BettyAndMe

Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony in Hand!

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just received the appointment notice for my wife's swearing in ceremony for US Citizenship -- Sept. 13 (Friday the 13th, hmmmm....), 10 AM.

This is the end of the road that we started down in Oct. of 2006 as we began to prepare our K-1 application in Lima Peru. It continued through the embassy interview 6 months later, entry to the US for the first time, civil marriage, the provisional green card, permanent green card, and now citizenship.

We could have applied for her citizenship 2 years ago but she didn't feel like she was ready with her English (she wasn't).

VisaJourney.com has been our main reference source throughout the entire process. What a site this is!

A surprisingly gratifying and emotional moment right now.

3dflagsdotcom_perna_2fawm.gifglitter_maker_01_26_2007_21_13_58_57228.gif 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Our Timeline

08/03/06 -- Met online, have chatted almost every day since then

09/29/06 -- Met in person at the Lima Airport. 10 wonderful days together.

10/31/06 -- I-129F mailed to TSC

11/09/06 -- CSC cashes the check

11/14/06 -- NOA-1 Received

11/16/06 -- We get 11 days together in Arequipa (Betty's home town). I meet her family for the first time.

12/28/06 -- We get 19 days together in Arequipa. I'll be back in February.

01/18/07 -- Touched! First sign of life.

01/19/07 -- 12:10 AM, NOA-2! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! On to the next step.

01/19/07 -- Touched again, around 11 AM. I guess we're on the way to the NVC!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.