you lived for at least 6 months. He has not lived anywhere outside his home country for at least 6 months so we put the entire time as living in Brazil. My concern is how it will look when viewing the two forms. I know we can't change the DS156 because we already submitted it online and its not truthful to say he lived at least 6 months in the US on DS230. Do you think this will cause an issue at the interview?

Visiting us doesnt equal living there. Id say it was extented vacation. I would only put adresses where you actually resided.

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.