thebeat4c

Faxing Packet 3

7 posts in this topic

I checked the Visa Status Check website today, and it shows that Vancouver has recieved my file. I faxed them in the checklist and from DS 230.

I am wondering what you guys think about me faxing them before receiving packet 3 in the mail.

I am hoping I wasn't too eagar...

Did you wait for packet 3?

event.png

I did also fax then without packet 3 (just download from vancouver embassy) You could fax form 230 along with your checklist..(make sure you have all document really)..Now i waiting for me packet 4..also.

I

I did also fax then without packet 3 (just download from vancouver embassy) You could fax form 230 along with your checklist..(make sure you have all document really)..Now i waiting for me packet 4..also.

I

When did you fax off your packet 3?

I did include my 230 with the checklist. I think the form said to do that.

I hope they email us packet 4 soon...

event.png

I'm fax off my form 230 last Wednesday and got email stated they received and form 230.Two day after which it Friday received a packet 3.After i collected all documents on my checklist i fax to embassy on Monday 18 2013.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also faxed in my Packet 3 when I was going through that process and the Vancouver Consulate emailed me Packet 4. It was a fairly quick process. Just make sure that you tell them that you want them to email you Packet 4 instead of sending it in the email. Their email address is

Vancouver, K Visa Department <Vancouverk@state.gov> and they reply emails fairly quickly.

Just in case you are wondering if you can fax your checklist and DS 230 before you get the Packet 3....

If you know for sure that you case is at the Vancouver consulate, you can fax your checklist and DS 230.

I just got an email stating that they received my fax and that they will not be sending out a packet 3, but instead sending out packet 4.

If you want to know if your case is at the consulate you can use this website to track it if you have your case #

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.